4 Pyroblast
    1 Anarchy
    1 Gamble
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Reforge the Soul
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Banefire
    1 Pyroclasm

I went 3-3 drop today at SCG Providence with this build. The deck mulls well. I crushed URx delver decks and my losses were due to my own play mistakes and punting like a pro kicker... Help me improve this deck. Gamble is awesome in this deck.

Also, I had zero real playtesting this deck, just a some goldfishing and some ghost playing situational scenarios.
    Last edited by rxavage; 05-22-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: Firestorm

Would Pyromancer's Ascension help? Maybe pair it up with Burning Inquiry since you're already running Past in Flames

Also, I would suggest Dangerous Wager.

And since you are running Reforge the Soul, ever consider Ignite Memories as your win-condition? I'm not sure if it would be effective it sounds legit.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Would Pyromancer's Ascension help? Maybe pair it up with Burning Inquiry since you're already running Past in Flames

Also, I would suggest Dangerous Wager.

And since you are running Reforge the Soul, ever consider Ignite Memories as your win-condition? I'm not sure if it would be effective it sounds legit.

I've actually considered ignite memories but was talked out of it. My reasoning was for the showtell decks that are gaining momentum, but they can potentially force a copy pitching progenitus to better their chances.

And I'm not sure where to fit dangerous scenario in. It seems like a good fit and but looting does serious work. I wish they'd make a functional manamorphose reprint.

I think I may add a reb to the sb, the blasts were nice and 5 wont hurt. Another wish is for red to have some more disruption.

It just seems better straight up running 3xEmpty the Warrens MD

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    It just seems better straight up running 3xEmpty the Warrens MD
    But then the deck becomes BulletStorm (with Goblins as Bullets).

As an aside, however, I definitely agree with at least one Empty as an alt wincon against cards such as Solitary Confinement.

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

In the sideboard: I count a total of 5 game winners. Just seems like overkill to me. I can understand running 2, maybe 3. What was your experience with running 0 protection, is flashback enough to get you back into the game when important things get countered? I agree that Faithless Looting is the best drawing spell, I don't really like dangerous wager or burning inquiry.

Why you run 1 gamble in the sideboard? I can't imagine you use wish to grab gamble to grab something main deck that wish couldn't grab from sideboard. I would just run 4 gamble MD.

Anyway, cool deck! Ill test it for sure!

In the U/R PiF decks I also really liked the Brainfreeze yourself play, but I don't know how red compromises for this, of course you have the effects from gamble and looting tho.

For the main deck:
    I would consider running Simian Spirit Guide over Chrome mox, both get you 1 red in the turn where you need it tho Chrome mox adds storm and can give mana multiple turns but it costs you 2 cards. I think thats worth considering.

For the sideboard:
    I would DEFINITELY run blood moon. Messes with blue decks, big time.

Im going to test the following:
    Lands: 16
    16 Mountain (not sure about the number yet)

Rituals: 20
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Pyretic Ritual
    4 Desperate Ritual
    4 Seething Song
    4 Simian Spirit Guide

Draw & Business (not sure about the number of wish/reforge/PiF): 16
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Gamble
    2 Reforge the Soul
    1 Past in Flames
    4 Faithless Looting
    1 Empty the Warrens/Grapeshot

Artifacts: 8
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal

Sideboard: 15
    4 blood moon
    4 pyroblast
    1 past in flames
    1 reforge the soul
    1 grapeshot
    1 empty the warrens
    1 banefire
    1 shattering spree
    1 pyroclasm
    Had to make some room, don't know about the list yet but Ill start testing it and tell you how it goes.

I think you have to play with Manamorphose if you want to consitently win with Tendrils of Agony post-board, it also lets you play 4 Reforge the Soul MD and a Diminishing Returns in the SB for the same effect so you can effectively maximize your Miracle triggers.

I'm really at a loss at how you're beating U.dec, if you're not playing 3xETW in the MD they don't have to counter your acceleration at all.

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    I think you have to play with Manamorphose if you want to consitently win with Tendrils of Agony post-board, it also lets you play 4 Reforge the Soul MD and a Diminishing Returns in the SB for the same effect so you can effectively maximize your Miracle triggers.

I'm really at a loss at how you're beating U.dec, if you're not playing 3xETW in the MD they don't have to counter your acceleration at all.
    you could also completely cut burning wish and LED and up the count of both your business and you win-cons, but I am not sure if that improves anything. Would have to test that

Thread Information