Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 793

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

  1. #641
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2016
    Location

    Austin, TX
    Posts

    29

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Sweet list, Tamiful! I'm gonna try this out this weekend. What's your SB like?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamiful View Post
    You're right Thomas, I've tried bunch of lists, and found out following one is good:

    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Alter
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Goblin Creatermaker
    3 Lingaling Souls

    10 Fetches
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrublend
    3 Swamp
    2 Phyrexian Tower

    - Haven't tried any changes on sides yet.
    - Excluded Entombs, it's not a best card anymore.. Especially after board.
    - Bridge or Souls? I'd say both is good, as I've learned from the history.
    - Willing to try Priests and Judith, instead of Souls?
    - Trying Goblin Creatermakers, those are good, but is one drop heavier than Explosives or Abrades in case of deleting Chalice.

    Thanks!
    Makoto

  2. #642

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Hi everyone, i've tested Rix Maadi Reveler in our local tournament yesterday.

    First things first: Tamiful! Very nice find for the deck.

    Here is the list, i've played:

    // Zombardment_BRw_Reveler

    // 61 Maindeck
    // 23 Creature
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    2 Gurmag Angler

    // 6 Enchantment
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Bridge from Below

    // 2 Instant
    2 Entomb

    // 20 Land
    3 Swamp
    1 Marsh Flats
    3 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 Scrubland
    1 Phyrexian Tower

    // 10 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Thoughtseize


    // 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Artifact
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Silent Gravestone
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Umezawa's Jitte

    // 9 Instant
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Path to Exile
    SB: 3 Wear // Tear
    SB: 1 Zealous Persecution

    // 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Thoughtseize

    ==============================================
    - White splash is only for SB
    - potential changes: -1 Scourge of Nel Toth, +1 Cratermaker, +1 Basic Mountain (+ Arid Mesa)
    - Reveler performed pretty well! It gives the deck a little more card advantage (Hellbent cantrip). The spectacle ability works really well with Bombardement!
    - i'm not sure about the Tower though
    - the deck works on really tight land resources.

    Played against Entchantress (loss), UW Stoneblade (win), D&T (win), Miracles (win)

  3. #643

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by gngpostalsrvc View Post
    Sweet list, Tamiful! I'm gonna try this out this weekend. What's your SB like?
    My SB is currently like this:

    3 Karakas
    4 Wear/Tear
    2 Silent Graveyard
    3 Swords to Plowshers
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Engineered Explosive

    I'd put Surgical Extraction instead of Graveyard if there is a lot of Ants and no much Miracles.

    By the way I'd done a bit of matches on Side Event at GP Kyoto, and there is result of those:

    R1 UR Delver WW
    1- Therapied once, won as usual mainboard
    2- He boarded in like 3 cages and 2 Surgical, and 2-3 Blood Moons, okay I'll do beat with 3 Crawlers and two Ghasts assisted by bridge.

    R2 El-Tron LL
    1- Succeed discarding Chalice on draw, crushed by another.
    2- 2 Leylines and chalice, actually handled them, but could not solve ballista and Karn beating me down.

    R3 AnT LWL (My friend)
    1- Crushed my T2.
    2- Crushed him T3
    3- Crushed me T2 Okay.

    R4 AnT WW
    1- Tried to crush me T2 with Ad, and failed.
    2- He'd put 14 tokens at T2, attacked me T3, I've destroyed him T3 with 3 bridges, 3 ghasts and bombardment.

    R5 Grixis Control WW
    1- No much to comment. He's basically got nothing to against us.
    2- He'd mulled to 6, didn't have Surgical or anything.

    I actually have much more result or 10 leagues at MO, but will put digests lately because the text will be too long to write.

  4. #644

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellraiser157 View Post
    Hi everyone, i've tested Rix Maadi Reveler in our local tournament yesterday.

    First things first: Tamiful! Very nice find for the deck.

    Here is the list, i've played:

    // Zombardment_BRw_Reveler

    // 61 Maindeck
    // 23 Creature
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    2 Gurmag Angler

    // 6 Enchantment
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Bridge from Below

    // 2 Instant
    2 Entomb

    // 20 Land
    3 Swamp
    1 Marsh Flats
    3 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 Scrubland
    1 Phyrexian Tower

    // 10 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Thoughtseize


    // 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Artifact
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Silent Gravestone
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Umezawa's Jitte

    // 9 Instant
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Path to Exile
    SB: 3 Wear // Tear
    SB: 1 Zealous Persecution

    // 1 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Thoughtseize

    ==============================================
    - White splash is only for SB
    - potential changes: -1 Scourge of Nel Toth, +1 Cratermaker, +1 Basic Mountain (+ Arid Mesa)
    - Reveler performed pretty well! It gives the deck a little more card advantage (Hellbent cantrip). The spectacle ability works really well with Bombardement!
    - i'm not sure about the Tower though
    - the deck works on really tight land resources.

