Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
I've been testing Zombie Infestation replacing Tendrils of Agony. Cabal Therapy makes up the backbone of the discard suite in this iteration. The infestation kill is technically a turn slower, but does that really matter when you can Cabal Therapy their hand to Oblivion? Zombie Infestation has some advantages over Tendrils of Agony: 1) it is another discard outlet for Griselbrand pre-combo, 2) It costs less than ToA, making it easier to play post combo and thus helping against fizzling due to lack of mana, 3) it is unhindered by Gaddock Teeg, Stifle, and corner cases like Leyline of Sanctity. It has weaknesses of its own, of course, like being affected by stuff like Elephant Grass, Ensnaring Bring, Engineered Explosives, etc... But I thought I'd throw it out there because I think it's an interesting possibility.
No, too cute. This plan loses to Pernicious Deed, Engineered Explosives, Maelstrom Pulse (all cards seeing play right now), and an opponent crushing you with Sneak Attack in the extra turns you gave him.

The reason to play this deck over a Reanimator deck is so that you can avoid the whole attack step shenanigans. This deck is fantastic, and probably a lot better than ANT. It's only a matter of time before it is perfected, and starts seeing very good finishes (other than .dk's 86th place finish in Atlanta).