Thread: Players or shops in the Bay Area?

Players or shops in the Bay Area?

I'll be around the week of 4th of july, waiting on a wedding an will be bored. I haven't been out for a few years last time out I remember checking out Games of Berkeley and Eudomia (sic?). I'm in SF proper (howard street), probably free thursday night and friday all day.

Any sourcers familiar with the scene, any legacy or vintage happening out there in the land of Tupac and granola?

Re: Players or shops in the Bay Area?

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I'll be around the week of 4th of july, waiting on a wedding an will be bored. I haven't been out for a few years last time out I remember checking out Games of Berkeley and Eudomia (sic?). I'm in SF proper (howard street), probably free thursday night and friday all day.

Any sourcers familiar with the scene, any legacy or vintage happening out there in the land of Tupac and granola?
    Yeah. We have an SF legacy group but there are other players in the area who aren't affiliated. I'll have our organizer respond.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Island, go!
    Jun 2009
    Golden Gate Bridge, USA

Here is our group page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/141451792556930/

If you are free on July 4th, maybe we can meet up. I can show you around the city and play some game together.

Fair enough thanks for the hospitality, unfortunately I won't be free until Thursday night (the 5th of July). I dug around on the two stores mentioned above and it looked like non-interesting formats like block constructed and/or draft.

Are there any stores left in SF proper?

http://www.gamesofberkeley.com/

http://www.eudogames.com/

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Are you going to be in SF specifically? There are a few of us out towards Sacramento that like Vintage action (and will play Legacy if coerced). I don't know what my (and others') schedules look like around then though. That Saturday could be a good time for another Vintage event in Vacaville (hopefully B.C. is paying attention and can get on that ). I also hear through the grapevine that Menendian may have moved out to the Bay Area by then.

Quote Originally Posted by aahz View Post
    Are you going to be in SF specifically? There are a few of us out towards Sacramento that like Vintage action (and will play Legacy if coerced). I don't know what my (and others') schedules look like around then though. That Saturday could be a good time for another Vintage event in Vacaville (hopefully B.C. is paying attention and can get on that ). I also hear through the grapevine that Menendian may have moved out to the Bay Area by then.
    Yeah down on Howard street. After Saturday afternoon I'm checking out and heading to a wedding out in the wine country. I guess taking my $$$$$$$ vintage deck on a trip entails some additional risk but I'd do it if there was some sweet Vintage action on Thursday night in San Francisco or Berkeley.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2011
    Middle of Somewhere, Nowhere.

There's one store in sf that does tournaments, but it's mostly draft/standard and that type of thing.

Cards and Comics Central, on Geary and 18th/19th Avenue. FNM starts at 6 on Friday, drafts at 3 on Saturday.

There are a couple of decent legacy players there, but Eudo/CFB do most of the big legacy tourneys.
    "The last top 8 slot went to the winner of that Death and Taxes mirror, or as I like to call it, the White Supremacy Mirror.
    "Swiggety Swagtusk, Here comes the Thragtusk!"

In response to "What's the best replacement for Force of Will?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn
    Modern

Nov 2010
    Nor Cal

Superstars, which is CFB's brick and mortar shop, has legacy on Thursday nights.

They are down here in the South Bay, however.

http://www.superstarsgamecenter.com/

Thread Information