Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: June 20th B&R List Update: Land Tax unbanned

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Re: June 20th B&R List Update: Land Tax unbanned

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Don't I have to cast that every turn? Don't I need to have land in my yard? How can life from the loam help me if I'm land screwed already? Isn't it green?
    1G a turn is worth a) Not running white and running green instead b) Grabbing wastelands and fetches instead of basics.

Decks that run loam/tax have a ton of lands naturally, so if you are land screwed you probably should have just mulliganed. Else, dredging loam then casting it can get you lands pretty easily, yes?

I love loam.
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Don't I have to cast that every turn? Don't I need to have land in my yard? How can life from the loam help me if I'm land screwed already? Isn't it green?

Your snideness is noted, but it's not a strictly better comparison. They are different cards.
    I was pointing this out as a roundabout way to say that the ability to power Seismic Assault already exists in the form of a better card, and that those two cards in conjunction with each other are only marginally playable because of the constraints they place on deck construction. Since that's the case, Tax-Assault is bad.

I mean, do you really want to be the guy who's trying to hit WRRR in a deck with 6-10 basics in it? Particularly if you dip into green for Loam so that you can consistently activate Assault. RRR is straining enough in Aggro Loam, a deck that can run as many nonbasics and fetches as it wants, on top of having Mox Diamonds.

They are different cards. Seismic Assault was a reach in my list of shit that gets better though, point taken.

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Well we're completely discounting the cards primary purpose. You will never face land issues and you laugh at wasteland. Add to that the thinning effect of 2.5%x3x#oftriggers is just gravy. You don't actually need scroll rack to see that, a simple Brainstorm should reveal more juice.

There are a number of older cards that are positively impacted by Land Tax, not just Scroll Rack.

- Brainstorm
    - Ivory Tower
    - Scroll Rack
    - Mox Diamond
    - Forbid
    - Foil
    - Seismic Assault
    Forbid + Tax = good old times!

Too bad it comes online on turn 3 (turn 4/5 against Daze/Pierce)
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwalker View Post
    Forbid + Tax = good old times!

Too bad it comes online on turn 3 (turn 4/5 against Daze/Pierce)
    Yeah ... I'm just pointing out some cards that certainly made some gains, whether they outstrip the format staples is up for everyone to decide (and for deck copiers to copy). My list certainly isn't comprehensive, there are some cards lurking around that haven't gotten much press (*cough* Scorched Earth *cough*) but could pop up in decks, in wish boards, etc..

May 2011
    Norway

I agree with a couple of the other posts that mentioned Land Tax being a nice addition to some kind of white geddon/stax deck, or a BW control deck with smallpox and Lilliana. The only Legacy deck i own and would consider trying a Land tax ATM is in my counterTop Thoper deck. I have played Enchantress for a couple of years now and can't see how Land tax would speed things up in a better way than exploration growth/sprawl already does. Enchantress needs an Ensnaring Bridge enchantment or a cheaper city of solitude.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by mishrazz View Post
    I agree with a couple of the other posts that mentioned Land Tax being a nice addition to some kind of white geddon/stax deck, or a BW control deck with smallpox and Lilliana. The only Legacy deck i own and would consider trying a Land tax ATM is in my counterTop Thoper deck. I have played Enchantress for a couple of years now and can't see how Land tax would speed things up in a better way than exploration growth/sprawl already does. Enchantress needs an Ensnaring Bridge enchantment or a cheaper city of solitude.
    What about Solitary Confinement? Land Tax can somehow feed it too.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information