Thread: UWR Plainwalker-Countertop-Scepter

Apr 2012
    New York

UWR Plainwalker-Countertop-Scepter

Recently I took Stoneblade a tournament and despite only doing mediocre, I felt incredibly comfortable and learned a ton from the experience. That being said, as this is the only deck i've played for the past month or 2, I don't want to get sick of it. So, in order to avoid this issue, I came up with this awesome list (for fun):

3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Elspeth, Knight Errant
    1 Ajani Vengeant
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Lightning Bolt
    2 Lightning Helix
    1 Isochron Scepter
    1 Counterbalance
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Counterspell
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mesa
    4 Tundra
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Ancient Den
    1 Great Furnace
    1 Mountain
    3 Island
    2 Plains

The concept:
    Put cards I love together and see what happens. In my head, this seems like the most fun list possible. I get to kill people with one of my 6 planeswalkers, or tutor an isochron scepter and throw a helix under it. I can beat combo with Counterbalance, aggro with spot removal and life gain, and control with planeswalkers. The mana is wonky and the deck is definitely trying to do too much, but I want to mess around with this for a bit.

I will accept any comments, good or bad, and would love a suggestion or two on the deck.

Re: UWR Plainwalker-Countertop-Scepter

wow, seems like a really neat deck. you seem like a really neat guy. a bet you played that stone-blade deck really well. makes me hot just thinking about it. Man, i wish i was good at legacy...i m only good at EDH.. it's such a great format. i think you should play lorthos the tide maker in your deck (above). he's under valued in legacy. i want to make a re animator deck with him as one of the targets. thats and maybe kederek leviathin. that card is so boss. at least in edh. anyway, keep it real. dont be neck and beardin if you know what i mean.

~blak\ck

Thread Information