Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M13] Ajani, Caller of the pride

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

Re: [M13] Ajani, Caller of the pride

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    Both the new Liliana and this guy are complete shit, and are obviously geared toward Standard players. Such shitty shitty walkers though. Come on Wizards, step it up.
    Whoa there. Let's at least recognize the huge difference between complete shit and not Legacy playable. The bar for being Legacy playable is set very high especially for Planeswalkers. In Standard these guys are very playable though.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

I don't know why anyone is even bothering comparing this to Elspeth1.
    What? You're hoping for a better Elspeth for 1 less? Get real.

The thread started to head in the right direction when someone mentioned kitchen finks.
    What is out there that could benefit from this?
    The problem is the danger of cool things versus a card that could potentially be built around.

When you're building a deck around a 4 of with no functionally identical or similar card to run in tandem to increase consistency, you're gunna have a bad time.

With that said, we look to see if this would be better for a slot in an existing deck.
    Since it doesn't seem to fit well with existing archetypes, it's east to poo poo.

When you say, "such and such a deck loves this card!", consider what would come out?
    This should be understood instead of constantly iterated when people get excited about new cards.

Hell, I could could see this run alongside Elspeth in some white weenie with acceleration.
    Attacking with a canonist for 12 without equipment sounds like it's good for some lols.

What's frustrating is that you need a creature to do anything. It's tempting to make some prison deck with peacekeeper and crew to stall. But them what, echoing truth, ratchet bomb, terminus, Elesh, etc on the tokens? Sounds like an express train to frown town. Though in the right build, this ultimate is lethal (not jace2 lethal but what is?) for a 3cmc walker and wouldn't take that long to pull off.

What other creatures benefit greatly from having a +1/+1 counter on it?
    Brb finding out.

[edit] found nothing great yet.
    Last edited by Octopusman; 06-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    Nov 2008
    Austin, TX

I think if it was (2)W it could be worthwhile in RW goblins.. Pro blue flying double strike piledriver sounds pretty cool lol.
    Team FireBrothers

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Whoa there. Let's at least recognize the huge difference between complete shit and not Legacy playable. The bar for being Legacy playable is set very high especially for Planeswalkers. In Standard these guys are very playable though.
    Yeah, complete shit is playable in Standard.

On topic: The abilities aren't that bad for the cost. The problem is that the ulti is more suitable for a control deck, but the first two abilities are useful in aggro decks only. For this reason, I don't see it finding its place in any Legacy deck.
    The land of waiting where the dead sit in their thoughts' shadow, by no moon lit.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2009
    London, UK

I may be completely wrong but I think that this guy will play amazing well alongside Talia...

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Raystar View Post
    I may be completely wrong but I think that this guy will play amazing well alongside Talia...
    At 4 mana this isn't exactly hot.

Thread Information