Day 2 (Friday):

http://manainfinito.com/articulos/le...nnecy-2012-d-2

Day 3 (Legacy Main Event):

http://manainfinito.com/articulos/le...acy-main-event

722 Players!!

You can follow us on Twitter through the tag #BoMMtg:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23BoMMtG

Stay Tuned!
    Last edited by PeAcH; 05-19-2012 at 04:47 AM.

Re: Bazaar of Moxen 2012 - Coverage @ Maná Infinito

Thanks to Marc Duran we have his Top4 GW Zenith Decklist:

http://www.manainfinito.com/noticias...2-bazaar-moxen

Enjoy!

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

Hello,

do you know please what EXACTLY Vladimir Padve played at legacy main event? He finished in TOP4. I found his decklist on many sites, but with evident mistakes in manabase and sideboard.

Thanks.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Top4 was 3 french players and Marc Durŕn.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

We gather all the information of the BoM in one site page:

http://manainfinito.com/eventos/baza...en-2012-annecy

May 2006
    Moscow, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by datanaga View Post
    Hello,

do you know please what EXACTLY Vladimir Padve played at legacy main event? He finished in TOP4. I found his decklist on many sites, but with evident mistakes in manabase and sideboard.

Thanks.
    He played my build of Delver Blade, here's the correct list:

1 Plains
    3 Island
    2 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Wasteland
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Polluted Delta

4 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Delver of Secrets
    2 Snapcaster Mage

4 Daze
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    3 Spell Snare
    2 Ponder
    3 Lingering Souls
    1 Batterskull
    3 Stifle

SB
    2 Disenchant
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Perish
    1 Darkblast
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Relic of Progenitus

I, unfortunately, didn't do as good with the deck, losing to two Miracle Balance decks. Oh well, I drew early, and in draw bracket all I saw was miracles miracles. Needs some Pithing Needle in S/B to turn off top, which is tough to beat.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

@Tinefol:

Dat list. Looks good.

@PeAch:

Any chance Gehrer's list gets published? Haven't seen anything about it so far.
    Thx
    In response...Hypothek!

Mar 2010
    Hearth of the Earth

@Tinefol:

Thanks! It looks very interesting.

BTW Is't Nihil Spellbomb better than Relic in SB? (Lingering Souls flashback, Snapcaster, Darkblast)

May 2006
    Moscow, Russia

It depends. Relic is there mostly for its first ability, being able to contol graveyard continiously, when dropped early.

Spellbomb's speed is better against Ichorid and Reanimator, but much less useful against RUG (where you'd rather want Relic). The flashbacks are mostly irrelevant, and black mana matters.

We have published some pictures of the event:

http://manainfinito.com/articulos/20...moxen-2012-bom

Enjoy!

@ Tinefol:

Could you explain your choices concerning delver blade list? Why did you drop the discard spells? Also, what is the general strategy of the deck, cause I am not sure to understand it. You generate tempo with stifle, waste, daze, but this also slow you down to cast your important spells (stoneforge, lingering souls). So, in other words, do you play it more as a control or tempo deck?

Survivalist
    Sep 2007
    Netherlands

I tried it and it plays out a bit like RUG. you try to criple your opponents early game just so you can take over the game with stronger spells then RUG has imo. you just win a bit less fast but your late game is better then rug.

May 2006
    Moscow, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    @ Tinefol:

Could you explain your choices concerning delver blade list? Why did you drop the discard spells? Also, what is the general strategy of the deck, cause I am not sure to understand it. You generate tempo with stifle, waste, daze, but this also slow you down to cast your important spells (stoneforge, lingering souls). So, in other words, do you play it more as a control or tempo deck?
    I've never run discard in the first place. This is UW deck that's able to operate on it basics/run wasteland. If you add 1cc black, you're sacrificing your manabase, you are unable to run basics anymore, you're way more vulnerable.

