View Poll Results: Would you want TimeWalk 2.0 to be banned right away?

Voters
282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ban it before it breaks the format

117 41.49%
  • No, ban it after we saw how good it is

116 41.13%
  • I dont care, I would like to play in a format with TimeWalk 2.0

49 17.38%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TimeWalk 2.0 Stillbirth?

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Re: TimeWalk 2.0 Stillbirth?

Ban Brainstorm, it is better than Ancestral Recall now!

Let's face it, all three released Miracles are brooooooooooken, unless Brainstorm is banned!
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    You mean this fire? Red Elemental Blast
    In response...Hypothek!

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    I hope this finally kills off Legacy.
    I might have misred the banner from this site, but till this day I thought it was The Source - Your source for Legacy.
    So, honestly, what have you ever accomplished or given to this site besides numerous trollings in all different sort of threads and posting your Vintage-Deck?
    What is your point of posting so many things for a format you obviously give a fukc about? Spare your nonsense for other things you might care about and take a closer look at your own sig. You might find the enlightment you need to finally realize what you are doing here.
    In response...Hypothek!

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011
    Middle of Somewhere, Nowhere.

This card needs to be banned.

If not, UR Delver is now a Tier 1 deck, simply because of this and the miracle lava axe.

I'm afraid though, because this mechanic may give wizards the excuse they needed or have been looking for to ban Brainstorm.
    "The last top 8 slot went to the winner of that Death and Taxes mirror, or as I like to call it, the White Supremacy Mirror.
    "Swiggety Swagtusk, Here comes the Thragtusk!"

In response to "What's the best replacement for Force of Will?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn
    Modern

Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc View Post
    Let's face it, all three released Miracles are brooooooooooken, unless Brainstorm is banned!
    TBH The red and white ones are just good. The blue one is pretty gross though.

Personal Tutor -> Time Walk 2.0 doesn't really do anything for you vis-a-vis board position. That said, after turn 3 it's still a stupidly potent card to draw off the top.

Something to keep in mind is that many of the engines that are popular don't interact well with the 'first draw of the turn' aspect of the card.

bruizar

i wonder how this will go in hightide.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Just thinking that right now.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Here's a thread that I opened in the N&D section in case anyone likes to contribute to breaking the card good.

This card is even bonkers without Brainstorm. There is no way WotC can prevent people breaking the format with this card (maybe ban islands^^).

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

I was really hoping to win without being REQUIRED to play blue.

A broader argument: i cite their precious explanations about format diversity and using bannings when a format effectively homogenizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Cabal Therapist
    Jul 2010
    Dortmund, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I will laugh at any high tide player I see who is running that.
    This man is a truthspeaker! You deserve a beer - if you see me in Ghent, you may present yourself to me as The Speaker of Truths and I will buy you a beer of choice

Quote Originally Posted by HokusSchmokus View Post
    I will laugh at any high tide player I see who is running that.
    The funny thing is: With all the cantrips, it could make High Tide faster (I need to test it).

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ignithas_ View Post
    This card is even bonkers without Brainstorm. There is no way WotC can prevent people breaking the format with this card (maybe ban islands^^).
    With the over-saturation of non-basic blue sources, banning islands would have no effect at this point :(

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Idiots.. its a CONDITIONAL TIME WALK

Not the Time Walk. I can't believe there is a thread where have the people would have it banned before even seeing how good it is.

You do realize that this isn't the first time they have printed conditional power 9 cards right? Mox Opal, Ancestral Vision, Lotus Bloom, Restore Balance, Wheel of Fate, Shared Discovery.. the list goes on.

Plenty of cards in the format deal with this card. Green Sun's Zenith and Gaddock Teeg can both fight it in Maverick, not to mention Force of Will and Jace, the Mind Sculptor. Pithing Needle and Qasali Pridemage both deal with Sensei's Divining Top and Jace for library manipulation. On top of that, the decks that will have the easiest time abusing the card with Top and Brainstorm will do no better than Explore with it because they can't even really abuse the combat phase. What are they going to do with an extra turn? Consider that because its huge. UR Delver and such will have a hard time abusing it with just Brainstorm and Ponder. If you draw it in your opening hand, you need Jace or Brainstorm to avoid having a dead card in your hand.

Also, Predict is still a card. Its great in control and now it will be good in the mirror if this card does wind up being really dangerous. I really doubt that it will be though. You guys are just freaking out over hype. Chill. Brainstorm is not getting banned and neither will this. Also, the whole way this was worded really makes me laugh. RIGHT AWAY? So you like to avoid giving cards a chance entirely? I hope you all feel like fools after this cards hype dies down. Seriously its like everyone went home to grab their pikes and axes to march on the new guys house. He's just a child! Stillborn? I don't think I've ever been against abortion until today.

If you want to complain about something, complain about Jace, the Mindsculptor. That guy fucking broke the format. This card is just good but its not an enabler and it doesn't solve any problems. IMO, at its best its going to be an extra combat phase in UR Delver.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Resident Proctologist
    Oct 2008
    Muncie, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ignithas_ View Post
    The funny thing is: With all the cantrips, it could make High Tide faster (I need to test it).
    New Timewalk >= explore.

Explore is great in high tide except for the drawback of playing non-basic lands.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    I might have misred the banner from this site, but till this day I thought it was The Source - Your source for Legacy.
    So, honestly, what have you ever accomplished or given to this site besides numerous trollings in all different sort of threads and posting your Vintage-Deck?
    What is your point of posting so many things for a format you obviously give a fukc about? Spare your nonsense for other things you might care about and take a closer look at your own sig. You might find the enlightment you need to finally realize what you are doing here.

I’d also like to point out that it’s inherently easier to take a level headed and non biased stance when looking in from the outside and projecting on something that you once yet no longer are vested in. I.e. why you are having a spasm about this non factor card and I’m being realistic about its irrelevance.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Y'all are totes retarded.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Y'all are totes retarded.
    This.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

I'm of the opinion that they should ban Brainstorm instead of Time Walk because Brainstorm is the enabler. Look at Vengevine/Survival of the Fittest, it's exactly the same case.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

All these power 9 wannabes are just making it that much easier to play Vintage instead. Fuck your 7cc Time Walk, I'm here to take all the turns.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Thread Information