Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 1,361 to 1,373 of 1373

Thread: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

Re: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    Would that see play? sb etc

Its another form of Dispel and Spell Pierce. Its undercosted so thats always good. meh idk.
    Not over Spell Pierce or Flusterstorm.

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    I see it being a staple. Its often going to be 4 to the dome because you have countermagic to protect it from removal. Why wouldn't they play it? UR Delver is a burn deck that plays blue for a countersuite; its not really a control deck.
    Let me say first that I don't think the card is bad per se. The problem, as many other have said on here already, is that it's four to the head when you want an early beater and its a creature that can be blocked/removed when you want 4 to head to finish your opponent off.

My feeling is not that that's so terrible that you wouldn't want to play it in a vacuum... the question is: is it better than what a given deck would have to take out? It may be better than Figure of Destiny in a burn deck, but I'm not sure what else.

Aug 2011
    Italy

Ilvenwald Tracker A good card to break ground stalls, a new GSZ target maybe?

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    Ilvenwald Tracker A good card to break ground stalls, a new GSZ target maybe?
    Excellent card. Now you can end Goyf-offs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Seems unlikely. He requires a strong board position to be good. A weak board position means you have fewer things with which to fight, and if you lose a guy in the exchange it hurts you much more than it hurts your opponent since you are probably still behind. Pretty much anything will be good when you're ahead, including Mother of Runes (unblockability), Silhana Ledgewalker (equipment carrier), Terravore (fat, trampling beats), a proper removal spell (removal), and so on.

This guy does not seem particularly damaging unless you have a huge Knight and your opponent is down to one creature.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    No no no. You misunderstand the card peter rotten.

You are supposed to use this new arena elf in conduction with something big, let's say knight of reliquary. Then, you can take out something small making a knight fight something like your opponents pridemage. With the pridemage gone, now knight can swing in for the kill! Stalemate solved!

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Is anyone else thinking that Predict is going to be really good once all these Miracles see play? I just realized the other day that its also excellent with Goblin Guide. You can reveal their top card every time you attack. If its not a land, you can Predict away cards you don't want to see AND draw 2 cards for 1U.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Is anyone else thinking that Predict is going to be really good once all these Miracles see play? I just realized the other day that its also excellent with Goblin Guide. You can reveal their top card every time you attack. If its not a land, you can Predict away cards you don't want to see AND draw 2 cards for 1U.
    Or you could just Thought Scour them for less mana and Spell Snare immunity.

Dec 2011
    Seattle

The problem is only one deck plays Thought Scour (sometimes): Canadian Thresh (aka RUG Delver). If you're putting Thought Scour into another deck just to counteract miracles, then you're doing it wrong. (And Canadian Thresh doesn't play Goblin Guide, burn and sometimes U/R Ddo.)

And what's the best you can hope from it? I Brainstorm, you Thought Scour and nab a miracle, and another card I didn't want. Okay, you kept me from getting a miracle, and now you can't Thought Scour yourself after your Ponder/Brainstorm. The cosmic ballet goes on. Either way, I got the miracle out of my hand, hopefully in exchange for a relevant card. Or maybe I have another Brainstorm and I bluffed you. Are you gonna Thought Scour each of my Brainstorms?

I don't know about Thresh, but I think a burn deck would rather just run some of the miracles (*cough* Thunderous Wrath *cough*) itself.

If miracles become so powerful that every deck has to start playing hate specifically against them, then they'll be banned. See Mental Misstep. I don't think they are that format warping, but only time will tell.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

I think that Predict is much better than Thoughtscour. The point is to draw 2 cards for 1U. I don't think that Spell Snare is a good enough reason to run Thoughtscour instead. Its rather underwhelming. If I recall, Predict was good enough to see some play as a Standstill replacement.

I'd think that in counterburn like UR Delver, 1U Draw 2 would be sick. You can combo with Ponders, Goblin Guide (against opponent), and Brainstorm. If they Spell Snare this, than they aren't going to have a Snare for PoP.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

I think that Predict is much better than Thoughtscour. The point is to draw 2 cards for 1U. I don't think that Spell Snare is a good enough reason to run Thoughtscour instead. Its rather underwhelming. If I recall, Predict was good enough to see some play as a Standstill replacement.

I'd think that in counterburn like UR Delver, 1U Draw 2 would be sick. You can combo with Ponders, Goblin Guide (against opponent), and Brainstorm. If they Spell Snare this, than they aren't going to have a Snare for PoP.
    Last time Predict was any good I got killed by a Werebear. The only way I see it being worth it is if Miracles + Personal Tutor are heavily played and I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Last time Predict was any good I got killed by a Werebear. The only way I see it being worth it is if Miracles + Personal Tutor are heavily played and I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
    Predict is decent as a one or two-of in RUG. It functions similarly to Thought Scour by accelerating the deck to threshold or screwing up an opponent's topdeck, but it also provides a real source of card advantage. RUG has one or two slots that it can use for Thought Scour, Predict, Sylvan Library, Life from the Loam, or additional removal/counterspells. The card is definitely niche, but I wouldn't say it's terrible either.

Membre

Sep 2005
    France

I'd think that in counterburn like UR Delver, 1U Draw 2 would be sick. You can combo with Ponders, Goblin Guide (against opponent), and Brainstorm.
    You forgot the cornerstone of the deck : Delver itself.
    The thing is, with Delver, you have to do it during your turn, cutting you of 2 useful mana.

Still, Predict has 14-16 enablers in UR Delver. That, and the cards revealed from opponent's Delvers, it a mere guaranteed draw2 for U1. huh ?

Seems good, but if it really is, why nobody plays it in the current winning lists ?!

There is simply no rooms for it in those stock lists.

With Vexing Demon and a more burn-focused list, why not ? But drawing a Thunderous Wrath from Predict is like to shoot yourself in the foot.

Thread Information