Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: [GP] Atlanta (Legacy format)

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [GP] Atlanta (Legacy format)

Mind you, 10 cards also include incidental hate.

Sure you can win through 10 hate cards, but that's also because most people keep a hand that includes hate and nothing else, and consider it a keep. It has to be a hand with/without the hate, as well.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Don't know about epic, but it was certainly righteous.
    Extractions in ANT? he deserved it

Jun 2007
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    No. It can't. Dredge and Belcher are just not interesting, fun or interactive. Game one vs. dredge is a complete bore, there's little interaction ... the dredge player just blows you out or fizzles. It's not interesting, I've played the match 100's of times. It's not. Combat is rarely interesting, the stack is rarely interesting. The deck is just what it is ... a cheap way to compete in legacy (same with vintage). If everyone played it the parts would get banned because of the mass exodus of players.
    I think both decks are interesting and fun. Interactive on the other hand, especially game one, is an issue, that's right. Both decks are pretty streamlined, Belcher even more than Dredge. But in my opinion this isn't bad at all because these strategies are a part of Magic. They may be unfair in certain situations and not fun for the opponent, but doing unfair things is so much fun; at least for me :). Unfortunately I think the debate about fun and unfun is a moot point. I, for one, would pick Dredge any day in both formats. Not because of financial reason - I'm able to buy easily into any deck, if I want -, but because I love this deck so much :). And yes, I even played other decks in both formats.

GG. Nice Extractions, brah.
    You nicely punished his arrogance :D.
    GP Ghent 2012 - 37th out of 1,345
    Bazaar of Moxen VI 2012 - Vintage - Winner out of 337
    Maintal Legacy April 2012 - Top 8 out of 127
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy - Top 4 out of 633
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy last chance trial - Top 16 out of 146
    GP Gothenburg 2010 Side Event Legacy - Top 16 out of 132

First off. In Flames is fucking beast. Second. My basic point is that the game would die if 1/2 the field played those two decks. It just would no longer be an interesting CCG. Or likely if it got to the point where they were dominant enough strategies to merit that type of show, then bannings would occur to prevent the death of the format.

Here's Dan's Team America deck tech in case anyone missed it: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/richca...acy-deck-tech/
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    I don't think anyone really cared about dredge, but people cared a lot about reanimator and the cards that are good against reanimator are even better vs dredge. Dredge was an awful call for that tournament, I think Martell even mentioned that in his video beforehand.
    Although I didn't attend, any player playing Dredge that knows how to play it properly could power through the first day by crushing bad opponents and erratic, porous sideboarding strategies. It really isn't that hard if your sideboard is up to par, either.

The variance and poor siding/mulligans probably just knocked off the bad Dredge players early - which they deserved and was probably a large reason why they didn't make it to the top tables.

Thread Information