    Played against Entchantress (loss), UW Stoneblade (win), D&T (win), Miracles (win)
    Glad you'd succeed, and liked Rix Maadi!

    I also feel the Scourge is not necessary part in this deck, because you nearly never entomb in him except you are facing Delvers or Grixis Control, and bridge, ghasts, and Crawlers are more necessary to put in at those match.

    I really love to play Rix Maadi, but feel like 3 is good amount to put, just because he is two drop and could make the deck a bit too heavy.
    Also, I'd recommend you to try the lingaring Souls instead of Anglers, they can make you Spectacled easier, and make a bit time to you to grab the card advantage against the deck like delvers.
    (Maybe a bit biased, because I personally do not in love with anglers yet)

    Liked Jitte in your SB! Will try it out lately :D

    Makoto

  5. #645
    Member

    Join Date

    Dec 2018
    Location

    France
    Posts

    11

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Hello, After several test sessions and tournaments, here is my review of two lists close enough but with a different game optics.

    I will start with the list of Tamiful rather combo oriented:

    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Phyrexian Alter
    3 Entomb
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Engineered Explosive
    1 Greater Gargadon
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

    10 Fetchlands
    3 Swamp
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Phyrexian Tower

    SB :
    4 Wear // Tear
    3 Silent Gravestone
    3 Karakas
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Volcanic Spray
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Goblin Creatermaker

    I see this list as being much more sensitive to surgical extraction. Even if one can widely take games playing classically, it is fairly recurrent to switch to combo mode for instant win.
    Rix Maadi is also less interesting in this list in my humble opinion. Having to put the Bridge in the graveyard in ritual exposes us too much.
    However, level side, Silent Gravestone is clearly the we want to see!
    I find the list pretty solid like that.

    The second list (Tamiful again yeah !):

    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Alter
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Goblin Creatermaker

    For this one, I find it the most aggressive. The combo plan is less interesting and the Rix Maadi are more in the optics to multiply the threats to put a huge pressure. After tests, clearly Phryrexian Altaar will be replaced by Gurmag Angler. This is for me a better top deck, and this anytime in the game.
    Regarding the side, I consider the Silent Gravestone less interesting. If our opponent passes one, clearly the game is far from over (Gurgmag still present). And having this pebble in the hands of departure or picking it later in the game will only slow us down.
    Even though it's trickier to set up, I'm going to test Relic of Progenitus. She can fizzle Surgical Extractions and come to annoy reanimator.

    Here is the list with my changes :

    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Rix Maadi Reveler
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Gurmag Angler
    1 Goblin Creatermaker
    3 Lingering Souls

    10 Fetchlands
    3 Swamp
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Phyrexian Tower

    4 Wear // Tear
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    3 Karakas
    2 Goblin Creatermaker
    1 Zealous Persecution
    1 Volcanic Spray
    1 Pithing Needle

    Benoît.

  6. #646

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Has Light up the stage been discussed? If you find easy to trigger spettacle it could be very good

  7. #647

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Hi,

    It seems this new card fits perfectly in this deck :



    It provides a Zombie token each turn if dealt with, you're ensured to always have a Zombie for Gravecrawler.

    A friend of mine made a list with this + Bitterblossom and it was very strong !

    Let's discuss !

  8. #648
    Member
    Koplinchen's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Prague
    Posts

    125

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    It does nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #649

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    The new RB zombie might be nice.

    RB, 1/1 haste, when he damages a player or pw put a +1/+1 counter. When he dies, deals damage equals to his power to any target.

    Any thoughts on this guy? its a zombie that can block, its super aggressive and when you bombard him, he deals some extra damage

  10. #650

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment



    Could this be what Judith wasn't able to be?

  11. #651

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    The new RB zombie might be nice.

    RB, 1/1 haste, when he damages a player or pw put a +1/+1 counter. When he dies, deals damage equals to his power to any target.

