Thread: GP: Turin

Attractive and Successful
    Nov 2006
    Cincinnati, OH

GP: Turin

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ur12/welcome#1

Delvers everywhere, RG Tron nowhere, and Soul Sisters crushes Twin decks.

Discuss.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Re: GP: Turin

I'm not so surprised that Tron flopped. It's very powerful but every version feels clunky/streaky. Large tournaments don't bode well for decks like that.

Can anyone figure out what electrostatic bolt is doing in Splinter Twin? I am so confused about that.

Interesting rug delver, I've seen some lists like that (without singleton garruk) pop up, but overall no huge surprises here.

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

Electrostatic bolt does what flame slash does, and then some.... i guess

Yea, no surprises with the decks. If there were as many delvers has people have been saying, i wouldnt be surprised if delver goes the way of the nactyl though.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by DrHealex View Post
    Electrostatic bolt does what flame slash does, and then some.... i guess
    But... it doesn't. It only does extra damage to artifact creatures, and no affinity creatures that you can target have larger than 2 toughness anyway. It seems strictly worse than something like lightning bolt (if you want the instant) or just more flame slash. I'm seriously confused about this still.

Yea, no surprises with the decks. If there were as many delvers has people have been saying, i wouldnt be surprised if delver goes the way of the nactyl though.
    It's possible, I guess I'd be upset about that specific banning even though I'm in the minority of being pro-banning in general. Delver didn't just outright dominate anything, and I think more importantly, playing against it doesn't feel terrible. It's always annoying to see the turn 2 flip, but there are so many ways to exploit the card that I don't think it's really the problem.

There are enough cards to hate it if it becomes a thing and to significantly slow down the people who use it. Repeal, Engineered Explosives, and the like deal with it very easily, while many decks can just not care about it (splinter twin, storm combo, usually soul sisters).

Apr 2007
    São Paulo - Brazil

Eletrostatic Bolt is a instant-speed Shock that kills Spellskite. Makes PERFECT sense.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Ah yes, Spellskite. Completely forgot about that.

Thread Information