Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Iíve been playing Wr since the unbanning of tax and can tell you itís extremely competitive. Blue does give access to some neat cards, but I think that also lends itself to taking away some of the strengths of mono white as immediately you want to play a ďblue deckĒ. Chants and a tool box are part of the competitive edge especially when combined with blanking many of our opponents cards. The only glass cannon here is the pilot.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    The only glass cannon here is the pilot.
    Quote of the day.
    I play decks with a lot of white enchantments, and white isn't even my favorite color.

Wow it got a little personal already, try not to be a tool about it as thereís already too few people playing legacy.

My win rate is decent as long as I can protect land tax and thatís my point. Without it, there is no engine. Iím a little unclear of the benefits of Wr over UW when Supreme Verdict is a strict upgrade over Wrath, and Back to Basics is probably superior to Blood moon. The rest of your deck is either single W mana or an artifact?

Iíll concede that I havenít looked too deeply into your sideboard. Enlighten me.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

The engine is great, itís the reason to play parfait after all. You can win without the engine however, or you should be able to. Perhaps thatís why you went the blue route? The fact that the deck can contain so many must answer cards is an indirect strength.

The best reason for red is simply how little you need for such big/relevant plays. Blasts are reason number 1. Heavy blue makes it easy to take out bad cards for blast against most of the field. Blood moon is the main reason however. With everyone wanting to play greedy mana bases without basics a resolved bloodmoon means game against a lot of decks. Charbelcher is also a great secondary win condition that takes advantage of what we are trying to do anyway while also doubling as a colourless removal spell if needed against Iona for example. Having a single mountain means that we can potentially win with a 10 card library. Nahiri has also proved to be a great addition. The filtering alone is great but the removal is gravy.

I wouldnít call supreme verdict a strict upgrade over wrath. Back to basics is far from superior to blood for obvious reasons. Not sure how to really comment on the rest. Sorry you felt attacked, but this is far from something like oops all spells (an actual glass cannon).
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Interesting, thanks for your views. Why do you play Oblivion ring over Councilís judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamusj View Post
    Why do you play Oblivion ring over Councilís judgement?
    You can fetch O-Ring with E-tutor. That's part of the strengths of the toobox.
    I play decks with a lot of white enchantments, and white isn't even my favorite color.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

7 > 4

It is a big part of the tool box while being a card type that is not specifically targeted. Also maybe youíve played against show and tell?

I do have a single councilís judgment in my sideboard but it is mainly there as an answer for something I canít target. Most removal that Iím playing will not be dead simply by being versatile.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

For this reason, shouldn't we switch the mana base to Snow-Covered and play some number of On Thin Ice instead of StP?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Well I play path, but that gives us instant speed removal that can benefit us and have no draw back at all on occasion. Also I play trinisphere as one of my bullets so the ability to have options on an opponents turn also can become relevant. Just imagine a 3sphere in play against delver for instance. An eot path on delver can create all kinds of lines and give potential info to us. Do they let it resolve because they can only play one spell? Is it their only pressure so they have to give you a free turn? In the end itís an instant removal spell vs sorcery speed pseudo removal. Iíd wager that if you think of what youíre removing youíll probably see more value in the instant option. I would like on thin ice in a Quinn build more as I would think tutoring for a single creature removal spell seems bad when Iím already redundant in that area.

I think that actually highlights a strength of the deck itself. People will play weird against parfait. There are strong prison elements paired with blanking of opponents cards which also makes sideboarding challenging. On one hand we play a very linear game, but we can do it slow or fast. If we dictate the pace we want, we win.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Thread Information