Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldier Stompy (Tribal Tomb-Based Aggro)

Hybrid View

Soldier Stompy (Tribal Tomb-Based Aggro)

Intro

This is a aggro deck based on the fast mana generated by Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors, alongside Chrome Mox. Like other Tomb-based aggro decks, it runs 4 Chalice of the Void and 3-4 Trinisphere as light disruption to pave way for its creatures.

Unlike other Tomb-based Stompy decks, this one has a tribal bent - particularly, the Soldier tribe. Why would you play Soldiers instead of, say, Sea Drake and Serendib Efreet (Faerie Stompy), or Gathan Raiders and Arc-Slogger (Dragon Stompy)? Because Soldiers have better creatures, for the most part, and with the printing of Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, they have a disruption element that can also attack.

With the printing of Cavern of Souls, this deck has (in my opinion) become viable in the current Legacy metagame. The synergies were always there before, but the printings of both Thalia and Cavern have given this deck a major boost. Cavern obviously has no downside whatsoever in this deck, as every nonland card is either an artifact or a Soldier.

Playing the Deck

If you are unfamiliar with this deck, you need to realize that the core of this deck outside of the Chalice/Trinisphere lock duo is one of the most efficient and deadly tribal enablers in the game: Preeminent Captain. This guy is basically a Goblin Lackey and Goblin Warchief rolled into one card. In a Tomb-based deck with Chrome Moxen, he can be cast as early as turn 1, and often on turn 2. A deck playing Chalice of the Void and Thalia can also help protect him from spot removal fairly effectively. When he has the opportunity to attack, he can single-handedly swing the game into your favor with one resolution of his trigger by bringing into play, for free, and immediately attacking, bombs such as Captain of the Watch, or card-advantage generators such as Enlistment Officer (the Soldier equivalent of Goblin Ringleader).

In situations where you don't draw Preeminent Captain or it is removed, then through the use of Ballyrush Banneret and Daru Warchief, alongside the sol-lands, you can cheat more soldiers into play at reduced cost and quickly hardcast Enlistment Officer and Captain of the Watch.

Often the best play, and one that wins easily against many of Legacy's decks, is a Turn 1 Chalice followed by a Preeminent Captain that begins to bring Soldiers into play.

Because most of the Soldiers have first strike, they have an immediate combat edge over most other creatures played in Legacy, especially if you can bring any of the 11-12 Lords into play.

My Decklist

5 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Karakas

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Winter Orb

4 Ballyrush Banneret
    4 Preeminent Captain
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Enlistment Officer
    3 Daru Warchief
    3 Captain of the Watch
    3 Porcelain Legionnaire
    2 Veteran Swordsmith
    2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
    1 Gustcloak Savior

SB:

4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Rest in Peace
    4 Intrepid Hero
    3 Damping Matrix

Decklist Notes

- There are many other interesting Soldiers to play, but after playtesting I've found that pumping with Lords is the best way to deal damage quickly. Two other Soldiers I've found worth playing, at times, are Etched Champion and Kor Hookmaster. Both have useful combat abilities, and can be substituted for the Swordsmith or the Ballyrush Banneret if you wish to do so. The problem with Champion is that it weakens Chrome Mox (less imprint targets) and it is very weak without its Metalcraft ability. The problem with Hookmaster is that its ability is very good in certain combat situations at establishing tempo, but is otherwise a mediocre creature (2/2) with primarily a stalling tactic.

- Another very interesting Soldier is Loxodon Gatekeeper, which is a tempo disruption piece. His ability is very useful, but unfortunately, he is too expensive at 2WW to land early, and thus competes with the other 4cc Soldiers such as Enlistment Officer and Daru Warchief. His ability is more useful in the early game than the late game. If he cost 2W, he would be an auto-include, but as it is, he's worth testing but is, in my opinion, not worthy of inclusion in the maindeck.