    Any thoughts on this guy? its a zombie that can block, its super aggressive and when you bombard him, he deals some extra damage
    Here's the pic :


  12. #652

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by grokh View Post
    Here's the pic :

    Exactly, that one. I think for a more aggro build, less graveyard reliant build, this dude fits in like a charm.

  13. #653
    Victory Dance ftw?
    Mirrislegend's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Posts

    1,003

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Did this 5-0 on luck or opponents not understanding what was going on or on actual strength?
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=30113&iddeck=254514

    Many of these card choices seem great for Zombardment, but are definitely slower. Should Zombardment be trading speed for card advantage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

    God, is that furry bondage?

  14. #654

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    Did this 5-0 on luck or opponents not understanding what was going on or on actual strength?
    http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=30113&iddeck=254514

    Many of these card choices seem great for Zombardment, but are definitely slower. Should Zombardment be trading speed for card advantage?
    Haha, here is my deck too.. This deck also won me at 1000 USD tourney when there was Divining top on the legacy legal.
    And yes, this is the deck started from zombardment mechanics; Looting to advantage!
    This deck is not so bad as you see, but still need some brush ups and I am currently working on especially for sb, which need bunch amount of games and I was working on Auto Chess :p

    The deck historically was all about humility + tokens, priest does work much better than when she's at standard, once you activate her ability against fair legacy deck, it's pretty much gg.
    Daretti also help to stabilize the board, and is easy to destroy multiple creature/artifact if you have stockpile.

    Let us just try it out, it's pretty fun and we might find something from it.

  15. #655

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by tamiful View Post
    Haha, here is my deck too.. This deck also won me at 1000 USD tourney when there was Divining top on the legacy legal.
    And yes, this is the deck started from zombardment mechanics; Looting to advantage!
    This deck is not so bad as you see, but still need some brush ups and I am currently working on especially for sb, which need bunch amount of games and I was working on Auto Chess :p

    The deck historically was all about humility + tokens, priest does work much better than when she's at standard, once you activate her ability against fair legacy deck, it's pretty much gg.
    Daretti also help to stabilize the board, and is easy to destroy multiple creature/artifact if you have stockpile.

    Let us just try it out, it's pretty fun and we might find something from it.
    Do you have an updated list on this? I proxyed and tried a few games with a friend and the decks seems pretty bad compared to standard zombardment.
    Also today I stumbled upon a BRg list with bob and trophys/decay that looks pretty nice!

    1 Anger
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    4 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    4 Dark Confidant
    2 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Gravecrawler
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3 Swamp
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Verdant Catacombs

    Sideboard
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Silent Gravestone
    3 Surgical Extraction

  16. #656

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Small report incoming!
    Went 3-1 yesterday with the following list, beating MUD, Esper Arena Rector and Reanimator, losing to turbo depths.

    Main:
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Gravecrawler
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Phyrexian Altar
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Scrubland
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3 Swamp
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

    Sideboard:
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Karakas
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Silent Gravestone
    4 Wear // Tear

    Match1 vs MUD: Won 2-1
    G1 I discard him and beat and got him with bridge zombies
    G2 he chalices for 1/trinisphere and I got stuck on 2 lands
    G3 I discard his chalice and metalwoker and he got stuck on lands also

    Match 2 vs Reanimator: Won 2-1
    G1 I got comboed turn 1
    G2 I open with leyline, he destroy after a few turns but never reanimated anything
    G3 same with g2

    Match 3 vs Esper Arena Rector: Won 2-0
    Its like a miracles with the arena rector stuff, miracles is already a really good matchup so both games were just discard and beating with zombies/ghasts

    Match 4 vs Turbo Depths: Lost 0-2
    G1 he goes petal petal petal, land, crop to depths, vampire, 20/20...
    G2 I got karakas but he had ghost quarter

    Quick notes:
    - Rix Maadi is really cool with a 4 bridge/anger build... no Scourge of Nel Toth on this build because of the ensnaring bridge on the SB. Will probably try to fit one in since he is amazing vs eldrazi/goblins and with the 4 bridges every time you cast him you make lots of zombies.
    - The ensnaring bridge on the SB will probably have to become something else. Pithing Needle sounds good.
    - Rix is like a small looting that isn't countered by chalice, 3 copies might be the right amount!
    - I was able to do infinite zombies once, but I think I will try a similar build without the altar combo, probably replacing the 2 altars with another Rix and one Scourge. Of course you kill your opp at the spot if you have bombardment/anger on the GY, but another rix and a scourge will probably make the deck more consistent.
    - Inquisition of Kozilek is there instead of Thoughtseize because of aggro/burn being relevant in my local meta.

