Thread: Show and Tell and Clone

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Show and Tell and Clone

So my opponent casts Show and Tell and it resolves.

My opponent drops a Griselbrand while I drop a Phyrexian Metamorph:

a. I know you can drop Pithing Needle/Phyrexian Revoker naming Griselbrand if both are cheated at the same time via Show and Tell. Can you clone Griselbrand if the same thing happened with Metamorph?

b. If the above scenario is possible, would it Legendary kill Griselbrand before passing priorities? (So your opponent cannot activate Griselbrand)

Thanks in advance!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Nov 2011
    San Francisco

Re: Show and Tell and Clone

Both are entering simultaneously. There is no creature in play for the metamorph to choose as it enters, so you would not be able to name whatever your opponent is Showing into play.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Also, Burn, eat a dick sandwich. I got this for my Thopters board, just so I had an answer worth more than their deck, even if it was pimped out a bit.
    Gegengewicht, Weissagekreisel - Du bist dran.

Re: Show and Tell and Clone

You've realized that Clone (et al) are the same as Phyrexian Revoker, having as-ETB abilities.

This means that you choose a creature before the Clone enters the battlefield - at which point the creature your opponent chose (Griselbrand) is not on the battlefield either, quite obviously. And Clone effects require you to choose something on the battlefield.

The reason you can name Griselbrand with Revoker before they can activate it is the same reason you can't Clone it.
    Last edited by cdr; 06-08-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: sp
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information