- Other lists will play Thorn of Amethyst instead of the Trinisphere, but I prefer Trinisphere over the Thorn because it disrupts most decks better. The downside to playing Trinisphere is that it negates some of the cost-cutting abilities of the Warchief and the Banneret. However, they can still make the Enlistment Officer and Captain of the Watch cheaper. Thorn is a valid option over Trinisphere, but difference between forcing a player to pay 3 mana for a Brainstorm / Swords to Plowshares / Noble Heirarch instead of just 2 mana is often the difference between winning and losing.

- Veteran Swordsmith is in the deck as a 3rd Lord over Field Marshal due to its larger body (3/2 vs 2/2) and its ability to be cast with only one white source in play. Similarly, Porcelain Legionnaire is important in this deck for its larger power (3/1) and its ability to be cast off of *one* sol-land. The importance of being able to cast things with minimal white sources in play is an important one in this deck that often will see a single Mox or a single Plains/Karakas/Cavern for multiple turns. You don't want to necessarily mulligan away a Chalice/Trinisphere hand because it doesn't contain a white source.

- The SB is tough to figure out, but I've settled on 4 graveyard hate (LotV), 4 combo/discard hate (LoS), 4 control / affinity hate (Serenity) and 3 more control hate (Armageddon). I want the best graveyard hate available, so I like Leyline, but obviously other ones are available. Serenity is not as effective as Sorcery-based artifact/enchantment hate, but it is infinitely easier to cast in this deck than something that requires multiple white sources. Often you need to cast this with only one white source in play. Regardless of whether you play Serenity or something else such as, say, Oblivion Ring, you absolutely need some answer to Ensnaring Bridge and Moat in the sideboard. Armageddon is pretty amazing if you resolve it against a control deck and you have creatures in play already.

Other decklists

Here are some other Soldier Stompy decklists:

Jon on this forum:

4 Ballyrush Banneret
    4 Field Marshal
    4 Preeminent Captain
    1 Brimaz, King of Orekos
    4 Daru Warchief
    4 Enlistment Officer
    3 Captain of the Watch
    1 Commander Esha
    1 Gustcloak Savior
    4 Suppression Field
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Ancient Tomb
    12 Plains

SB

2 Armageddon
    2 Kor Firewalker
    2 Ankh of Mishra
    3 Oblivion Ring
    3 Rest in Peace

Javier Flores, Mi Tesoro Liga Legacy Torneo 1º, 2nd of 26 players:

2 Karakas
    12 Plains
    4 Ancient Tomb

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Ballyrush Banneret
    3 Loxodon Gatekeeper
    4 Preeminent Captain
    4 Field Marshal
    4 Enlistment Officer
    4 Daru Warchief
    4 Captain of the Watch
    3 Oblivion Ring

SB:

3 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Suppression Field
    1 Oblivion Ring

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...2&iddeck=58703

Carlos Viejo, Big Legacy @ GP Madrid 2012, 9th of 234 players:

2 Karakas
    3 Flagstones of Trokair
    4 Ancient Tomb
    9 Plains

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Thorn of Amethyst

4 Ballyrush Banneret
    4 Captain of the Watch
    4 Daru Warchief
    4 Enlistment Officer
    4 Field Marshal
    4 Preeminent Captain
    4 Suppression Field

SB:

3 Armageddon
    1 Phyrexian Metamorph
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Oblivion Ring
    4 Leyline of Sanctity

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...5&iddeck=57353

These lists tend to use Suppression Field more often, which is definitely an interesting strategy, but one that I found too often ineffective against decks that fetched in response to the Field being played.

These lists also do not feature Cavern of Souls, which was printed after their tournament showings.
    Last edited by MGB; 08-05-2014 at 08:06 PM.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Re: Soldier Stompy (Tribal Tomb-Based Aggro)

Hey, I used to play this since Lorwyn block. Solid tier 2 material, but I'm not sure whether Thalia/Caverns can push it over the edge. Some quick pointers:

*Mirror Entity is the best soldier ever printed and has disgusting synergy with Preeminent Captain to boot (swinging for 10 on turn 2 or 20 on turn 3? Check.). No reason whatsoever not to run 4 of them. Seriously, the trifecta of (Preeminent) Captain/Entity/Officer are the only standalone good creatures in the deck and the reason to try and make this work.

