Thread: New Deck Boxs...EvilNerdINC

New Deck Boxs...EvilNerdINC

I just wanted to make a quick post about a new product I am just beginning to launch. I have several stores that will be carrying the product over the next week in Illinois. These deck boxs were designed for the serious magic player in mind. Please take a moment to review the photos and I would love to hear your comments on either this thread or on my facebook page found here: http://www.facebook.com/EvilNerdINC

(We are not currently doing internet sales, this product will be available for purchase in select store locations only.)

The following photos are of the first completed production level deck box. Our 60/15 classic deckbox is constructed to securely fit 75 cards with an included deck divder either sleeved or double sleeved (i.e. using perfect fits).

Evil Nerd INC. - Dedicated to making gaming better.

Monkey Blast
    Aug 2011
    Champaign, IL

Re: New Deck Boxs...EvilNerdINC

Man those look great. Would you be willing to do like custom ones like ones with different logos or symbols? What kinda wood is used?

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

A deckbox that is able to hold my cards and my counters/life total tracking paper would be keen.

These look nice too
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

A few suggestions:

1) Create a deck box that can hold a full 75 (plus divider) card deck in double sleeves.
    2) Create an area on the top or bottom to hold dice and such.
    Don't Hate the Herd

@UnsungHero - Thanks for the comment, In the future once the online buying component is online we will be offering customization options for putting your own logo / name / team name etc on them. The wood is a multi layer composite, In the future we may be offering in different colors and material types as well but that will depend upon demand and if we can make it cost effective for the buyer.

@Tammit67 - Thanks I am glad to hear that you like the look of it, also I am already working on a prototype to hold counters/dice/paper. I have had several requests for these additions and I know from tournament play how tedious the routine is of pulling everything out or wrapping it all up in your playmat. Excellent suggestion though!

@Solaran_X - Thanks for the comment, the current deck box does currently hold a full 75 double sleeved with a divider. Noted above there will be another deck box down the line that will have additional storage compartment for dice/tokens/life tracker etc but again this seems to be a popular request so that will be taken into consideration ASAP.

Thanks again for responding guys, I am always open to more feedback on the product or ideas that you want to see come to life!

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

If the box will hold 75 double sleeved cards, will it hold a singly-sleeved EDH deck? If not, it's probably pretty nearly large enough, and you'd open up a large market by making them EDH-friendly.
    InfoNinjas

@ AngryTroll - Good question, If you do not use the deck divider the deck box does comfortably fit 100 single sleeved cards. It can easily pull double duty for an EDH Deck. The next project coming to production level within a month or so is our 100 +1 Deck box which will comfortably fit 100 cards double sleeved and has a seperate section that features space for a single top loader, thus for EDH generals or for other games that have singular cards that often get held in a top loader. So the simple answer is yes these deck box's are designed to hold that many cards as well.

The new 100 +1 box could be used either for EDH or for additional storage on a standard deck size with additional storage room. But this is still in prototype stage. I will update as soon as possible.

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

So when can we expect these to be offered online?

Cause I'd sure as hell rock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

@ Chickenbok - I am aming to have online sales up in two weeks, however this is all happening in the midst of a move from IL to Atlanta so there may be a delay. I will make a post when online sales are available and hopefully will work with the moderators on the source to set up a special price for forum members. Thanks for the question!

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

These look very nice and I would definitely order one online. One suggestion - you could, for an additional fee, put some abacus style counter thingies on the box like this one does (http://www.etsy.com/listing/10052525...w_type=gallery). I know I would be interested in that minor addition but maybe it wouldn't have to become a standard feature. Also what kind of price points are you looking to sell at?

@ danyul - Thanks for the comment, I have been getting lots of interest for online sales. So I will try to get the online component up and running ASAP. I will post on this thread when the website is up and running. Also about the Abacus, back when I made the original prototype for the deck box that I made, I looked around and saw many custom deck boxs, including abacus style counters, I like that feature but it is likely that when I do an abacus style counter it will not be permanently installed into the box, it will be a separate counter that has storage space within the box. Oh also the price point currently is $20 for the 60/15 classic box. On my online site it may be a little cheaper, like $18 but that is still tentative.

I will be looking into several different types of life counting mechanisms and carrying them. Personally abacus goes way back to duelist days so that is my favorite for casual play but for any tournament play I have to use pen and paper. I want to know what do you guys all want to see? Dice, Abacus, or pen / paper? Something else I am not thinking of?

λόγος + τέλος
    Feb 2011
    New York

I'd be most excited to see space for dice and perhaps a small pencil (like a golf pencil) over an abacus -- mainly because, well -- whose keeping life totals on an abacus at a tourny.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    If you have 3 mana and 2 draws and can't win through bullshit permanents, you are mentally deficient and probably want to examine a game with less thought. I recommend Lawn Darts.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

In tournament play I actually use my Duelist abacus to keep track of my mana when comboing off. Of course I'll also use it for casual play and just showing off. We all use pen and paper for life totals, don't we? :)

I think your price point is perfectly fair and I would be more than happy to pay 20 bucks for something similar to what you have pictured. Adding pen/paper/dice space is cool too as long as the general deckbox silhouette isn't broken by some, I dunno, weird external prong thingy meant to hold a pen or whatever. I'm sure you will be able to find an elegant solution.

I look forward to seeing how this project develops.

Well several people have been asking for when the deck boxs are available for purchase, they are right now. My website just went live. I have set the price to $18 + tax and shipping. There are limited quantities as the product launched in select stores as well and we don't yet have a large inventory. Thanks and I hope to be shipping some of these out soon! If your interested in buying some, check out the 'our products' section and click on the deck box shown, the purchase option will show up.

http://www.evilnerdinc.com

Last edited by EvilNerdINC; 06-11-2012 at 12:45 AM.

It has been a busy couple of weeks, I am preparing for the move to Atlanta. I wanted to give a thanks to everyone who commented on and given feedback on the deck box. So as a thanks to thesource community I have dropped the price for the next week (until the June 25th) on the 60/15 Classic Deck box. There are limited supplies left but thanks again for your feedback! Within a couple weeks I should have the new prototype deck box up and running for further comment and feedback. I have been busy working on my card alters too, I will post up something in the alter thread as well to show you guys what else I have been accomplishing.

(Also for simplicity sake I have dropped tax, moved shipping to a fixed $6 flat rate and even posted my alters for sale as well)
    Last edited by EvilNerdINC; 06-22-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    To see the alters I am doing check out my Facebook. I am currently looking for commissions!

Thread Information