Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

3-0 ID yesterday, with Loam and Crops. Win vs MUD, Cephalid Breakfast and RUG Delver.

highlights:
    vs MUD:
    I missed explosives on g2, as he made chalice for 1 and 2, and I had 2 trophies in hand. EE is good vs this, I wish a had one on the SB.
    waste-loam was amazing here, winning both g1 and g3.
    vs Cephalid:
    got g1 with bombardment, g2 I got comboed on t2, g3 I stopped his combo with crop+bojuka, pretty amazing.
    vs RUG:
    Hogaak+anger+scourge got me a game out of nowhere. Plague engineer was good at holding a young pyromancer, but I think EE would do the same job, and perhaps even better overall with the chance to remove w6s and delvers and such.

Conclusion:
    2 engineers might become 2 explosives on the SB, seems more versatile for the meta, maybe a 1-1 split, not sure.
    waste-loam is crazy good, specially with entomb. You can entomb for loam AND wasteland, and get them back to get the engine running.

Heres the list:

Johnbardment Loam 1.0

Main:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Anger
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    3 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Gravecrawler
    1 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    1 Life from the Loam
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3 Swamp
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    1 Ancient Grudge
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Collective Brutality
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Karakas
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Plague Engineer
    3 Surgical Extraction

Hello guys,

I'm playing Zombardment for the last 5 months and having a lot of fun, and the deck is well positioned in my meta with the exception of "4c Loam" and "Dragon Stompy".
    Despite that, i changed the list to finally try the Hogaak menace and despite of not comboing once, oh my god, the deck did wonders.
    Wen't 3-1 beating "4C Control (2-0)", "UW Stoneblade(2-0)", "Manaless Dredge(2-1)", and lost only to "Dragon Stompy" and those pesky "Chalice of the Void".
    Due to the ammount of sac outlets, and one of them accelarating our graveyard like crazy, out of nowhere we can speed things up making a huge board very fast.

This is the list i played:

20 LANDS
    5 Swamp
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Phyrexian Tower

21 CREATURES
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
    1 Anger

11 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Entomb
    1 Shenanigans

8 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Wear / Tear
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Karakas
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Silent Gravestone
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Goblin Bombardment

I think next time i'll include "+2 Vampire Hexmage" main deck to have more choices mainboard against those Challice's, that are one of the main problem i am facing for a long time, losing 100% against to "4C Loam" and "Dragon Stompy".

I'm thinking of getting out "-1 Gravecrawler" and "-1 Carrion Feeder" for the "Vampire Hexmage", what do you think? It can deal with Challice and some pesky plainswalker.

Also i'm thinking of changing a bit the sideboard, probably changing "-1 Sorcerous Spyglass", "-1 Karakas", for a 2nd Bombardment, and maybe some other hoser for "Marit Lage"/"Emrakul, the Aeons Torn" or agains combo. Any Ideas?

Shenanigans main deck felt bad, but, agains't "Dragon Stompy" if he didn't put 1st turn challice (when i was on the draw), i could get it to win game 1, but didn't had the chance, not sure if i keep it or loose it!!??!!

Sent from my Power_2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonesypunk View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm playing Zombardment for the last 5 months and having a lot of fun, and the deck is well positioned in my meta with the exception of "4c Loam" and "Dragon Stompy".
    Despite that, i changed the list to finally try the Hogaak menace and despite of not comboing once, oh my god, the deck did wonders.
    Wen't 3-1 beating "4C Control (2-0)", "UW Stoneblade(2-0)", "Manaless Dredge(2-1)", and lost only to "Dragon Stompy" and those pesky "Chalice of the Void".
    Due to the ammount of sac outlets, and one of them accelarating our graveyard like crazy, out of nowhere we can speed things up making a huge board very fast.

This is the list i played:

20 LANDS
    5 Swamp
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Phyrexian Tower

21 CREATURES
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Bloodghast
    1 Anger

11 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Entomb
    1 Shenanigans

8 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Wear / Tear
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Karakas
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Silent Gravestone
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Goblin Bombardment

I think next time i'll include "+2 Vampire Hexmage" main deck to have more choices mainboard against those Challice's, that are one of the main problem i am facing for a long time, losing 100% against to "4C Loam" and "Dragon Stompy".

I'm thinking of getting out "-1 Gravecrawler" and "-1 Carrion Feeder" for the "Vampire Hexmage", what do you think? It can deal with Challice and some pesky plainswalker.

