Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Experiences with Saf-T-Gard Sleeves? [Bonus: Rant!]

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Re: Experiences with Saf-T-Gard Sleeves? [Bonus: Rant!]

Yeah the Dragon Shields, for guys who double sleeve, would be second pick. They were nice for awhile but they tend to stick together and pick up oils and random dirty faster than any other sleeve I've owned. And they are kinda pricey. Go MayDay. Feel joy in your loins.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

That's why i dislike the Dragon Shields. I just started double sleeving my cards and I won't go back to playing single sleeved again. Anyone that doesn't double sleeve is a fool, especially when you consider the cost of legacy.

When you double sleeve, you put the cards inside the Perfect Fit upside down so that when it goes into the second sleeve the PF opening is at the bottom of the outer sleeve or do you have the PF sleeve's opening point in the same direction as the outer sleeve's? This is the Perfect Fit sleeve that's used: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p331259.html and not this: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p331260.html, right?

I've never double sleeved before, but I'm thinking I might as well try it out. Shit is just too expensive to risk getting damaged.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

People usually put their naked cards into the KMC perfect fits with the opening on the bottom. And yeah you wanna use the KMC sleeves in the red packaging. The green one is for YuGiOh sized cards.

You can double sleeve with Dragon Shields but there is a particular method to doing so, explained earlier in this thread, where you start to insert it up to a point, then flip the whole thing over and press the card down, on a hard and flat surface, to finish the job.

You can also double sleeve with MayDayGames sleeves by just tossing the one into the other. No tricks needed.

Got it, thanks. I'll just order some of the May DayGames sleeves then, I don't want to have to dick around with them to get 'em to work easily.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    750 per box, packaged in 50 count pack

16 bucks for 50 sleeves. SUPER expensive.

/thread
    Price: $15.99
    Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds

Unless 50 sleeves weigh 3 pounds, I think you get the whole box of 750. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Thread Information