Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Legacy-deck of all time.

Favourite Legacy-deck of all time.

What legacy-deck is your favourite of all time? Personally i enjoyed fledgling-dragon ***** alot and RGBSA.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Re: Favourite Legacy-deck of all time.

Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils. Powerful, interesting, and rewarding. Also the opponent having no clue on what you're doing is fun.

Good mention to aluren which was the best legacy deck at the beginning of legacy, and to Life.dec because I ran it for years with great succes and this is probably the one I know the most with DDFT.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Pact Spanish Inquisition. Its nice when your opponent actually enjoys getting killed by storm combo because its like watching me run down a burning tight rope with my hands tied behind my back. IT into Slithermuse into D4 into PiF into IT into Tendrils? Yeah I'll stop what I'm doing and watch that happen. I usually get a small crowd to watch me go off too.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Rec-Sur, hell - anything with Survival, (FU Vengevine). T.T

GWB Survival with Cabal Therapies, Finks, Genesis, Frog, Witness, Shriekmaw, Natural Order etc seemed pretty awesome, but when it was good and legal in teh format, i was a n00b so I never played it.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

NO RUG with Mental Misstep. Man, I miss Mental Misstep. It was powerful but not oppressive, the matches were interactive and I got to play my sweet Natural Orders. Really awesome deck. Also, there was an actual Legacy metagame back then, which I really liked. They should unban Misstep (=
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

The E.P.I.C. Storm.

The main reason I started playing Legacy.

Empty the Warrens? Grapeshot? Tendrils of Agony?

Boy, my right hand hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Aug 2011
    Italy

Mental Misstep era Team America. Efficient counterspells, discard, land destruction, board control, big creatures...What else do you want from Magic?

I have to say Next Level Storm despite never playing it (I was a storm n00b in mystical tutor days, with next to no experience in playing storm combo.) The deck just looks exceedingly fun to play.

My favorite deck at the moment though is the Spanish Inquisition and its variants. Whenever I cast a cruel bargain I smile. Also love playing with the most random cards like odious trow and culling the weak.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Wuascht Survival (predecessor of Nic Fit) and Bant Survival with Iona.

By the way, Wuaschti made it to the final of GP Turin on Sunday. Gratz to him!
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jul 2004
    Corning, NY

Gro-a-Tog from the inception of legacy. Stifles, wastelands, growing dryads, and deeds oh my. I love swing with Dr. Teeth back then, would love to do it now.

Also killing a Belcher deck with a 20 power tog after they drop 10 ETW tokens on turn 1, freaking priceless expression.
    Last edited by edgarps22; 04-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Oct 2005
    Germany - NRW

By far: Angry Tradewinder Survival :D

Awesome to control the opponent with Spore Frog+Genesis or Tradewind Riders :D
    Team aYb
    Selling my Japanese Legacy Collection. PM me what you need ;)
    My mcm-account. Selling overseas

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Solidarity. Watching an opponent weep as I kill them with their attack step incoming is too precious. And was a ton of fun to play
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Angry Tradewind Survival. Bar none, 2 years of my life, hardest deck ever, so many punts... :P

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

When the format first turned over I had a UR control deck I was fond of... (Force, CS, 2x Blood Moons MD, Stifle, Ophidian, Morphling, Shackles, NevDisk, Burn, FoF, Capsize, ect.) It crushed Landstill and was solid against ATS but as soon as people started playing Goblins the honeymoon was over.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

I'm surprised to be the third person saying this already, but SI.

I just hope this thread doesn't make people start to expect us or something. That would be terrible.
    Hill Giant means business.

Rev614. Got to play DDFT plus S&T Emrakul in the same deck.

Planeswalker Stax - 1st turn 3sphere. 2nd turn Tezzeret into 5/5 3sphere, attack?

Loves Witchcraft. <3
    Oct 2010

So far I've loved pretty much all the legacy decks that I've played. It's not a long list, but it includes Merfolk, Zoo, Maverick and soon(ish) TES. I wish I had the money to buy back my Zoo deck without selling TES. I have just way too many fond memories of that deck, it was also the first deck that I ever played in legacy.

The first tournament I ever played had 50ish players and I had playtested legacy only for three games. Twice against my friend playing Tempo ***** and once showing me Dredge. After losing three games in row, I'm left very disappointed in my deck. I had really high hopes for a deck that plays Wild Nacatl, the legendary Tarmogoyf and just overall CRAZY cards.

Next morning I'm just about to not go and play because the dredge matchup left me so annoyed, I had no idea what happened in the match and my friend told me that there's going to be lots of Dredge in tournament. I decided to go anyways.

Round one... we get pairings, I get to play against my friend who I playtested against the day before. I honestly felt so sick that I was about to throw up or give up on my game, but I just decided to take a leap of faith and see what will happen.

I would never, ever have expected to leave the table as winner, 2-0. My friend is left shaking his head and frowning, complaining about bad draws. This was just the beginning of a epic tournament, and a journey into a new game which I had never explored. In the later rounds I got to play against Zoo (lost 1-2, I knew the player and he's one of the kindest people I know. Later on I traded my JTMS's for duals etc to get my own Zoo-kit. :)), reanimator (winning 2-0...), dredge 2-1, merfolk 2-0.

The tournament was a big local tournament in a little town. People would drive hundreds of kilometers in stuffed cars to get and play. There were so many people that I didn't know, I felt like such an outsider but everyone was kind even though I thought that the tournament would turn out to be cruel place.

Two more rounds were left in the tournament before top 8 is going to start. The two local head judges come to ask me how the deck has been (loaned the deck from main judge) and after telling him how I've done he was really cheerful and told me that I was the best local player at the moment - and pretty much the only player who had the chance to get into top8. If I got to top 8 he promised me a promo t-shirt just to put our town in there. If I won the tournament, I would get a set of tarmogoyfs which would have been a great start to my own legacy deck...

The next opponent plays.. Merfolk. I won 2-0 and I'm really excited, I'm not in the top8 100% sure, but the next match will decide! And I get paired against Belcher. Owch.

Needless to say, mindbreak traps were not found and I'm left outside as the 10th player.

Still, the tournament showed me how much fun magic could be and I've never had this fun playing mtg. I will say that Zoo is my favorite deck and will always remain as the deck closest to my heart.

Maverick comes as close second for just being so awesome. All matchups feel like you're winning or the game is winnable by either player, but Maverick always comes out on top.

/wall of text, thanks for reading.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Hulk-Flash was fun to play against other people not playing Hulk-Flash, but that's a bit like saying I enjoy beating up preschoolers.

Favorite deck I've built; Train Wreck.

Favorite decks other people have built; RG Survival Advantage, Solidarity, TurboFog.

ATS was also a fun deck. Survival enabled a lot of crazy shit. Welder Survival for that matter.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Thread Information