Also i'm thinking of changing a bit the sideboard, probably changing "-1 Sorcerous Spyglass", "-1 Karakas", for a 2nd Bombardment, and maybe some other hoser for "Marit Lage"/"Emrakul, the Aeons Torn" or agains combo. Any Ideas?

Shenanigans main deck felt bad, but, agains't "Dragon Stompy" if he didn't put 1st turn challice (when i was on the draw), i could get it to win game 1, but didn't had the chance, not sure if i keep it or loose it!!??!!

Sent from my Power_2 using Tapatalk
    While I haven't played this deck in almost a year, a couple of things to try/look out for. Dakmor salvage kind of let's you go down to 19 lands. Which doesn't sound like much but it does add percentage points which is something the deck always wants. If your meta is a bunch of belcher players, then you don't have to time but in 4c midrange piles/d&t the card is everything the deck needs.

Shenanigans seems fine, there are enough artifacts in legacy to justify it.

Other than that in the main deck I always played at least 6 discard spells. It is our form of interaction and incredibly relevant to stabilize. Thoughtseize is classic, collective brutality is strong in the fair games, mind swords for those who know this life is just a computer simulation.

Your sideboard looks like it needs some work though, the one of artifacts don't seem like they will end up in your hand when you want them. But tuning that up would be more specific to who is playing what in your locals. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    ...Your sideboard looks like it needs some work though, the one of artifacts don't seem like they will end up in your hand when you want them. But tuning that up would be more specific to who is playing what in your locals. Good luck.
    I realize that tutors like Diabolic Intent is tempo loss, but is it so severe that virtual copies of sideboard cards not worth it?
    Would it also not allow people to play fewer copies Altar of Dementia and Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis where i assume duplicates are not really desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I realize that tutors like Diabolic Intent is tempo loss, but is it so severe that virtual copies of sideboard cards not worth it?
    Would it also not allow people to play fewer copies Altar of Dementia and Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis where i assume duplicates are not really desirable.
    It could work, this deck is probably set up to use a card like DI the best. However, we already have a tutor in entomb that finds everything except altar.

If you're relying heavy on the dementia lock it is something to consider but the deck is such a solid plan a mid-range deck that I wouldn't look to play intent over entomb, I would just play more entombs.

Last wednesday 3 rounds report, went 2-1

UW stoneblade 2-1
    If bombardment doesnt get countered you win.. g2 and g3 my bloodghasts got surgicaled and that REALLY cripples the deck a lot, but I still got the g3 win. Missed silent gravestone in those games.

Burn 0-2
    both games, guide t1 into eidolon t2, gg.. its almost impossible to come back from this... on g1 I t1 suppler t2 hogaak, and got killed on t3, eidolon is just too strong vs us.

Show n Tell 2-1
    So much discard and bad draws from opponent got me the wins, still a hard match

Same list as before, except 1 EE replacing 1 plague engineer, and a 2nd brutality (god damn burn) replacing 1 surgical. What might be good green cards to side in vs burn? pulse of murasa? gnaw to the bone perhaps?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Have you tried a build with Smiting Helix? Even straight up Lightning Helix is good if there is a burn player in your meta. Definitely beats Brutality IMO.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

I never tried Smiting Helix, but I think brutality is better vs burn, because you drain life, remove a creature and discard a burn spell.

If im back on the white splash, probably I would find space for 2 warmths on the sideboard.

Dec 2018
    France

A little report !
    We are 52 players:

Lose 1-2 VS Red Stompy
    Win 2-0 VS Nic Fit GBr
    Win 2-1 VS UW Nemesis
    Win 2-1 VS UW Stoneblade
    Lose 0-2 VS Hogaak Depths
    Win 2-0 VS UR Delver

With this List :

MD :
    20 Lands :
    3 Swamp
    3 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats

20 créatures :
    4 Bloodghats
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier

20 autres :
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SB :

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Shenanigans
    2 Return to Nature
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    3 Silent Gravestone
    2 Thoughtseize

Enjoy !