*Disturbingly, Burrenton Bombardier is probably the best "Lord" available to the deck after Entity. It's an uncounterable combat trick in a deck full of first strikers, and it has evasion for carrying Jitte. As an added bonus, people fucking hate losing to it.

*Other than those two, the Lords available to Soldiers are just plain bad and should be avoided where possible. Captain of the Watch is especially bad in this regard as it relies way too much on Preeminent Captain to get into play at all.

*Mentor of the Meek adds another draw engine to the deck and carries Jitte about as well as anyone. 4-of.

*Consider Elspeth in place of Equipment; it's a very credible threat vs. control decks, stalls, draws cards with mentor, pitches to Mox and Shoal and is generally good times, dissynergy with caverns and Thalia nonwithstanding.

Added bonus: hilarious piece of synergy with Intrepid Hero .

*Shining Shoal is the best removal available to the deck - it's free (which is important since you typically only cast 1 spell/turn), a combat trick (which is important since your dudes suck individually) and can protect your dudes from burn in a pinch. Crib Swap is also an option since it can be drawn off Officer.

*Noble Templar is a white card for Chrome Mox or Shoal, a plains with a dualland start and a somewhat respectable body with Captain or in the lategame. Consider it as a 1-of.

*Ancient Den works well with Etched Champion. It still kind of sucks however.

*Trinisphere is bad in this deck. Even if you land it turn 1 on the play (which is statistically unlikely) the deck doesn't goldfish fast enough to consistently win before the opponent can get 3 lands and stabilize. Armageddon MD could work, but then you effectively forfeit Elspeth as the 4cc slot easily clutters. Simularily, Thalia probably isn't enough by herself without other mana deprivation strategies backing her up.

*Retribution of the Meek is an automatic include in the sideboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    Hey, I used to play this since Lorwyn block. Solid tier 2 material, but I'm not sure whether Thalia/Caverns can push it over the edge. Some quick pointers:

*Mirror Entity is the best soldier ever printed and has disgusting synergy with Preeminent Captain to boot (swinging for 10 on turn 2 or 20 on turn 3? Check.). No reason whatsoever not to run 4 of them. Seriously, the trifecta of (Preeminent) Captain/Entity/Officer are the only standalone good creatures in the deck and the reason to try and make this work.
    I playtested with Entity a while back and found that it required too high of a mana commitment. This deck is light on lands, and feeding the Entity every time you want to attack seemed counterproductive when you needed to be casting more Soldiers.

*Disturbingly, Burrenton Bombardier is probably the best "Lord" available to the deck after Entity. It's an uncounterable combat trick in a deck full of first strikers, and it has evasion for carrying Jitte. As an added bonus, people fucking hate losing to it.
    I also playtested with this guy, and he's useful in that he is a Flying Soldier in a deck with very little real evasion, and the combat trick is neat, but in the end, he isn't as useful as a Lord because he can only pump one creature, and it opens you up to too many 2-for-1s if they remove the Soldier in response to the Reinforce. Bombardier is kind of like an Enchant Creature spell in that respect.

*Other than those two, the Lords available to Soldiers are just plain bad and should be avoided where possible. Captain of the Watch is especially bad in this regard as it relies way too much on Preeminent Captain to get into play at all.
    If you run Ballyrush Banneret, and Daru Warchief, and you land a Sol land or two, you can cast it pretty easily, actually. He's the most powerful Soldier available if you can get it into play and almost immediately wins the game when he does.

*Mentor of the Meek adds another draw engine to the deck and carries Jitte about as well as anyone. 4-of.
    Again, this guy ties up too much mana. 4 Enlistment Officer is enough of a draw engine for this deck.

*Consider Elspeth in place of Equipment; it's a very credible threat vs. control decks, stalls, draws cards with mentor, pitches to Mox and Shoal and is generally good times, dissynergy with caverns and Thalia nonwithstanding.
    Elspeth is nice, but it's also kind of win-more in some respects. And its dissynergy with Thalia is pretty bad.