As to the second question, gaining tempo to assemble an equipped (SOFI preferably) guy is a way more reliable way to win, than dropping a goyf and praying that they don't topdeck into 2nd removal spell. And even if they do, you just get some spirit tokens and continue.

Johannes Gehrer contacted us via Facebook to let us know the list he used to Top 8 at the Legacy Main Event at the Bazaar of Moxen 2012. Now all the top8 lists are complete!

You can check his list here.

We mean that Johannes Gehrer decklist is missing in the Watchdamatch official BoM Coverage site and we have published it in www.manainfinito.com.

For what it's worth, I've already caught a number of cheats/questionable plays from these on-camera videos posted on Youtube.

Here's one at 26:33: A player not tapping mana for his Swords which enables a Top and a free look at his opponent's end step with Pierce backup - which he uses. Pretty blatant.

Another at 13:48 in a Vintage round where the player should have sacrificed his City of Traitors after playing - and Legend Ruling - Tolarian Academies on the board. It wound up being relevant allowing him to cast Wurmcoil Engine and enable Kuldotha Forgemaster.

How play continued due to all of this happening is beyond me - in multiple on-camera games no less. Horrible officiating and presence of in-game activity. I mean, they might be honest mistakes (which I doubt because they occur at critical moments in their respective games), but someone should have pointed that out to these people and stopped play either way.

I've also noticed a disturbing trend in how these cheats occurred. Players just take the card from their hands and reach across the table pointing at whatever their target is and it just discombobulates the opponent where they don't even see what is going on mana-wise. I've noticed this happen on a number of occassions in these videos where players freely just reach across the table and grab players' graveyards or whatever and it creates confusion. It all seems just so sudden. I mean, I'm pretty sure just about anyone would know you need to tap lands or a mana source to pull these plays out, but I think this is a good example of situational cheating and taking advantage of an opponent playing loose in a critical moment in an important game. People should still call out things like that when they happen - even if it wasn't intentional.
    Last edited by Michael Keller; 05-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    For what it's worth, I've already caught a number of cheats/questionable plays from these on-camera videos posted on Youtube.

Here's one at 26:33: A player not tapping mana for his Swords which enables a Top and a free look at his opponent's end step with Pierce backup - which he uses. Pretty blatant.

Another at 13:48 in a Vintage round where the player should have sacrificed his City of Traitors after playing - and Legend Ruling - Tolarian Academies on the board. It wound up being relevant allowing him to cast Wurmcoil Engine and enable Kuldotha Forgemaster.

How play continued due to all of this happening is beyond me - in multiple on-camera games no less. Horrible officiating and presence of in-game activity. I mean, they might be honest mistakes (which I doubt because they occur at critical moments in their respective games), but someone should have pointed that out to these people and stopped play either way.

I've also noticed a disturbing trend in how these cheats occurred. Players just take the card from their hands and reach across the table pointing at whatever their target is and it just discombobulates the opponent where they don't even see what is going on mana-wise. I've noticed this happen on a number of occassions in these videos where players freely just reach across the table and grab players' graveyards or whatever and it creates confusion. It all seems just so sudden. I mean, I'm pretty sure just about anyone would know you need to tap lands or a mana source to pull these plays out, but I think this is a good example of situational cheating and taking advantage of an opponent playing loose in a critical moment in an important game. People should still call out things like that when they happen - even if it wasn't intentional.
    I have to agree that this is kind of disturbing and I am afraid that some of it might have been intentional.

What bothers me most is the fact that Fabian Moyshewitz is a well know player who allegedly is pretty good too (I don't know him personally). I can't see myself making such play without noticing that rules violation at some point or another (for example even when you don't see it while playing the Academy you should notice the mistake when you tap the City for mana).

Two years in a row I wasn't able to attend BoM but was looking forward nonetheless. This might have changed know, because I just hate cheating and even more when nobody seems to care about it. This might be a little harsh, but these are my thoughts after I have watched the games and read Hollywoods post.

Thread Information