1-3 yesterday:

m1, storm: 1-2
    g1 he fizzeled ad nauseam, g2 i had 2 crops in hand, and drrw bojuka
    g3 i crop/bojuka but was too late

m2 uw stoneblade 2-0
    bombardment is busted, wateland got rid of karakas, hogaak with haste because of anger.. cool games

m3 turbo depths
    g1 waste loam got there
    g2 and g3 he bojukas me and get rid of loam and waste, and topdecked the miaaing combo piece... g3 he needle karakas and i had no more wastelands

m4 uw delver
    g1 3 flipped delvers, bombardment got countered
    g2 i managed to race him with hasted crawlers and ghasts
    g3 was a race between a ghast and 2 pyro elementals for most of the game, he ended up drawing tnn and finishing it... got hogaak in hand and full grave but never had 2 creatures on the board

Site Contributor

May 2018

I'm gonna try out this list tonight at FNM. I'm considering taking this to Eternal Weekend again, so I'm seeing how things look. Plague Engineer will be common, but I'm trying not to get scared off by that 0_o

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Hogaak
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel'Toth

4 Faithless Looting
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize

3 Entomb

4 Bridge from Below
    4 Altar of Dementia

3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    3 Snow-covered Swamp
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

SB:

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ethersworn Cannoist
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Karakas
    3 Wear // Tear
    1 Abrade
    1 Liliana of the Veil

As you can see, I'm trying the Hogaak combo plan with some of the flex slots from the midrange version. I'm cutting Carrion Feeder to make space for those slots, as well as trimming one Entomb from many people's lists (I've always preferred three myself). We'll see.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

I think Satyr Wayfinder is the way to go with 4 Hogaak.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Dec 2018
    France

Hello !
    I went 4-0 at my last tournament.
    Same main deck but a other side better vs Dark depths :
    SB :
    4 surgical extraction
    2 return to nature
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 silent gravestone
    2 trophy
    2 diabolic edict
    1 shenanigans

Win 2-1 vs 4c shardless
    Win 2-0 vs UW rip/helm/energy field
    Win 2-0 vs BR reanimator
    Win 2-0 vs Dark depths

After a lot of games, i think that vengevine and putrid imp are useless. More cabal and 4 entomb are more efficient and versatile.
    Feeder is the primary sac outlet. If we have only one like altar, our deck (with many tricks ans synergies) can't work (bridge become useless). It's a zombie, without him, it's difficult to abuse of gravecrawler. A Feeder boosted can be a good thing to sacrifice on altar.

1 Plague ingeneer isn't a problem. We Can put lot's of 1/1 zombies with a gravecrawler ans a bridge. It's only with 2 on the board that we can be stoped. But de have bloodghast and hogaak ! ;)

Enjoy !
    Last edited by Greedy; 09-30-2019 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qweerios View Post
    I think Satyr Wayfinder is the way to go with 4 Hogaak.
    How would you build it? I know satyr works on the depths version, what would you take out on the altar version for it?

Quote Originally Posted by shonenkakumei View Post
    I'm gonna try out this list tonight at FNM. I'm considering taking this to Eternal Weekend again, so I'm seeing how things look. Plague Engineer will be common, but I'm trying not to get scared off by that 0_o

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Hogaak
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Scourge of Nel'Toth

4 Faithless Looting
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize

3 Entomb

4 Bridge from Below
    4 Altar of Dementia

3 Badlands
    3 Scrubland
    3 Snow-covered Swamp
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

SB:

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ethersworn Cannoist
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Karakas
    3 Wear // Tear
    1 Abrade
    1 Liliana of the Veil

As you can see, I'm trying the Hogaak combo plan with some of the flex slots from the midrange version. I'm cutting Carrion Feeder to make space for those slots, as well as trimming one Entomb from many people's lists (I've always preferred three myself). We'll see.
    How has this list performed? I liked the cratermakers MD.

Site Contributor

May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    How has this list performed? I liked the cratermakers MD.
    Definitely enjoyed the list. I went 2-2 at FNM last week, but the matchups were hard so the result doesn't feel terrible:

2-0 vs. MUD (Game 1 milled him out, game 2 Cratermaker MVP eating Ugin)
    0-2 vs. 12-post (leaner than MUD)
    1-2 vs. Humans (milled him game 1 at 1 life, but Faerie Macabre and Surgical bought him enough time to aggro me out games 2 and 3... Humans is much harder than D & T, in my view, since its hits hard and we're bad at blocking)
    2-0 vs. Jeskai Mentor (finally a blue deck, easy games)

This week I played Tariq's exact 75 of BUG Hogaak, which was great.