*Trinisphere is bad in this deck. Even if you land it turn 1 on the play (which is statistically unlikely) the deck doesn't goldfish fast enough to consistently win before the opponent can get 3 lands and stabilize. Armageddon MD could work, but then you effectively forfeit Elspeth as the 4cc slot easily clutters. Simularily, Thalia probably isn't enough by herself without other mana deprivation strategies backing her up.
    The thing about Trinisphere is that if you land it turn 1 or turn 2, it's an almost immediate game-winner against alot of decks that rely on cheap cantrips. And against storm combo decks, it's basically a game-winner until they remove it. Many decks can never really "stabilize" with a Trinisphere on the board. It's worth it for this effect alone. Forcing them to pay 3 mana for Brainstorms and Swords to Plowshares is a huge win.

Thalia is super-important to this deck because it is a lock piece that also functions as a Soldier and an attacker. It's one of the main reasons to even bother with the Soldier tribe and I would never play less than 4 regardless of other lock pieces in or out of the deck.

Could you post your list in here so I could compare the two? I don't know if you've done alot of playtesting of this deck based on your suggestions - they seem more "casual" than competitive.

Win.

Nice find. Didn't realize that card existed.

Don't know if it warrants space in the maindeck, or if it is significantly better than any of the SB cards, though.

This deck struggles most with heavy board control decks (Nic Fit, Pox, UW Blade Control, Planeswalker Stax) and this card does nothing to help that matchup.

Good thread! I also have a budget white weenie consisting of almost 16 soldiers which would generally make it a tribal deck...

These are some soldiers that i'm currently using:
    Elite Vanguard
    Kor Skyfisher (man this guy works hard!)
    Daru Warchief
    Whipcorder
    Elite Javelineers
    2cc instant card which creates 2 soldier tokens..

I'm planning to add basilisk collars just to make them more aggressive..

hope this helps... :P

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Nice find. Didn't realize that card existed.

Don't know if it warrants space in the maindeck, or if it is significantly better than any of the SB cards, though.

This deck struggles most with heavy board control decks (Nic Fit, Pox, UW Blade Control, Planeswalker Stax) and this card does nothing to help that matchup.
    It's a fine answer to thresh decks, shuts off Mongoose, Goyf, clique, Delver. If you are running the tappers (Gideon's Lawkeeper or Harrier) it's even better.

Defiant Hero is another favorite in my bad soldiers builds.

Edit: found an old list from Cockatrice

4 Porcelain Legionnaire
    4 Preeminent Captain
    4 Daru Warchief
    4 Enlistment Officer
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Jötun Grunt
    3 Kor Skyfisher
    4 Elite Vanguard
    4 Goldmeadow Harrier
    4 Path to Exile
    6 Plains
    4 Marsh Flats
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Chrome Mox
    2 Crackdown

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Jesus Christ are you actually trying to justify the idea of card advantage / disadvantage in a Chalice deck? Every time I get to slam a Field one T1 watch my opponent stumble as they die. There is no way I would consider cutting the card.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Jesus Christ are you actually trying to justify the idea of card advantage / disadvantage in a Chalice deck? Every time I get to slam a Field one T1 watch my opponent stumble as they die. There is no way I would consider cutting the card.
    There is no doubt that if you get the hand of Chrome Mox, land, Suppresion Field, and you are on the play, and your opponent has one or less normal lands in hand and the rest are fetchlands and he does not topdeck normal lands for several turns...

I was going to say that if all those conditions are met that Suppression Field is an auto-win card. Of course it is. But do you see all of those conditions that have to be met? How often do you get that in a game? Are you going to mulligan to Mox+Field+Land on the play every time? And even when you do, will your opponent only have fetchlands in hand?

You have to look at the effectiveness of cards in the totality of all the circumstances. It's not enough to look at one corner case and say "wow, it really blows X out of the water when I get this combo". If that were the case, we'd be playing stuff like Lorescale Coatl in our Delver decks because of those <10% of situations when you play Coatl then Brainstorm and Ponder right after that, instead of those 70%+ situations where you just topdeck Coatl without your cantrips in hand.

