Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Re: [Deck] W/x Parfait (Tax/Rack Control)

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon X View Post
    Dredge doesn’t care about what you’re doing and plays out of the yard. They only care about the card stopping them, like storm. Otherwise it’s possible for them to play around some answers, and good players will. Leyline won’t stop therapies for example. When they can stop it doesn’t matter, city of solitude can help those decks that don’t want to interact.
    do you have an updated sideboard for the post DRS ban?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

At this point it’s still the same. Like most things that seem to have happened since I put this list together, people play whatever the “hot stuff” is and I’m already beating it.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Mar 2010
    Rochester NY

Hi,

Has anyone come up with a new decklist, or has anyone played the deck at any tournaments recently?

Too many Grixis Control bs atm and that matchup is pretty bad so I'm staying away for now.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I’m still running the same. Wish I was able to play more. Life has a way of changing things.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Anyone see Jody Keith's channel, NOLAGOLD, where he played white blue tax rack?

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

Nope.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

He played it again like 2 days ago? The deck didn't seem to perform very well though, I don't think he won a round in the league

@Weapon X
    Have you tried both stp and pte? I'm thinking of going to Path of Exile after being on swords for a while. Wondering if it helps activate land tax much (that's my main argument for being inclined to switch).

It does make Blood Moon worse but I think I might have been banking a little to much on that...

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I really only used path. It made too much sense not to. At the time I first built it greedy mana bases were everywhere. In most cases it meant people didn’t even have a basic to find. Then with a tax in play some people would choose to not find a land to make sure it wouldn’t trigger. Like most things you sometimes fix an opponents mana, but the synergy with the deck is too great to ignore. I have pathed my own tokens for ramp or shuffle effects, but that is a rarity.

In general I would say any negatives are outweighed by the positives. Simply having a way to force tax activations is great, but recognizing matchup vs board state will help in decision making.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Most people at my store run 3-4 basics since the drs ban. That's why I have not made the switch yet.

Different topic, I think 3x leyline is becoming a must. Discard and burn hurts us a lot so I feel we need more protection. Getting your bullet discarded sucks and T2 hymn sucks even more (hymn does become way worse the longer the game goes if you can activate land tax at least).
    Last edited by Cpt-Qc; 01-30-2019 at 05:13 PM.

I liked my 3-4 Leylines main! You generate often 6-8 dead cards on your opponent hands and you're safe of Jace's ultimate. Without the Leyline it is just a matter of time, that you get in trouble by bolts...

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I’m more concerned with targeted discard, but it hasn’t been an issue for me to this point. Otherwise I already have zorb,ivory tower, trinisphere and confinement main. Sideboard I gain access to even more options. Burn should be close to a can’t lose.
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Jul 2013
    Chile

@Weapon X
    Hi, do you think Parfait is better than Enchantress deck? some legacy examples:

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=21149&d=340992&f=LE
    https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lega...eautiful-deck/

I was thinking to build an Enchantress deck because it seems fun, has a lot of common cards with Parfait and the ones lacking are not so expensive. The encanchtress card draw engine could be faster / more consistent than land tax + scroll rack?

Saludos amigo
    >>>

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I love enchantress, but I would say parfait is the better deck. The reason for this is simple, you need an enchantress for enchantress to work. Parfait doesn’t need the engine running to be good as it generally plays arbitrarily better cards. Just consider that enchantress needs to make 3 mana on turn 2 to potentially start its engine. That said both decks should win with their engine running as it’s really a quality v quantity situation.

As an aside I’d say the decks don’t really share anything outside of lands and possibly the poorly built helm versions (I’m adamant that enchantress wants black if it wants a helm win)
    The Parfait Meta-Game

WU just got top 16 at the scg open: http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/128062.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Yeah, saw that today. That's nice although there looks to be pretty dubious deckbuilding decisions in the list like 4 mox with only 18 lands.. that's super rough.

Looks like Mox Diamond's price will increase again sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Qc View Post
    Yeah, saw that today. That's nice although there looks to be pretty dubious deckbuilding decisions in the list like 4 mox with only 18 lands.. that's super rough.
    I'm guessing mox pitch land play land tax pass was a common play turn one on the play (with no land drop).
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

May 2014
    Winnipeg, Mb

I’m guessing there was even more trade routes into mox. Surprised by no Jace
    The Parfait Meta-Game

Yeah, Jace is way better than teferi in most situations since he can protect you 3 times at least before biting the dust. In my versions of UW parfait I always play 1-2 jace. Teferi is more of a sideboard card.

Thread Information