Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

I would have done that 3 years ago or so had I a camera.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I don't have that possibility either but I'm trying to convince some twitch streamers to build it. If I can get them to buy moxens it could happen.

is blood sun good for our deck?

http://mythicspoiler.com/rix/cards/bloodsun.html

or is blood moon enough/better?

fwiw, the cantrip is what really shines on it..

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Bad.

Blood moon can beat decks by itself just by colour screw. Sun still gives useable mana while only really affecting fetch lands which we don't really use.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Bad.

Blood moon can beat decks by itself just by colour screw. Sun still gives useable mana while only really affecting fetch lands which we don't really use.

@Weapon X
    how does your 75 currently look like? have you made any changes lately?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Unchanged.

I kind of laugh about it actually. It's like when dig and treasure cruise were present and people were losing there minds over that, I was sitting back eating my popcorn. My deck became stronger due to people forcing delve.

I'll even reiterate it; Any changes made are usually sideboard and that's due to expected meta which also doesn't necessarily cause a change.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Amendment of sorts, I have been debating trying search for the second sun as another possible option but have yet to actually test it in any capacity.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I'm assuming you meant Approach of the second sun? If so, that spell seems really really bad

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

That is the card I meant.

It's attractive as it does something that I have sideboard cards for but also creates another way to win at the cost of a single card.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I fail to see how it requires 1 card: It needs 7 lands (8 for daze, 9 for pierce), a scroll rack+7cards in hands to use effectively (which also implies Land Tax). I'd say it's pretty unreasonable to expect to get all of these. Unless you're really trying to cast it once and then another time 7 turns later... I doubt you'll be alive or your opponent will let you get there in time.

I have a hard enough time casting 4 drops vs all the delver or other fast decks in legacy, I'm definitely not going over that. I'd rather get Terminus at this point since it can be cast for 1 sometimes and a board wipe is more synergistic with the rest of the deck.

But then again, I tried timely reinforcements for a few months without much if any success so maybe it's good for your meta.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

The basis of the deck is to go for the long game. Gaining 6 life is a way to get there with the potential to win the game. Timely reinforcements still does more for less cost however. As I said it is something I am curious about as it takes a single slot to potentially win the game much like the lone charbelcher.

As memory serves your list is much different from mine because I don't usually have that problem.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

As of right now our mainboards are almost identical but it differs greatly in the side. I decided to use 6 utility creatures to give me a clock against combo decks because I could never make it to the lategame otherwise.

My meta has a few combos that are really weak to those and a lot of stompy fast decks atm so I can't count on always going lategame sadly.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

So you have a lot of stompy and zuran orb, trinisphere, ivory tower, humility, numerous spot removal/mass removal, chant, etc can't get you to the late game?
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Pretty much. Maybe I'm just that unlucky but over the last 6 months I had a pretty bad record to stompy decks like Soldiers/Humans, UR delver, Food Chain. Also, combo decks like High Tide, SnS, Storm really tear through this deck if you don't have a clock. But I was specifically talking about the first half of 2017 during which I played a different mainboard with a sideboard closer to yours. It has been going better since I half-reverted my sideboard and streamlined my mainboard.

Even then, I still board out Belcher a lot since it's too slow (I enjoy it as a backup plan but sometimes it just doesn't do anything). That's why I woud never consider running a 7 drop that almost "does nothing" but that's based on my play style and experience. I'm not saying it isn't good but rather that I don't see how it could be used to give good results and I try not to play something I don't understand much.
    Last edited by Cpt-Qc; 01-15-2018 at 09:23 PM.

not that it can't work but i feel legacy is just too fast and hostile to reliably cast approach of the second sun..

@Cpt-Qc
    can i see your sideboard man?

Of course, here:

-2x Ethersworn Canonist
    -2x Phyrexian Revoker
    -2x Spirit of the Labyrinth
    -1x Circle of Protection: Red
    -1x Ghostly Prison
    -2x Leyline of Sanctity
    -1x Rest in Peace
    -1x Sacred Mesa
    -1x Seal of Cleansing
    -2x Red Elemental Blast

@weaponx are you still on the Nahiri / Baneslayer sideboard plan?

Since it's been a while she's been out and I was wondering if you found the results satisfactory enough to keep her in permanently.

I'd like to try her and I was wondering in which matchups you usually side her in and what are the most likely targets for her removal. I tried Gideon and Elspeth and, although I ended up cutting them, their use was almost exclusively for control mirrors. I can't help but feel like Nahiri's removal is lackluster against a deck like miracles that has almost no permanents and she can't fight an opposing Jace at all.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

That creature option is always there, currently it is still baneslayer as I haven't needed the genju speed.

Nahiri is just too versatile not to include when I have access to red. The filtering is the main reason to play her. Most of the time she'll come down and remove something making the board clear, seemed to hit delvers and shaman a lot. Has hit counterbalance more then I expected. The cute part is the ultimate lets us win on the spot in most cases with helm. Occasionally you get a hasty baneslayer. Of note i had considered Nahiri/emrakul as a potential win condition but Emmy is garbage outside of that plan in the deck.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I had the worst 4 rounds ever with the deck this week. Nevertheless, I got to Resolve Nahiri once and she won me the game.

The look on my opponent's face when I got Helm with the ult was pretty great. He proceeded to read the card thoroughly, and died. If they do not have a way to deal with it, it's a 3 turn clock, which is even faster than jace. I guess the fact that people don't know what she does completely make it an asset.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

It does what I want for most cards in the deck; it's versatile. That makes Nahiri worth its weight in gold. Removal, filtering, and a win condition in a card.

I was playing a deck where Nahiri/emrakul was my win con. It has played out better in parfait.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Thread Information