I look at Suppression Field like the Lorescale Coatl of this deck. Sure, it's SICK as hell in those <10% or even <20% of situations that I described. It will give you an easy auto-win and you're on to game 2. But how often does that happen vs. the number of situations where: a.) you are on the draw and opponent has one fetchland he already played and cracks in response to your field and goes on to play a normal land or two b.) you topdeck Field after turn 3-4 and your opponent has enough mana to just pay 2 more for that Stoneforge activation easily or c.) other such situations in which Field comes down later or your opponent simply does not have fetchlands / activated abilities to play after you resolve the Field or just flat-out has enough mana to pay for them easily

Also, it's funny that you mention card advantage in terms of Chalice of the Void - as if Chalice of the Void decks have to just accept the fact that they are going to go negative on card advantage. I don't think this is the case at all. Chalice of the Void creates *massive* virtual card advantage by stopping a whole portion of the opponent's deck. Generating card advantage and just being mindful of card advantage in general is certainly not out of line for a Chalice deck at all.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

We will never agree and thats fine. I have atributed more wins with my deck to Field then Chalice.
    Soldier Stompy

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

Commander Eesha, Gustcloak Savior....
    Soldier Stompy

Questions to all those who play this in person and not primarily online... What do you do with these situations and how often have they come up for you:

- Opponent doesn't notice Chalice @ 1 on the board and plays his Ponder/Brainstorm/etc. Do you say "Ponder/Brainstorm/etc Resolves. Trigger - Chalice"? And at that point there is no turning back for your opponent and he has lost the spell? Or do you generally give him the opportunity to "take it back"? What is the best way to handle this situation so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he loses his 1cc spell due to his own sloppiness?

- Opponent doesn't notice Cavern of Souls on the board and he plays Force of Will targeting your Soldier cast with Cavern mana. Do you say "Force of Will resolves"? If you want him to waste the Force of Will, you can let him resolve Force targeting your Soldier, but it just won't counter the Soldier. At that point, if you allow Force to resolve, he is locked into losing his Force and his pitched card for good, right? There are no ways for him to backtrack... or how do you ensure he can't backtrack? What is the best way to handle this so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he loses his Force of Will and his blue card?

- Opponent doesn't notice Suppression Field in play and begins to crack a fetchland. Do you let him search his library and then call a judge? Do you immediately inform him of the Suppression Field in play and the fact that he has to pay two mana to complete his action? What if he begins to put a Batterskull in play and doesn't have the extra mana to pay Field? Do you just agree to put the Batterskull back in his hand as if he never activated it? Once he starts fetching with his fetchland, has the game state progressed too far, and then he is liable to get a GRV? What is the best way to handle this so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he maybe gets a GRV from the judge?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Questions to all those who play this in person and not primarily online... What do you do with these situations and how often have they come up for you:

- Opponent doesn't notice Chalice @ 1 on the board and plays his Ponder/Brainstorm/etc. Do you say "Ponder/Brainstorm/etc Resolves. Trigger - Chalice"? And at that point there is no turning back for your opponent and he has lost the spell? Or do you generally give him the opportunity to "take it back"? What is the best way to handle this situation so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he loses his 1cc spell due to his own sloppiness?

- Opponent doesn't notice Cavern of Souls on the board and he plays Force of Will targeting your Soldier cast with Cavern mana. Do you say "Force of Will resolves"? If you want him to waste the Force of Will, you can let him resolve Force targeting your Soldier, but it just won't counter the Soldier. At that point, if you allow Force to resolve, he is locked into losing his Force and his pitched card for good, right? There are no ways for him to backtrack... or how do you ensure he can't backtrack? What is the best way to handle this so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he loses his Force of Will and his blue card?

