Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SCD] Terminus

Apr 2009
    Sweden, Trelleborg

Re: [SCD] Terminus

2 Card combos used to kill all creatures! Is it gonna end legacy? Doubt it. Guess predict is gonna be a much better card if miracles actually is gonna be worth playing and if its worth the time to set them up.

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Rizso, it's true it's a 2-card combo to be anywhere playable, but in a control list naturally packing the cantrip/Tops to support Terminus, and the luck of draws into a first-drawn terminus, this card unlike other Miracle card has one thing going for it that other miracle cards don't i.e. it is a control sweeper miracle card that fits naturally with Brainstorms + Top. Every other Miracle card only works with a package of 4 Brainstorm, and to fit another 4 Top or enablers will cost the card space in those decks, but with Terminus since it fits naturally into the 4 Brainstorm + 4 Top package, it is not as hard to support or fit them in a given control deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    Noxious Revival is a decent card and you underestimate the Miracle mechanic.
    Yupp, Noxious Revival is playable to some extent but with Miracle mechanic it is arguably very playable now. With Terminus, it's not really Noxious Revival into Terminus to kill one creature, you revival that Terminus to SWEEP a board once again. If you can hallowed burial just two creatures with the miracle cost with Noxious Revival + Hallowed Burial, that's already pretty sick.

I have a feeling they're really trying to ban brainstorm with the excuse that these Miracle cards don't impact Legacy but the culprit is BS. We'll see. I personally feel all the MIracle cards actually WON'T impact Legacy as much because the specific cards really don't impact a healthy (currently aggro based format). But Terminus with 4 Tops and 4 Brainstorm is a little too consistent and fits too naturally in a control shell. I don't have issues with that because classic control decks have been underwhelmed as of lately, but even I think this power level and impact on the format is going to be shakingly scary.

Not sure if Scroll Rack needs to be picked up fast at this rate. I have a monoW Quinn-ish list being brewed up in my mind right now. 4 Top + 4 Scroll Rack + 4 Scrying Sheets and the regular Quinn package seems good. Might have a chance against combo with Chants and Abeyance/Leylines.
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

Running one in the SB with a Cunning Wish toolbox is actually really strong with Terminus in.

Just sayin'.

(Yes, Cunning Wish is no longer too slow with Terminus, and the flexibility it adds is great for the list I posted.)

EDIT: By one, I mean Noxious Revival. And it IS important that you don't have to play it in the MD to get the effect when you need it for many lists.

Noxious Revival just got about 10x better in any deck with decent card draw. I wonder if foils will hit $40 like Misstep did.

Are people still going to cry themselves to sleep about Hexproof creatures (as if sticking something to the board isn't a legitimate part of the game, my petdeck shouldn't have to play sweepers) with Terminus so easily splashable? I can't imagine playing anything other than utility creatures and bombs in miracle.format
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    You have 7 win conditions... 7. I can probably beat you to death with the token you're giving me from Beast Within before you stick a win-con.

SteelinSumOfUrTechKThxBai
    Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    Noxious Revival is a decent card and you underestimate the Miracle mechanic.
    I'm willing to take the risk of underestimating Miracle.
    Terminus might even be a decent card for some decks, but why wouldn't these decks rather play Wrath? You're assuming that you have excess Brainstorms all the time to play this for the Miracle cost? I can't tell you how often I wished for Brainstorm in any deck, even without a 6-drop that needs BS as setup.
    Making you dependable on your best card isn't really a good deckbuilding strategy, I'd rather include a bunch of cards that are decent in any given hand instead of cards, that do nothing if drawn in some sitiuations.

Also this card does NOT combo well with Jace (you set up a Wrath for the Turn after you play Jace... nicely timed).

I can say that I have not included WoG in many decks lately for a reason - it's a pretty horrible card against 60% of the decks. Against Maverick it's really good (but so is EE), against Elves/RUG-Delver it's too slow and EE is just much better, against everything else you don't need it/don't want it.
    So, tell me again, why is a new WoG-variant meta-warping?

Oh one more thing:
    Noxious Revival is a terrible, terrible card. Nothing you could say would convince me otherwise.
    Oh, what am I saying, Noxious Revival is a GREAT card, please, dear Legacy players, play more Noxious Revival. You can do awesome stuff with it, such as putting Brainstorm on top, then Brainstorm into your Brainstorm and more Noxiuos Revival, putting Brainstorm back on top.
    "Blue-Eyes White Dragon is a fatty that Jamie Wakefield seems to have overlooked. It has a tremendous power and toughness of 3000/2500, making it bigger than current threats such as Tarmogoyf or Mountain."

ad nauseam blind
    Jun 2011
    circles within circles

Trollingphoenix- its obvious you haven't tested with these miracles at all. Terminus plays perfectly with jtms and revival is sick and fights opposing miracles and reanimator. Brainstorm is arguably the best card in legacy, this deck feels like its playing with 3 sets. Think about this for a second, full sets of brainstorm, jace, top and revival plus scm mean you can find and play ANYTHING you want WHENEVER you want. You can literally brainstorm and wrath every turn often on their turn then drop jace and set up entreat or terminus. Card disadvantage of revival doesn't matter because full sets of jace, terminus and entreat completely negate any disadvantage you could create and generate massive advantage. We've all either countered or killed jace and felt like we dodged a huge bullet. Once this deck reaches 4 lands it will drop jace every turn until it sticks.
    Ya the deck will have weaknesses but it won't be creatures.
    I guess my point is the deck I am testing doesn't play 8+ terminus but it CAN. It plays 8+ of whatever is best against its opponent.

Membre

Sep 2005
    France

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix View Post
    Oh, what am I saying, Noxious Revival is a GREAT card, please, dear Legacy players, play more Noxious Revival. You can do awesome stuff with it, such as putting Brainstorm on top, then Brainstorm into your Brainstorm and more Noxiuos Revival, putting Brainstorm back on top.

Thread Information