Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    I played chains in my black splash. It's a powerful card
    Been testing Trade Routes, and Defense Grid main. So far when I had tax + trade routes online it was incredible. Grid made op play more lands in order to interact, this is my list as of now

// 11 Artifact
    2 Helm of Obedience
    1 Isochron Scepter
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Scroll Rack
    1 Defense Grid

// 18 Enchantment
    3 Energy Field
    4 Land Tax
    4 Rest in Peace
    1 Detention Sphere
    1 Luminarch Ascension
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    1 Web of Inertia
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Trade Routes
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles

// 10 Instant
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Orim's Chant
    3 Swords to Plowshares

// 18 Land
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    10 Plains
    1 Scrubland

// 1 Planeswalker
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// 2 Sorcery
    2 Supreme Verdict

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Powder Keg
    SB: 2 Meddling Mage
    SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
    SB: 1 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 1 Nevermore
    SB: 1 Humility
    SB: 1 Mana Maze
    SB: 1 Karmic Justice
    SB: 1 Back to Basics
    SB: 1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    SB: 1 Entreat the Angels

Not sure if its correct to play Scrubland or swamp still not sure which is better.

Why would you play Swords to Plowshares instead of Path to Exile?

Quote Originally Posted by dog_koko View Post
    1) We don't care about life
    2) even though path is a decent combo with land tax, without a land tax allowing an opponent to ramp into a t2 TNN or jace on turn 3 is not what we want. I would rather have a kill spell with no drawback like swords then path

Quote Originally Posted by dog_koko View Post
    i play with both or one another. sometimes 2 paths and 2 swords.

path give them tempo and swords give them life. there are match ups where this matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    i play with both or one another. sometimes 2 paths and 2 swords.

path give them tempo and swords give them life. there are match ups where this matters.
    What matchup does life matter for them, unless your playing a different version that relies on creatures

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjastill View Post
    What matchup does life matter for them, unless your playing a different version that relies on creatures
    i encounter a lot of depths, lands, reanimator and sneak and show in my meta. i just don't like them getting an extra grislebrand activations or drawing more cards using sylvan library after i sword the marit lage.

i'm thinking maybe i go with 3 swords and 1 path if my meta changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    i encounter a lot of depths, lands, reanimator and sneak and show in my meta. i just don't like them getting an extra grislebrand activations or drawing more cards using sylvan library after i sword the marit lage.

i'm thinking maybe i go with 3 swords and 1 path if my meta changes.
    Although your concerns are somewhat valid, once Griselbrand has been activated the game is already over 95% of the time (I also play reanimator variants so I learned over time that the 7/7 lifelink body is just flavor text. The real card is yawgmoth's.)

As for Depths/Stage decks, you have plenty of ways to get rid of a library and even then, giving them more life isn't really an issue since we won't be killing those decks with damage anyway.

I'd rather keep them low on basics so that they get caught pants down by Blood Moon. The only real advantage to Path would be to activate Land Tax but I found that my opponents rarely play around it anyway. They do not seem to care that I draw 4 cards a turn until I get scroll rack in, which perfectly suits me.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I find people have greedy manabases and as a result can't find a basic land so path has no drawback. Just look in this thread as proof, I think I'm the only person here who is trying to avoid non basics in the deck.

@ninjastill: why are you killing some goober turn 1? Are you asking yourself that question when you have a path in hand? I'm wondering if that is factoring into how you evaluate path here?
    The Parfait Meta-Game

[QUOTE=jubeininja69;1022410

i'm thinking maybe i go with 3 swords and 1 path if my meta changes.[/QUOTE]

i actually like this configuration..

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Hi Parfait Troopers!

long time I don't post here...
    I am wondering if my Parfait Trini Catalism version (link in footer) would be in this meta good (now c.b. is out...) or if you have a fun/good list to try!
    Weapon X, any new?

I am going to stick with Parfait for some time... it is like playing combo but backwards...

EDIT: I'll disagree all days on the week on Path vs Swords. I absolutly prefer Swords. But that's my opinion!
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

No new lists really from me. I built my list when tax was unbanned and it's been good since then. The most changes that need to be made are sideboard as meta changes so you can get better lasers.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

There's a few changes I want to test and those include playing a third RIP maindeck (between the drs, loam, reanimator and snapcaster decks it's never truly dead).

I'd also like to lower the mana curve somehow because playing 7x 4drops can be hard at times with so few lands. Keeping us off land tax is a very valid way to mana screw us.

Edit: Also I'm thinking of adding a second Moon or 3Ball in the side. Those care are just so powerful that getting one counterspelled makes me sad so I'd like to have a backup G2-3.
    Last edited by Cpt-Qc; 10-06-2017 at 12:20 AM.

I just found out there is a new Wrath in Ixalan: Settlle the Wreckage, 2WW.

The downsides: It only takes care of attacking creatures.
    The upsides: It's instant speed AND exiles instead of destroying AND fuels land tax by giving basic lands . At 4 mana you don't care about giving your opponent lands anymore and they probably don't have any left their deck anyway

I still think WoG is better for getting rid of all utility creatures/mana dorks but the surprise of instant speed wrath isn't to be taken lightly.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    No new lists really from me. I built my list when tax was unbanned and it's been good since then. The most changes that need to be made are sideboard as meta changes so you can get better lasers.
    Please could you share your list? my meta I believe is like yours... Grixis in form of Tempo/Control, Blade, LAnds, some Storm, etc...

I looked at my old list with trinis but I believe it is quite outdated - the idea of trinis was to figth some how miracles but now it is gone I just would prefer a list wthouth trinis...
    regarding new cards to add I found new Gideon great in my cataclism-trini list as it can be converted in a creature when you cataclism the opp. also the Nodes seem bad right now...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

4 Land Tax
    3 Scroll Rack
    3 Wrath Of God
    4 Orim’s Chant
    3 Oblivion Ring
    4 Path to Exile
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 Zuran Orb
    1 Humility
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Ivory Tower
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Mox Opal

2 Rest In Peace
    2 Helm of Obedience
    1 Goblin Charbelcher

2 Mountain
    16 Plains

Sideboard
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    3 Timely Reinforcements
    1 Baneslayer Angel
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Ethersworn Cannonist
    1 Nahiri, the Harbinger
    1 Council's Judgement

That should be my list as of right now. I seem to recall cutting a timely reinforcements for something, but I don't have my deck near.

I still play a single 3sphere. It's too powerful of a card that if you can play it you should. For us it helps get land tax online, punishes weak mana bases, and negates everyone's need to play efficiently costed spells.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I noticed you listed Opal instead of Chrome mox. Has it been working for you? I don't like Chrome Mox very much since it's very rough on card advantage pre-tax/rack but I rarely have 2+ artifacts at the same time for Opal to be active.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I have never played chrome as I want access to my singletons. Opal gave me the situational mana source I was after without hindering my resources to make it work. There are times when it may not add mana but again, it's not as taxing and makes for an easy sideboard cut.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

The "best" card to imprint is probably a wrath effect/humility when you can't cast it but, as you said, losing a singleton can hurt later on.

I might just end up playing the 19 land after all since I do not have access to opal and I believe it isn't very good when we most need it (early).

i find that the orb, tower, the 3 diamonds and the 3 scroll racks are ample, cheap artifacts that can be casts early on to support the opal..from my experience, the singleton opal gave me fewer problems that the singleton chrome mox did..in parfait, i would use a wildfield borderpost first before i use a chrome mox.

can someone please record this deck on magic online or in store?

Thread Information