- Opponent doesn't notice Suppression Field in play and begins to crack a fetchland. Do you let him search his library and then call a judge? Do you immediately inform him of the Suppression Field in play and the fact that he has to pay two mana to complete his action? What if he begins to put a Batterskull in play and doesn't have the extra mana to pay Field? Do you just agree to put the Batterskull back in his hand as if he never activated it? Once he starts fetching with his fetchland, has the game state progressed too far, and then he is liable to get a GRV? What is the best way to handle this so that you are in the clear rules-wise and he maybe gets a GRV from the judge?
    1) Your opponents are absolutely permitted to cast spells into your Chalice in hopes that you do not remember the trigger. It is your permanent, so it is entirely your responsibility to remember that it counters their spells. Also, I would not advise telling your opponent that their spells resolve before pointing out the Chalice trigger - a judge might take that the wrong way, since when the Chalice trigger properly triggers when they cast that spell, it never does resolve.

2) Force of Will will resolve, and it will fail to counter your uncounterable spell. That could actually be a desired effect if your opponent decides that they want to empty their hand of some cards for whatever reason, such as wanting less cards in hand for Ensnaring Bridge.

3) That's a GRV, and you would be right to call a judge on your opponent if they activated an ability without paying the additional cost at any serious tournament. That's not a trigger that you are forced to remember, so both you and your opponent need to remember that stuff costs more to use.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    1) Your opponents are absolutely permitted to cast spells into your Chalice in hopes that you do not remember the trigger. It is your permanent, so it is entirely your responsibility to remember that it counters their spells. Also, I would not advise telling your opponent that their spells resolve before pointing out the Chalice trigger - a judge might take that the wrong way, since when the Chalice trigger properly triggers when they cast that spell, it never does resolve.

2) Force of Will will resolve, and it will fail to counter your uncounterable spell. That could actually be a desired effect if your opponent decides that they want to empty their hand of some cards for whatever reason, such as wanting less cards in hand for Ensnaring Bridge.

3) That's a GRV, and you would be right to call a judge on your opponent if they activated an ability without paying the additional cost at any serious tournament. That's not a trigger that you are forced to remember, so both you and your opponent need to remember that stuff costs more to use.
    Thanks for the input.

In the Chalice situation, if I am faced with an opponent that simply forgot about my Chalice, and I want him to waste a card, the most effective way to take advantage of this situation is to simply say "Ponder/Brainstorm on the stack ... Chalice triggers.... Chalice trigger on the stack... resolves?"

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the input.

In the Chalice situation, if I am faced with an opponent that simply forgot about my Chalice, and I want him to waste a card, the most effective way to take advantage of this situation is to simply say "Ponder/Brainstorm on the stack ... Chalice triggers.... Chalice trigger on the stack... resolves?"
    Yeah, you just need to point out your Chalice triggers (and resolves, though it only very rarely will not) to counter their spell.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

To further clarify this, the Ponder/Brainstorm will never "resolve" - that's the wrong word. Chalice triggers in response to them casting the spell, the Chalice trigger resolves and the spell is countered.
    If your opponent tries to take back their action then call a judge and explain that they cast their spell and it was countered. That's how the game works; playing Magic properly doesn't make you rude.

All you should have to do is say "Chalice" or "Chalice Trigger" or something.

As Undomian was mentioning, you can miss your Chalice trigger. So your opponent is perfectly welcome to cast their Brainstorms with confidence, then if you let it happen you've just missed your beneficial trigger and the spell will resolve as if you didn't have Chalice in play.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

Make sure you call them on ALL GRVs so its properly recorded. They make multiple mistakes over the course of the day it will eventually turn into GLs.
    Soldier Stompy

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

Here is my current list, missing a fee cards to be single language.
    Soldier Stompy

Mmm, T-Chinese (also, if you need Darus I think I have a couple extra).

How have Longbows been doing?

I waver between Field Marshals and Veteran Swordsmiths too. So much stuff has First Strike anyways.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013

I most certainly do, shoot me a PM and we will talk.

Longbow is ok, I am testing for delver match ups after a T1 Delver. Overall I am happy, I may go back to the full set of ballyrush or try Skyfisher. I am playing this in the Open Trial for SCGATL this weekend. If I 4-0 I will jam it, if not I will probably be a ape and jund it up.

I still prefer field marshall most of the time. I just like the way swordsmith looks.
    Soldier Stompy

Thread Information