Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BOM 2012 Coverage

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Re: BOM 2012 Coverage

It's Tristan Polzl.
    Jean-Mary Accart made top 16 with the same doomsday list (he's my padawan).
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    It's Tristan Polzl.
    Jean-Mary Accart made top 16 with the same doomsday list (he's my padawan).
    Very good, thank you. I have updated that, along with Simon Rouze and Nicolas Crepelle corrected sideboards (other coverage was wrong, but the correct info was culled from their Top 4 deck tech videos).
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Thanks for beeing that busy.
    I apprecieate that.
    Hopefully there's a chance to pick up Gehrer's list in any german/austrian forum to complete the coverage.
    In response...Hypothek!

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by JACO View Post
    Gentlemen, I have aggregated all coverage I have found into English (no I haven't dubbed the videos).

Bazaar of Moxen 2012 Legacy Decklists, Reports, and Video Roundup
    http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=2755

Bazaar of Moxen 2012 Vintage Decklists, Reports, and Video Roundup
    http://www.eternal-central.com/?p=2740

BOOM. This was many hours of work the past couple of days, so I hope you all enjoy it. If you find more nuggets I can add to the coverage (more reports/lists on other international forums, for example) please let me know and I will immediately add them to the coverage.

If the organizers of Bazaar of Moxen would pay for my airfare (I will cover hotel and food) I would be happy to do full coverage all weekend courtesy of Eternal Central, including videos, and do it all in English. If they wish to pay for my compatriot Jordi Amat (piZZero) I'm sure we can also do mirror coverage in Spanish as well. We will devise a plan ahead of time to get a better WiFi connection to stream and post real time updates (pairings, standings, feature matches, etc.). Frenchy-Man, can you get the ball rolling with this and start making contact? Jordi and I spoke to BoM organizer very briefly last year, but we were unable to make it this year.
    Appreciated!
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Holy crap, a lot of nationalism going on in this thread. Don't know where to start.

Have to agree with the majority of the crowd, not having an English coverage is god damn weak. I'm European myself and I (rather proudly, but not arrogantly) claim that I understand, if not speak, a couple of the major languages spoken on the continent. French is not one of them, as french is in no way as "major" as any Frenchman would want you to believe.

All that shit aside, there is no excuse for not reporting this event in English. Everyone (I hope) is quite aware of the fact that English is the most spread language of the world, so if you truly want to SPREAD INFORMATION of this event, then do it in English. I relish the multi-culti aspects of Europe as much as the rest of you, but shutting your eyes blind to such facts would only lead to elitism, in its most unattractive sense.

And really, not being able to provide a decklist (in any language!) of Johannes Gehrer's top 8 deck by now is quite pathetic, and I don't care what your mother tongue is!
    Last edited by Henrik; 05-26-2012 at 05:16 AM.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

It's even kind of funny since Johannes usually plays the most generic Canadian Threshold list one could ever imagine. Just Copy+Paste anything onto the website and it has pretty good odds of being what he played.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Hello everyone, I'm Lois Jacquet, TO of the event (using Hemgath account btw).
    I understand your complains, and glad to hear some things to improve for next year (even if my mail box lois_neo@msn.com would have been more accurate).

The thing is, this year we did not have any internet connexion, which made streaming and live coverage very complicated to do, this will be the very last year of BoM without a decent internet connexion.

To all people thinking that our tournament is in France, we're french, we fuck you all, it's not exactly the way I see the BoM. We are very pleased to welcome 19 nationalities at BoM this year, and we expect more for next years. This year was the first one where we tried to do coverage, so obviously it's not perfect, and only in French, and we're all aware that we need to improve on this point.

You want to come next year to do english coverage ? my mail box is open, and I'll be very happy if I have one or two guys from the UK or the US to do english coverage, I do like people who does'nt speak french even if some of you seems to say the opposite :)

So, the best way to improve this event is to send your advices / remarks to me, and next year will be better, I promise ;)

Thanks for reading.

Loïs

Thread Information