Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    It could, but baneslayer and similar fly. That evasion and first strike are fairly hard to beat. Added bonus you don't need to sink mana into a baneslayer. Basically it's not better then baneslayer or similar. In a pinch maybe.
    I like brightling's return to hand ability to dodge wrath. I think it deserves testing.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Genju of the fields was one of the first cards I used in that slot. It's 1 mana and has pseudo built in protection. It's also a mana sink if you really need/want. It was great against aggro for me. I just don't feel like the mana investment for brightling compares to just baneslayer or the genju.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

just came across this card, endless atlas..

what do you think of it?
    very few decks in legacy can utilize its ability..
    but we run so many basics that its no problem turning it on..
    its a cheap-to-activate card drawing engine..

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

We have tax as a recall every turn for W.

I don't think this adds anything for us. Burn is probably the best spot for this and I doubt they would play it.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

is there a close replacement for trinisphere? i don't have one at this time. would sphere of resistance be acceptable?

also any updates to your list or is it still the same?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    is there a close replacement for trinisphere? i don't have one at this time. would sphere of resistance be acceptable?

also any updates to your list or is it still the same?

at first glance sphere of resistance(or thorn of amethyst) might be the best substitute but it really isn't..trinisphere slows down fast decks without slowing down our haymakers/wincons(4-cmc spells)..it seems like it can hurt us when we're trying to combo off, imagine casting helm or belcher for 5, not to mention activating them..

maybe Dampening Sphere? but that's just a shot in the dark..i personally won't use it..

maybe just add another blood moon or a choke..

Quote Originally Posted by zenitramleirdag View Post
    at first glance sphere of resistance(or thorn of amethyst) might be the best substitute but it really isn't..trinisphere slows down fast decks without slowing down our haymakers/wincons(4-cmc spells)..it seems like it can hurt us when we're trying to combo off, imagine casting helm or belcher for 5, not to mention activating them..

maybe Dampening Sphere? but that's just a shot in the dark..i personally won't use it..

maybe just add another blood moon or a choke..
    with trinisphere, it make our land tax, plows, chants, tutor all 3 cmc anyway right? When is the right time to play trinisphere?

Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    with trinisphere, it make our land tax, plows, chants, tutor all 3 cmc anyway right? When is the right time to play trinisphere?

it makes our land tax cost 3 but it also enables it by forcing them to play lands..

against combo, i don't mind if my chants cost more with as long as they can't combo off..

it makes our PtE's and/or swords more expensive but so do their creatures making it easier to answer them 1 for 1..

==============================================================

i like to play trinisphere when they haven't established a board presence yet, usually in the early game when the opponent stubbornly refuses to play lands..
    i like to play trinisphere early against burn, elves, delver variants or any brainstrom deck..

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

There really isn't a replacement for trinisphere. It's just simply one of those hoser cards that doesn't affect us as much as it should our opponent. The format is one of efficiency and 3sphere is a card that capitalizes on that. It slows down aggro and combo which we want to happen so we can control the game. The closest option beyond will probably be something like Thalia, but that would be more of a sideboard option more us since we want to blank as many cards as we can.

Trinisphere will depend on the matchup, but even beyond that sooner is better for most. Any tempo, combo, aggro, etc gets crippled by a trinisphere with only really helping us by forcing them to play into our tax game.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Jul 2013
    Chile

What do you think about new card Dawn of Hope like a win condition / extra drawing and life recovery tool:

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/g...0-dawn-of-hope

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

It's more versatile then sacred mesa. I like it. Wish there was some evasion attached to the creatures but being a one card draw engine is nice for a win con.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    It's more versatile then sacred mesa. I like it. Wish there was some evasion attached to the creatures but being a one card draw engine is nice for a win con.
    what do you guys think of this card for the sideboard, it hits weaker than baneslayer though it can come down faster and buffs other creatures that also come in postboard?

http://mythicspoiler.com/grn/cards/a...ofjustice.html

that card, Dawn of Hope..can you pump it multiple times for 1 ivory tower trigger?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by zenitramleirdag View Post
    that card, Dawn of Hope..can you pump it multiple times for 1 ivory tower trigger?
    If by pump you mean draw a card; no. It's a triggered ability that triggers on life gain, regardless of the amount. so if Ivory Tower gains you 3 life, that's one trigger, one chance to draw a card.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

In most cases I'm playing baneslayer because of the first strike and life link. So both offensively and defensively it's going to do what it needs to do. I don't like the restrictions on that angel and elspeth buffs guys better.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

I just noticed the shenanigans you may do with experimental frenzy and scroll rack... Not that I think it's a great card but still...

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Turning a 7+ card hand to 1 just feels bad. I don’t understand why people want to play it.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

People really like to "break" cards. Technically this card means you have all your deck in your hand, but can only play in a preset order... which is completely dumb if you ask me lol

With so much grixis around I haven't had much success with this deck tho. They have so much discard we get shat on G1 and I've been killed through Leyline with just snapcaster beats. I noticed that the weak point in our strategy seems to be artifacts. Artifact removal is way too common nowadays and land tax without scroll rack is so useless. Most of my opponents just kill rack and let me draw lands. And since all of our card advantage engines start with 2 pieces, all our opponent needs to do is get rid of one and the other becomes bad.

Easy to obtain CA is hard to find in W alone. We also have so much card disadvantage that I would like a way to protect all my permanents (like greater auramancy but for artifacts). Unfortunately, Padeem is unavailable unless we go blue. I even thought about running boros charm just for the indestructible part but decided it was too situational.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Hannah’s custody, fountain watch, etc. They exist. I can not justify playing them.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Yeah, they're not good enough because they're very situational. We'd need something that can generate value while protecting.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I don’t think we play enough artifacts worth protecting to justify even thinking about trying to do so. I’d rather just play more redundancy if I need to. To many cards need to be dealt with for me to consider protecting a portion of them. Null rod for instance is more of an issue.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Thread Information