Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1373

Thread: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

Re: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I figured if you put a permanent onto the battlefield you repeated the process indefinately until you exile a non-permanent card.
    That's how it works. If it was to be repeated only once, it could as well read "Exile the top two cards of your library. You may put any number of permanent cards exiled this way onto the battlefield".

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Nonex View Post
    That's how it works. If it was to be repeated only once, it could as well read "Exile the top two cards of your library. You may put any number of permanent cards exiled this way onto the battlefield".
    Technically, that wording would produce a different result if the first card is not a permanent.

True, in that case you can go the Contagion Engine's way: exile the top card, if it's a permanent you may put it onto the battlefield, if you do, exile the top card and if it's a permanent you may put it onto the battlefield. Something like that.

Dec 2011
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Nonex View Post
    True, in that case you can go the Contagion Engine's way: exile the top card, if it's a permanent you may put it onto the battlefield, if you do, exile the top card and if it's a permanent you may put it onto the battlefield. Something like that.
    Or just "Then do it again."

Person of interest
    Aug 2006
    Woodland, CA

They already printed that card.

Mega Shark VS. Giant Octopus!
    Jan 2009

Ok, I missed out on the spoiling of some of the most recent cards, but here's my initial impressions:
    Remand. Well, that's fairly mandatory now.
    White. The new blue?

It's funny how good (useful) discard effects are going to be. I mean, everyone is thinking of ways to put these miracles back on top, why not just discard them for some profit?
    feefox: each card in hand!!!!
    ridicolous
    only fortune

Jul 2004
    Corning, NY

Noxious Revival + Snapcaster Mage makes the discard strategy not so great depending on which miracles they are using. I don't see a lot of heavy discard working too well vs the tempo miracle decks, though probably would fair better against the controlling versions.

bruizar

gaddock teeg is gonna be some maindeck stuff for all decks that can support him if miracle cards take off.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Isn't it funny that Black is the only color without miracles? At least it get some crappy 5cc enchantments instead lol.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

I think they had a feeling that Doomsday would go nuts with a good Miracle card, given that they play tons of cantrips and Top.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Wotc designers are probably completely unaware of DDFT and only think about it as a way to cast Emrakul with shelldock or win with laboratory maniac.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Dec 2010
    Germany

or they simply do it by the flavor ;)

Avacyns return enabled the Miracles, so why should Griselbrands buddies get the good stuff

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Isn't it funny that Black is the only color without miracles? At least it get some crappy 5cc enchantments instead lol.
    I was thinking about that too but flavor-wise black doesn't seem conducive to miracles. I can see how all the other colors would have miracles but a black rotting pestilential miracle seems unlikely.

They call me a slob, but I do my job...
    Sep 2009
    Back to the city by the sea, blowin' in the wind, fighting with hordes of retired people

Quote Originally Posted by atropos View Post
    I was thinking about that too but flavor-wise black doesn't seem conducive to miracles. I can see how all the other colors would have miracles but a black rotting pestilential miracle seems awesome.
    Fixed that for you.
    Team Stimato Ezio: You're off the team!

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    -Kierkegaard

I'm really not feeling the miracle mechanic. Yeah, it's sick to draw one of these things, but it sucks if it's in your opening hand. If I'm in topdeck mode, I would most asuredly take a Wrath of God or the miracle Wrath of God. It reminds me of Street Wraith. Everyone said it'd be a 4-of in every deck, but it wasn't. Still too conditional.

Aug 2011
    Italy

I don't like the Miracle mechanic in general either. If it sees wide play it will make discard somehow worse due to the fact that topdecks becoming more important than before. You strip their hand, oops then he topdecks an overpowered card.

Plus the randomness and swinginess factor takes away the strategic aspect of the game to a degree. Yes there is always some randomness associated with the game but this doesn't click with me in a way that I can't express with concrete examples.

Third, about Brainstorm and the future of the format. I don't know if it will get banned or not and don't want to discuss it. If it doesn't get banned the two points above will be valid for me. If it gets banned than Legacy will lose a very important strategic component AND will be introduced a very game altering swingy mechanic which will completely change the face of the game. Think of a format where you don't have the skill intensive strategic Brainstorm casts, and now add to it cards where you topdeck and win games. It would be like overpowered standard.

I doubt WotC even has Legacy on their minds when they make new sets, ignoring exceptions like Mental Misstep.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    I doubt WotC even has Legacy on their minds when they make new sets, ignoring exceptions like Mental Misstep.
    Even worse, they try to force a player-base into other formats to get more money outta it if you ask me.
    Besides that, yes, Legacy is the scapegoat of design-mistakes.
    This is easily the case because in Vintage, every card that gets or will be printed, is just borderline playable from their powerlevel in comparison to the possibilities the format already offers and it can be highly ignored due to the (more or less wrong) common sense that this the OMGholycrapbrokenturn2killeverytime-format as a justification.
    Legacy is a completely different story. The format is not broken enough, nor are the number of players who enjoy the format (still) low enough to treat it the exact same way, to ignore the awful power-creep that WotC has written on their flag. So existing cards/strategies that are totally balanced in terms of powerlevel become unplayable or so much over the top that a banning must reassemble a healthy meta-game as a result.
    I don't think that they are not smart enough to have several testing-groups for each format, but honestly, what do you think which group is favoured when it comes down to decide if a card should be printed or not? Legacy? Hell no!
    I can't really blame anyone for that, since this procedure ensures that they won't run out of money fairly soon. Packs get selled, MtG is more popular than ever and some part of the player-base has to bite in the sour apple I guess.
    I would be pretty pissed if this would come down to me personally, but as long as you decide to play this format, you better start to get used to be pushed around by the games design-team.
    Sad but true.
    In response...Hypothek!

Holy cow that white miracle is a good card! I'm going to have to buy a few boxes of this product.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    baghdadbob, you're Team Scrubbad's spirit animal.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    The format is not broken enough, nor are the number of players who enjoy the format (still) low enough to treat it the exact same way, to ignore the awful power-creep that WotC has written on their flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
    Holy cow that white miracle is a good card! I'm going to have to buy a few boxes of this product.
    Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    Packs get selled, MtG is more popular than ever (...).
    Sad but true.
    See what I did there?
    Oh, the irony... .
    In response...Hypothek!

Thread Information