Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BOM 2012 Coverage

Re: BOM 2012 Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    Just watched the Vintage match between Erik Hegeman (Dredge) VS Daniel Majano (MUD). What exactly happened in G1?
    Daniel activated his Mishra's Factory and then killed it with Wasteland to remove multiple Bridges from Below, only to Erik getting x tokens and Bridges staying in his graveyard.
    Dredge guy had leyline ............. real high level championship play by the MUD player.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by aahz View Post
    Do you by any chance have the Kuldotha MUD list from the Vintage Top 8?
    It's most likely Martello Shops in which case you should just use a list from Raf Forino.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Sep 2010
    MNL

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    It's most likely Martello Shops in which case you should just use a list from Raf Forino.
    It's already up on the website and it's not, as Fabian uses Metalworkers whereas Martello doesn't.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    It's already up on the website and it's not, as Fabian uses Metalworkers whereas Martello doesn't.
    Excellent, I'm surprised at some of his targets and that Metalworker has been viable in a metagame where I would expect tons of creature removal. Fabian plays a lot of Workshops though and I imagine he put a lot of thought into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Forgive my bad English...

Aug 2011
    Italy

For some reason Round 4 of Legacy videos is currently set as private.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Reason is it was a completely uninteresting game and the comments from Guillaume Matignon were insulting towards the legacy community.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    Reason is it was a completely uninteresting game and the comments from Guillaume Matignon were insulting towards the legacy community.
    So I take it was a blazing success of the coverage team? Probably a good reason why he's banned from playing.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Cabal Therapist
    Jul 2010
    Dortmund, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    So I take it was a blazing success of the coverage team? Probably a good reason why he's banned from playing.
    To my information he isn't anymore.
    This man is a truthspeaker! You deserve a beer - if you see me in Ghent, you may present yourself to me as The Speaker of Truths and I will buy you a beer of choice

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    Reason is [...] the comments from Guillaume Matignon were insulting towards the legacy community.
    Please explain, I am new to MTG gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    hahahah did he motorboat his fellow commentator?

I can't make it through 1 match.. pretty bummed on the quality and commentary. And yes I know plenty of people have been saying this, but it doesnt change the fact that it looks like it was filmed on 8mm in a room filled with PBS orange lightbulbs.

and to add a funny dagger, Id rather watch mike flores and gerard fabiano commentate on a vintage match than continue watching. Thanks for putting on the event, and I sincerely hope you guys dont get discouraged by people complaining on the internet. Just make us all look like assholes next year.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H3llsp4wn View Post
    I am new to MTG gossip.
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...ther/05012012e

There you go.
    In response...Hypothek!

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by csy View Post
    and to add a funny dagger, Id rather watch mike flores and gerard fabiano commentate on a vintage match than continue watching.
    Daaaaaaaamn, at least you didn't say JVL. I almost died when he talked about Spiral Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    Thanks, but I want to hear more about the comments which were "insulting towards the legacy community".

Guillaume Matignon has a very strange sense of humour that partly relies on insulting some people. He is famous for being loudmouth. Even according to French criteria ;).

That's why the video was suppressed.

Aug 2011
    Italy

I thought it was the general French way to dig at someone and then call it a joke. My colleagues keep warning me that if people make sarcastic comments and then go "chill man it zeu French joke!" then they certainly meant what they said

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Is there any chance that Gehrer's list will be uploaded?

While we're at it:
    WTF did I just watched in the feature match of Round 9? That Sneak Show player literally begged for getting stomped into the ground. Fetchin' save while the opponent's tapped out? Nah, I'll spare my Force for that Stifle later on. Gees... .

PS:
    Another good one: Having a Delver in play, playing Mystical Tutor for Ancestral Recall and NOT flipping it during the upkeep WHILE having THE CARD placed FACE-UP on top of your DECK. *facepalm*
    Seems like SCG is some sort of spreading sickness that has already infested europe... .
    In response...Hypothek!

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by I am the brainwasher View Post
    While we're at it:
    WTF did I just watched in the feature match of Round 9? That Sneak Show player literally begged for getting stomped into the ground. Fetchin' save while the opponent's tapped out? Nah, I'll spare my Force for that Stifle later on. Gees... .[/SIZE]
    Yeah that cost him the game. Players might be tired when in the later rounds but I wish they'd pick experienced players for the feature matches so we can watch mtg at its highest level.

Doomsday decktech (with lejay on the left) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhW8...feature=relmfu

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

Gentlemen, I have aggregated all coverage I have found into English (no I haven't dubbed the videos).

Bazaar of Moxen 2012 Legacy Decklists, Reports, and Video Roundup
    http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=2755

Bazaar of Moxen 2012 Vintage Decklists, Reports, and Video Roundup
    http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=2740

BOOM. This was many hours of work the past couple of days, so I hope you all enjoy it. If you find more nuggets I can add to the coverage (more reports/lists on other international forums, for example) please let me know and I will immediately add them to the coverage.

If the organizers of Bazaar of Moxen would pay for my airfare (I will cover hotel and food) I would be happy to do full coverage all weekend courtesy of Eternal Central, including videos, and do it all in English. If they wish to pay for my compatriot Jordi Amat (piZZero) I'm sure we can also do mirror coverage in Spanish as well. We will devise a plan ahead of time to get a better WiFi connection to stream and post real time updates (pairings, standings, feature matches, etc.). Frenchy-Man, can you get the ball rolling with this and start making contact? Jordi and I spoke to BoM organizer very briefly last year, but we were unable to make it this year.
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Thread Information