Thread: eBay Seller Cancels Purchase Weeks After Payment

Jun 2004
    New Hampshire

eBay Seller Cancels Purchase Weeks After Payment

Has this happened to any of you guys before?

You preorder some cards on eBay, don't get any contact from the seller and, weeks later, get a refund and cancelled purchase notification simultaneously. Apparently I can't leave feedback either for the item which was reneged.

This happened to me with magicfriendcollector recently, and apparently many other buyers for AVR preorders. As I read the resolution center, I don't have much recourse against the seller.

Any thoughts or additional action you would take in this situation?

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Re: eBay Seller Cancels Purchase Weeks After Payment

This is going to sound dumb, but it's actually a pretty good piece of advice. Stick with well known people for pre-orders. Especially, for planeswalkers or other mythics that could shoot up in price quickly.

Ebay is always good for the random rares, but mythics, it's best to stick with SCG or another reseller on Ebay you have dealt with a few times.

There's just too many people trying to cash in on pre-orders. All it takes is for one rare to go higher than the rest and shoot up in price to get them to reneg on the deal. It's worth it to them to do that. You just keep the ones that go really high. I tend to stick with the high volume people like kidicarus. They are cracking pallets worth so I figure they are good for it.

There's too many ways to avoid Ebay's policies and get away with something. People constantly find new loopholes all the time. There's very little you can do against those people except don't buy from them in the first place.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

*cough* Dan Bock *cough* die *cough* in *cough* a *cough* fire *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Listen to dahcmai. I bought Jaces for $20 on pre-order. Unsurprisingly, they were canceled and I had to buy them at $40. It's worth going to reputable dealers for pre-orders and other high end purchases. I went with known dealers this time and still got $6 Entreats and $7 Bonfires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

Thread Information