  17. #657

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Another small report incoming, maiking 2-1 on a 3round small tournament yesterday. Same list as above, except I changed the 2 altars for the 3rd rix maadi and one carrion feeder.

    M1: 1-2 loss vs grixis control
    g1 on the play, cabal therapy for brainstorm, took 3 gg
    g2 and g3 were a combination of really bad draws, he got all the hate, and his narset blocked my faithless lootings... its sad to lose to a good matchup but it happens

    M2: 2-0 win vs slivers
    g1 on the play, therapy for vial and take 1 out, he draws another one... turn 2 I got to make 3 cabal therapys and shred the rest of his hand
    g2 he starts with chalice but I have wear/tear, then a supplier mills 2 cabal therapys and its game

    M3: 2-1 vs goblins
    g1 supplier hold my back against a lackey, he starts to make a big board presence... i had 3 suppliers and 2 ghasts at my side, he matrons for chainwhirler and casts it, I entomb for a bridge in response, was beautiful
    g2 he start with tormods and had surgical, hard to get back online
    g3 i managed to have 3 bridges on the grave with a ghast, a couple fetchlands and a bombardment on the table, literally nothing he could do to turn that around

    Observations:
    - Phyrexian Tower did his job really well on this build;
    - The one of Carrion Feeder did his job very well when he appeared, but im not sure if hes necessary... I think I miss the big dragon...
    - Anger is AMAZING in this deck, in a fast format like legacy, you get your kill out of nowhere, specially with bridge on the graveyard;
    - I'm having a hard time sideboarding with this build because its the most consistent I have ever played on game 1... I started with removing some bridges but bridge is an insane card if not answered, and playing with 4 really gives you a crazy consistency.;
    -I think the 3 rix maadi will mostly be the first ones to board out, because sometimes it forces you to discard the things you boarded in. Supplier does the same but he is the bigger gas of the deck.

  18. #658

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    A friend of mine (who have no experience with the deck) played my deck yesterday to a 3-1 finish, winning vs reanimator, slivers and maverick, and losing 2-1 to a reanimator due to not mulliganing to hate on g3. I saw some games and he really did a lot of misplays, or else his wins would be much smoother He missed some key plays with bridge, he thought cabal therapy costed mana to flashback

    Same list as above, the only difference is one new Ashiok replacing one Rix Maadi on the maindeck. Rix is good but is usually the 1st card to board out, still not sure if I want him on the deck or not. New Ashiok is crazy crazy cool btw, I believe he is the perfect fit for this deck, not still sure on how many we should play maindeck.

    Sideboard was different, as I wanted to try pack rat. Many people playing grafdiggers/tormods/leylines on my meta, so i figured silent gravestone was no more necessary.

    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Karakas
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Pack Rat
    4 Wear // Tear

  19. #659
    Member
    Qweerios's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Montreal
    Posts

    999

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    I dusted off Zombardment when I saw Rix Maadi at 1$ each and tied for first place in a 25 player 4 round weekly tournament. I ended up playing against Lands (2-1), Punishing Thieves (2-0), BW Ritual Control brew with Ashiok and Karn (2-0), and GWb Maverick (2-1). I originally wanted to play a version with 4 Bobs but figured Rix Maadi was just better in every way (which it is!). Rix Maadi is basically a loot on a stick with the potential for Ancestral Recall on a stick. Looting often translates to a 2 for 1 as it will give you a 2/2 body, put a card from your hand that retains or increases in value in your GY, AND dig one card deeper. Credits to Tamiful for the find!

    Notable plays include:

    Path to Exile on Marrit Lage
    Entomb -> Coffin Purge on Punishing Fire
    Engineered Explosives against Leovold
    Wear // Tear on a T1 Dark Ritual -> Phyrexian Arena
    Rix Maadi discarding Bloodghast and Scourge for a card
    Rix Maadi discarding Lingering Souls for 3 cards
    2 basic Swamp and a Mountain against recurring Wastelands (Lands and Maverick)

    List:

    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel-Toth
    3 Entomb
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Lingering Souls
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Marsh Flats
    3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    //SB
    1 Duress
    1 Darkblast
    1 Coffin Purge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Wear // Tear
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Liliana of the Veil


    Goblin Cratermaker was the least interesting card. It got sided out every game along with discard spells. It mostly shined against Maverick. Cratermaker is definitely better as a SB card than a mainboard one. I think that as long as we don't have an Abrupt Decay of our own we will have to concede G1 to Chalice. Seriously, all this deck needs to be insane is an Entomb-able Bombardment or a good and cheap universal exile removal spell...

