Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I have recently began to play this deck this last week. I have been playing a ton of mono white as of late, so I figured I would try soldier stompy.
This is the list I decided on for my meta:

4 Ballyrush Banneret
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Field Marshal
4 Preeminent Captain
1 Brimaz, King of Orekos
4 Daru Warchief
4 Enlistment Officer
4 Captain of the Watch
1 Lavinia of the Tenth
4 Suppression Field
4 Chalice of the Void
3 Chrome Mox
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Ancient Tomb
12 Plains

SB

1 Worship
3 Kor Firewalker
3 Holy Light
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Rest in Peace

Here is the matches I had this week

RD1- Joel - Cheerios
RD2- Wu - Dack Fayden Burn
RD3 - Mike - Death and Taxes
RD4 - Sean - Moon Stompy

RD1 G1 I lead Chalice on 1 and my opponent conceded. G2 He had the play and killed me. G3 He didnt know Glimpse was a must and he decked himself.
RD2 G1 I lead with Thalia Turn 1, He concedes after I dump my hand. G2 I play 2 Kor Firewalkers and start the beats, he TD's a Anarchy but I held a ringleader and rebuilt my army quickly
RD3 G1 I lead with Chalice on 1, Then quickly present a [card] Preeminent Captain [/card] clock and he never had good attacks. G2 I just have a very strong Suppression field start and he cant win.
RD4 G1 / G2 Against the deck that relies on a quick Bloodmoon to carry it to a win, my pile of plains was good. I also played worship.

The deck is very strong and I plan on playing it until I get tired of it.
Nice report, Jon. It's always cool to see people doing well with this underrated deck.

Have you tried playing City of Traitors to give you more explosive starts?

I personally dislike Suppression Field because it is so easy to play around (fetch in response, just flat-out pay 2 for Jace/Lili/Stoneforge activations), so I play 4 Winter Orb in that slot.

Winter Orb is really awesome vs. control decks like Miracles, and is generally decent in nearly every matchup except those decks that either don't need lands (Storm/Dredge) or play AEther Vial (Death n Taxes, Goblins). And with Thalia, it really slows opponents down, even more so than Suppression Field in my opinion. Additionally, if you play Loxodon Gatekeeper it's almost a mini-lock.