3-1 overall:

2-0 vs. Burn (the Altar combo flips this previously bad match up on its head--plus London mulligan, to make us more consistent. Hedron Crab is worth moving to blue simply because we are only allowed to run 4 Suppliers, we need more 1-mana engine cards)
    1-2 vs. GW Depths (close games... Game 1 I beat a maindeck Bog and Path, as Altar rebuilds the yard and he dies to creature beats. Game 2 he makes a 20/20. Game three I lead on Supplier, hoping to draw out Bog, which he has in hand, but I rebuild. A few turns later he crop rotates for a second bog... yikes. Still, I almost get there with hand disruption, but he topdecks the third crop rotation to make Lage).
    2-1 vs. Jund
    2-0 vs. the mirror... 73/75 cards the same. 0_o (Game 1 I lose the die roll..ouch, but he mulls low and I keep a hand with Feeder that allows me to check his Altar combo. Game 2 I board weirdly, putting in answers to Leyline but not boarding in my own. He opens on turn 0 Leyline, I've kept a strong 7 with no answer. Ouch. However, he missequences some Crawler stuff buying me time to draw a Reverent Silence. I proceed to build a yard and cast Hogaak from hand. Turns out he hand Surgical in hand too... but 'gaak is too good.)

One problem with my BWR Zombardment list from last Friday was running 4 Bridge with minimal sac outlets. But if I need to include Carrion Feeder (which has many lame qualities as a card on its own...not blocking, being a vanilla 1/1), then I felt I had to give up some of what is good about the Entomb package (flexibility with Scourge) and the extra SB space that maindeck Cratermaker's give. I think if I were dead-set on playing red, I would play Lingering Souls and 3 Entomb, with 2 maindeck Cratermakers, 3 Bombardment, 1 Hogaak, 0 Altar, 0-1 Bridge from Below (ie. the classic midrange Zombardment with good white SB cards). The meta seems still pretty good for that deck... RUG Delver being so popular.

But Hogaak and the combo kill is very powerful and fast, beating Burn and giving the option to turn-3 cheese out a lot of stuff, without attacking. AND it doesn't fold to graveyard hate in the same way as true Dredge. This new BUG list is very nice... more enablers (Crab) for consistency, and Vengevine over Entomb looks good because of 'gaak. Green also opens up Force of Vigor, Reverent Silence, and hard casting Vengevines... maybe a shot against Eldrazi aggro? As weird as casting Careful Study over Looting is (or being afraid of Choke and Red Blast), at the moment, this deck is my choice for Eternal Weekend this year.

I wanna try the crab version as well, looks solid. for now, im sticking with a green splash altar build, with anger replacing 1 altar and 1 scourge replacing 1 hogaak, 4 entombs.

sb will be some number of discard, reverent silence, trophy, shenanigans and the crop rotation package (karakas, wasteland, bojuka bog and 2 crops)

About the new set, os there any card worth considering for our builds? that Ayara chick looks cool, too bad shes not a zombie.

I lost on the finals of the top8 yesterday (5 round, 27 players tournament) with the crab list, and Im wondering: how does the crab list beats Depths?

Looks like the worst matchup by far, i couldn't do anything. They combo faster and thats it, nothing we can do.

Sb crop+package might be an option, but still, this matchup seems so so so bad.

Dec 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    I lost on the finals of the top8 yesterday (5 round, 27 players tournament) with the crab list, and Im wondering: how does the crab list beats Depths?

Looks like the worst matchup by far, i couldn't do anything. They combo faster and thats it, nothing we can do.

Sb crop+package might be an option, but still, this matchup seems so so so bad.
    After testing all possible lists, I have a preference for those with Putrid Imp instead of Crabs, and lists with Entomb and more Discards MD (I can communicate my lists if you want).

To beat Dark Depths, there are not many solutions. Either integrate Trophy for decks playing green, or add Path to Exil for decks playing blanks (Sword is not a good idea knowing that we want to kill as fast as possible).
    Surgicals or LLotVs can be added to make sure Dark Depth does not come back ...

I find that the worst matchup up is Red Stompy, which can lock us too easily ... Sometimes I get to speed Dark Depths decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    After testing all possible lists, I have a preference for those with Putrid Imp instead of Crabs, and lists with Entomb and more Discards MD (I can communicate my lists if you want).

To beat Dark Depths, there are not many solutions. Either integrate Trophy for decks playing green, or add Path to Exil for decks playing blanks (Sword is not a good idea knowing that we want to kill as fast as possible).
    Surgicals or LLotVs can be added to make sure Dark Depth does not come back ...

I find that the worst matchup up is Red Stompy, which can lock us too easily ... Sometimes I get to speed Dark Depths decks.
    I want to try putrid imps as well, specially with anger. Can you share your list please?

(Sometimes a putrid imp can save you from a marit lage , if you delve your graveyard enough with hogaak)

I was also thinking about testing satyr wayfinder, he can give you a land when you need, helps with casting hogaak, is a pitch for force of vigor and fill your graveyard. Any thoughts on him?

Thanks!

Thread Information