Thread: GW Overkill / Power-creeped Beatdown (very strong)

GW Overkill / Power-creeped Beatdown (very strong)

I've had this as one of my playtest decks for quite awhile, it wins A LOT and is hard to stop. Its cards are all highly-unfair and power-creeped, it has a ton of artifact/enchantment hate, the ability to draw extra cards and pop-out surprise fatties, and even has some hate cards against discard and burn (Wilt-Leaf and Armadillo Cloak), all while containing an overwhelming amount of beatdown and lots of synergy. Even if you sweep the creatures, it tends to have several still in hand alongside man-lands.

2 Oblivion Ring
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Keen Sense
    2 Quiet Disrepair
    4 Armadillo Cloak
    4 Rancor

4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Kor Spiritdancer
    4 Watchwolf
    4 Qasali Pridemage
    3 Wilt-Leaf Liege

4 Stirring Wildwood
    2 Nantuko Monastery
    4 Plains
    5 Forest
    4 Savannah
    4 Windswept Heath

I'm not sure what to put in the sideboard, or how to go about tweaking it, often because it has so much offense that other decks have to react to it instead of vice versa. Suggestions/Thoughts welcome.

Apr 2007
    Norway

Re: GW Overkill / Power-creeped Beatdown (very strong)

You have so many multicolor spells that Quirion Dryad really should be in that list.
    "Don't let your mind wander - it might not come back." -Braids, dementia summoner

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Mother of Runes looks good here. Otherwise your Kor Spiritdancer is going to get killed in response to the aura, making it 2 for 1.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

The obvious questions are- Why no Goyf (instead of Watchwolf)? Why Liege instead of Thrun or that Liege that makes 3/3's every turn?

I´ve played a deck that have some similarities to this one for a long time.

I would play Flickering Ward as 4 of. They are spiritdancer's best friends.

Also I would play auratog (Which is awesome with rancor and spiritdancer and combo in) and Aura gnarlid which is the third best guy in this deck for sure (Unblockable, with ward is a a powerhouse and dodges CB ).

Also I would play aura-lands as wild growth and utopia sprawl to accelerate you and more removal (lignify, and so).

Hope have helped you.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

For what it is worth there is a good deal of development here.

There is a GW list towards the end of the thread.

I would also agree that [cards]Flicking Ward[cards] is very powerful here.

This deck idea would only really work if u played a bunch of hexproof dudes. People are just going to spot removal your dudes all day long and your enchantments will go with them. Might be a great deck for casual magic but not for tournament play.

Thread Information