Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

I just want to quote one line from you, “redundant taxes.”

Taxes stack. It seems like the world forgets that. That makes ivory tower better when you add six cards to your 7 card hand and makes rack digging better. All cards in the deck act as a resource because of scrol rack.

And to touch on surgical: rest in piece. But I actually used to build with regard to meddling mage. That’s why there are similar cards like REB and pyroblast in my list. That said our card quality is strong so we do too deck we’ll. But by playing toolbox you are always open to drawing the wrong card at the wrong time. That’s where redundancy on key cards fits.

Also to reiterate. The biggest strength of parfait is its ability to blank a lot of your opponents cards.
    Last edited by Weapon X; 11-13-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

It's been a while since I last played but I feel trimming etutor is the way to go. When you get matched against a counterspell deck you often run out of things to jam. Daze is often a hard counter as we can either pay 1 and not be able to cast our threat or don't pay it and bet opp has no more counters. Karn seems like a good compromise as it's still a tutor but not card disadvantage. It's probably safe to play 2 of it main without needing ancient tomb.

In today's meta I would also run 3 rip maindeck since you want it quite often on T2 without spending a tutor.

Sep 2019
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    /snip
    Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    /snip
    Thank you both for the insight. I have no problem admitting I know next to nothing about this particular archetype and was more or less posting initial reactions to modern lists. There's no reason for me to have missed that Taxes stack but there you have it.

I understand that adding U essentially is an admission you're trying to combo-off as fast as you can, which pushes the deck in a different direction. I'll put up a different list over the weekend with your comments in mind.
    Dreadstill

"Control"(tr.v.): To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct."

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    It's been a while since I last played but I feel trimming etutor is the way to go. When you get matched against a counterspell deck you often run out of things to jam. Daze is often a hard counter as we can either pay 1 and not be able to cast our threat or don't pay it and bet opp has no more counters. Karn seems like a good compromise as it's still a tutor but not card disadvantage. It's probably safe to play 2 of it main without needing ancient tomb.

In today's meta I would also run 3 rip maindeck since you want it quite often on T2 without spending a tutor.
    In my experience testing a non-parfait enchantments deck this seems accurate
    Playing so many cards that are minus-1 on resolution (tutor) is a risky proposition and I imagine it's very hard to dig yourself out of that hole if the opponent can disrupt your landtax engine

Thread Information