    EDIT: I'm looking into Angrath's Rampage as a mainboard replacement to Cratermaker.
    -Edict is fine against TNN and Marrit Lage.
    -Edict on PW is ok against control and prison decks
    -Edict on Artifacts might be good enough against Chalice and Equipments
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

    ... ffs I was trying to be funny...

  20. #660

    Re: [Deck] Zombardment

    Quote Originally Posted by Qweerios View Post
    I dusted off Zombardment when I saw Rix Maadi at 1$ each and tied for first place in a 25 player 4 round weekly tournament. I ended up playing against Lands (2-1), Punishing Thieves (2-0), BW Ritual Control brew with Ashiok and Karn (2-0), and GWb Maverick (2-1). I originally wanted to play a version with 4 Bobs but figured Rix Maadi was just better in every way (which it is!). Rix Maadi is basically a loot on a stick with the potential for Ancestral Recall on a stick. Looting often translates to a 2 for 1 as it will give you a 2/2 body, put a card from your hand that retains or increases in value in your GY, AND dig one card deeper. Credits to Tamiful for the find!

    Notable plays include:

    Path to Exile on Marrit Lage
    Entomb -> Coffin Purge on Punishing Fire
    Engineered Explosives against Leovold
    Wear // Tear on a T1 Dark Ritual -> Phyrexian Arena
    Rix Maadi discarding Bloodghast and Scourge for a card
    Rix Maadi discarding Lingering Souls for 3 cards
    2 basic Swamp and a Mountain against recurring Wastelands (Lands and Maverick)

    List:

    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel-Toth
    3 Entomb
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Lingering Souls
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Marsh Flats
    3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    //SB
    1 Duress
    1 Darkblast
    1 Coffin Purge
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Wear // Tear
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Liliana of the Veil


    Goblin Cratermaker was the least interesting card. It got sided out every game along with discard spells. It mostly shined against Maverick. Cratermaker is definitely better as a SB card than a mainboard one. I think that as long as we don't have an Abrupt Decay of our own we will have to concede G1 to Chalice. Seriously, all this deck needs to be insane is an Entomb-able Bombardment or a good and cheap universal exile removal spell...

    EDIT: I'm looking into Angrath's Rampage as a mainboard replacement to Cratermaker.
    -Edict is fine against TNN and Marrit Lage.
    -Edict on PW is ok against control and prison decks
    -Edict on Artifacts might be good enough against Chalice and Equipments
    Nice results man!! I liked Maadi a lot, but from my last 2 tournaments I tested Ashiok and more dragons, and the deck plays beautifully! Probably Rix works really nice with more dragons on the deck, allowing to discard them easier in case you have one stuck on hand.

    Regarding cratermaker, at least for me he is an out to both chalice and eldrazi, thats probably one of the worst matchups for the deck (specially eldrazi-post). Angrath's Rampage may be good, but I dont think its better then cratermaker, because your opponent might sacrifice a vial or a mox or something else, instead of the chalice, it depends which deck they are playing. Also its a sorcery, so it might be too slow vs Marit Lage as well.

    Perhaps explosives (I know you are a big fan of) replacing cratermakers might be a better idea, as you can deal with chalice and it can be a 2 for 1 trade (most of the time is even more).

    Ashiok is an alternative way to filling the grave, while keep your opponents from tutoring key pieces in their decks and fetching lands, and most of the time you hit bloodghasts/dragon/bridges/anger, making chalice not a big of a threat anymore, as ghasts comes back with landfall, and you can cast your dragons and make zombies at the same time. Ashiok may look hard to protect because ghasts and crawlers cant block, but your cratermakers/scourges/zombies from bridge do that job pretty well.

    Im loving this last build I made, it felt the most consistent of them all. It might be weaker against grave-hate post sideboard, but playing aggressively against the hate is something I enjoy and from my testing so far, its working its crazy how you have a bridge on the grave all the time even after you kill some of your opponents creature.

    For a quick report from last monday, I went undefeated vs Pox, UR Delver and Slivers (we had 8 players only, so just 3 rounds), and all matches felt "easy". Playing 4 bridges lets you make really degenerate plays, its amazing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)