Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [RANT] WTF Legacy players!?!?!?!

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

[RANT] WTF Legacy players!?!?!?!

What the fuck is wrong with all these idiots going "ban Brainstorm, ban Green Sun Zenith, ban Miracle Walk, ban Knight of the Reliquary..." The list just goes on an on and on.

What the fuck, are you all retarded or something? Go play it out. You can't beat Maverick, go suck it up sunshine. Is Canadian/RUG Tempo too much for you? Boo hoo little fella. Go call 911 or something and get the whambulance.

Also, I blame SCG and all you horders among other things for this. If an ounce of stacked up printed cardboard didn't cost more than an ounce of gold, a lot of these whiners won't be whining about cards being too fucking good because they would have a secondary option. Also, Personal Tutor going on price? Really? Fucking Really!?!?!

First world fucking problems, I blew my budget on this Stoneblade deck and it can barely beat Maverick. Now I am fucked, the DCI needs to ban whatever makes that deck work. Seriously, what the fuck!?!??
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Re: [RANT] WTF Legacy players!?!?!?!

This belongs to the drunken thread, doesn't it?
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Apr 2007
    São Paulo - Brazil

I agree. If you blame any strategy to be busted and you're not playing it, you're the stupid here. If it's so unfair, join the team.

I know right?!?!??!

But seriously, this has been going on forever. Due to the SCG Opens, everyone likes to play 1 of the top 3 or 4 decks, and then complain about the others. No one tries to beat the top decks, they just play whatever placed first the previous week. Thats the problem with Legacy and Legacy players. Did anyone else notice that the top decks in Legacy are the same ones from the weeks following the banning of Mental Misstep? How about the fact that the only good decks in Legacy during the Mental Misstep era were NO Rug, Stoneblade, and Hive Mind?

I think that if Legacy players (namely North American ones) would try to beat the best deck(s), rather than playing the same old crap from week to week, maybe the format wouldnt be as stale and people wouldnt be whining about bannings.

End rant....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    It's a core set, this is essentially bitching about a new Tonka Truck line while owning a collection of actual monster trucks.

In all seriousness, OP is about 100% correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    On a more constructive note: Anything can be funny, even if it is about rape.
    TIME POLICE

May 2011
    Louisiana

Thanks Nameless One for making my day.

In a format where decks are extremely expensive, changing decks isn't necessarily an easy proposition. People like to talk about how legacy is "cheaper than standard once you account for the fact that your cards don't rotate," but the reality is that if you want to play the best or beat the best you have to add cards to your collection fairly frequently (unless you want to spend more than you would on many years worth of standard all at once).

We should ban all cards except creatures.

Also America!
    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    baghdadbob, you're Team Scrubbad's spirit animal.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
    We should ban all cards except creatures.

Also America!
    Except gofy or stoneforge mystic. Those two could use a good banning.

Might as well ban delver and snapcaster while we are at it.

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Ban everything until Craw Wurm is good again. And then ban Craw Wurm.

Pretty much covers all the bases, right?
    Don't Hate the Herd

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

I agree 110%. Can we go back to the old days of the Source where crying about fair cards earned you a "shut the fuck up noob" and a locked thread? So tired of this shit, and it's the same every time. First some central card in a deck has a good weekend or 2 back to back, then one person starts complaining. Now everyone would rather jump on the banned-wagon then actually take the time to think about how they could be beating said deck. Remember when it was ban Show and Tell, because Hive Mind was on a tear for 3 weeks? Bunch of scrubs complaining it was unwinnable for StoneBlade, while the good players were busy adding Spellstutters to their decks. "Oh my God, ban Green Sun Zenith!!!" Are you serious? Does Swords or Wrath not answer pretty much every creature that could possibly be Zenithed now?

If you think anything needs to be banned in the current Legacy you are a scrub of the highest caliber. Legacy is absolutely fine as is.

Of course now we don't even wait for the card to be released before we cry for a ban. Shit we don't even wait to see the rest of the set. 114 people voted to preemptively ban the new Miracle Walk. How many of these people tested the card even once, and how many just read the card and read the shit storm in the forums and decided with absolutely zero evidence the card was broken. I have yet to see a single decklist where the card is even close to broken, in fact I think I've seen one list that wasn't complete garbage so far. So now we don't even have to test the card to whine about it, we just see people complaining and instantly jump on the ship.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Isn't that how the internet works? It is pretty much the emperor's new clothes over and over again. The asshole is naked everyone and some cards are good. It is how a metagame works....fucking sheep I swear.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Totally agree with namless one.

Aditionally mods should use their powers more agressively and lock all those whinefest threads. Legacy was always known to take care of dtb and flavor of the month decks, mechanics, archetypes etc.. if ppl rather whine then trying to break those decks.. well then gtfo!

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Sometimes I'm not sure if they are making it an ongoing joke and being sarcastic, or if they are serious.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

This thread served as inspiration.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Yes. How dare people have opinions differing from your own about what would constitute the better design of a collectible card game.

The whole point is this game has gotten so competitive that we've forgotten the reason why we started playing it in the first place: to have fun.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I find it funnier that most of the really scary good deck builders have gone quiet lately.

Jul 2010
    NV

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    The whole point is this game has gotten so competitive that we've forgotten the reason why we started playing it in the first place: to have fun.
    This, this, a thousand times this. It makes me sick seeing how absurdly overpriced these little pieces of cardboard are. I'm not saying this due to personal lack of funds, as I've owned almost every deck at different points in time. I'm saying this because it makes people totally irrational, much as the OP said, break the bank on a deck you like? Can't beat anything two months later? Of course they're frustrated, I get that feeling. I believe 100% that if prices of cards where more reasonable the assinine banning discussions would fall off considerably.
    The only way that will happen though is if people remember that we all started playing magic because it was a fun thing to do with our friends and stop treating mtg like an investment and start treating it like a game like it actually is.
    I don't play much anymore outside of small locals twice a month, why? Nobody is having fun anymore, everyone (myself included) got way too serious. I regret that more than I can say. The game has been ruined for so many people due to hoarding and wannabe brokers and pros.

Nov 2010
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with all these idiots going "ban Brainstorm, ban Green Sun Zenith, ban Miracle Walk, ban Knight of the Reliquary..." The list just goes on an on and on.

What the fuck, are you all retarded or something? Go play it out. You can't beat Maverick, go suck it up sunshine. Is Canadian/RUG Tempo too much for you? Boo hoo little fella. Go call 911 or something and get the whambulance.

Also, I blame SCG and all you horders among other things for this. If an ounce of stacked up printed cardboard didn't cost more than an ounce of gold, a lot of these whiners won't be whining about cards being too fucking good because they would have a secondary option. Also, Personal Tutor going on price? Really? Fucking Really!?!?!

First world fucking problems, I blew my budget on this Stoneblade deck and it can barely beat Maverick. Now I am fucked, the DCI needs to ban whatever makes that deck work. Seriously, what the fuck!?!??
    If you can't beat them amigo join THEM or just play CRAW WURM? WTF!!!

Thread Information