Page 141 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Re: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Quote Originally Posted by Waveboy124 View Post
    @.dk I really want to try the doomsday plan...just wish LED's weren't $1000 CAD now :(

Is your doomsday list on the thread? Are you playing LDV (2 piece) because you're playing Doomsday SB?

Generally how many tournaments. Love the deck - I assume everyone else does too.
    I think Acclimation got most of it already, but I think you have the LDV thing backwards. I would run LDV in the maindeck UNLESS i'm running Mentor in the sideboard. SDT is so much better with Mentor.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Jul 2016
    Toronto, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    I think Acclimation got most of it already, but I think you have the LDV thing backwards. I would run LDV in the maindeck UNLESS i'm running Mentor in the sideboard. SDT is so much better with Mentor.
    Little bit, but I understand. Top is better with mentor in the board. LDV is better with DD SB. I am picking up a few LED's hopefully next week. Is everyone on the DD SB plan? Or anyone testing Mentor?
    Legacy:
    Tin Fins
    Belcher

EDH:
    Animar

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post912259

To quote .dk, "And the deck itself: I'm pretty sure Doomsday is wrong. I don't think it's the best sideboard plan, or even transformation. I'm pretty sure Monastery Mentor is."

Everything from that point on is talking about different variations of the Mentor board plan, as well as other random variations.

Reading is time consuming, but not as time consuming as the testing and reporting we did so others can benefit. Please read from page 123 onward, as well as the primer. I don't mind answering questions, but if you can't take the time to read, then I'm not terribly inclined to repeat myself.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

I don't get Sorin. That doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Also - if you're trying to deal with DRS, why Echoing Truth? Why not Chain of Vapor or Swords to Plowshares?

Sideboard looks interesting - I know Richard Cheese and I have talked about a straightforward man-plan like that for a number of years. Just never really tested anything.
    Echoing truth solves many problems like Chalice of the void for example, buys a turn after Entreat the angels or Empty the warren, can deal with Leyline of the void or Counterbalance,
    for my opinion this card is mush flexible then StP.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I've been running Mentor board with LDV and Tops main, but mostly because I bought a German LDV and I want to play with it.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Jul 2016
    Toronto, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post912259

To quote .dk, "And the deck itself: I'm pretty sure Doomsday is wrong. I don't think it's the best sideboard plan, or even transformation. I'm pretty sure Monastery Mentor is."

Everything from that point on is talking about different variations of the Mentor board plan, as well as other random variations.

Reading is time consuming, but not as time consuming as the testing and reporting we did so others can benefit. Please read from page 123 onward, as well as the primer. I don't mind answering questions, but if you can't take the time to read, then I'm not terribly inclined to repeat myself.
    Sorry guys. I don't mind reading. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on July 19th 2016 that's all.

I do wanna test (and throw my locals for a spin) doomsday. But mentor does seem really strong because GY hate is 99% completely offline (therapy is werid, and surgical on mentor can be werid too) but overall I enjoy the Mentor grind.
    Legacy:
    Tin Fins
    Belcher

EDH:
    Animar

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Waveboy124 View Post
    opinion on July 19th 2016
    The opinions haven't really changed, as no new cards have been printed to make effective changes to the list in the OP.
    I've played at least 100 hours in tournaments with this deck, and can say with certainty that LDV is as close to Vampiric Tutor in Legacy as possible.

Mentor + Caverns is the best way to beat Miracles matchup. It might still not be enough however, given Miracles' absurd power level.

Use this post as a starting basis of testing the deck. Also read the next few pages to gain some insight about how the list adopted to Mentors.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Hey everyone. I wanna start by saying I'm not a TinFins player but I was talking about the potential of EMN lily and I thought I would suggest it here.

She seems to fit so well with the deck. She's slow to start but such an overwhelming card once ulted.

Here are the plus sides I thought of:
    -Acts as a mentor once ulted but can be cast turn 1 with dark rit
    -Doesnt require mana investment every turn to pump it unlike mentor
    -she can both up herself while killing early threats and help clear the top of library/combo (especially relevant if brainstorm locked or with a top in play)
    -works well with darkblast (both -1-1 and dredging are relevant with her +1 and -2 respectively if you play some amount of creatures like children)

I'm curious to see if it could improve the deck's stability.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Continuing to be the jerk that shuts down ideas,

EMN Liliana does nothing for us. Our goal is to wombo combo as quickly as possible, and slots that aren't combo pieces nor cantrips to find the combo typically aren't worth their weight.

As a 3 mana card, it's not easy to cast in a 14 land deck on curve, and blowing a Dark Ritual to power it out feels bad.

Card literally does nothing in the context of our deck. The only creatures that really gives us grief that the card kills is Thalia. It doesn't kill DRS, and slows down Goyf. With 4 mainboard creatures, the -2 will whiff like, 80% of the time, and on the one time it flips Emrakul, we shuffle our GY back in and potentially ruin any set-up we've done. Also, we want to put Griselbrand in the GY to reanimate it, not to have it in our hand. Sure, if you are running Mentors, it can bring it back, but typically keeping a reanimate in does the same thing. That ultimate, while game winning, takes too long to get to and to win with.

So to recap: Card costs too much and does nothing relevant for us.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Jul 2016
    Toronto, Ontario

Went to a Legacy for Tabernacle event. All over meta. Ended up testing (day of) Painter sideboard:

4 Brainstorm
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Children of Korlis
    1 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Entomb
    2 Flooded Strand
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Goryo's Vengeance
    2 Griselbrand
    1 Island
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Ponder
    1 Reanimate
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Shallow Grave
    1 Swamp
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Tundra
    3 Underground Sea

Sideboard:
    2 Blue Elemental Blast
    4 Grindstone
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    4 Hydroblast
    4 Painter's Servant

Went 3-2 shy of top 8

R1: Grixis delver loss
    R2: Merfolk win
    R3: Affinity win
    R4: Belcher
    R4: Shardless BUG

Didn't face Miracles or Chalice decks - sorta skewed. "Not having enough mana" didn't seem like a problem.

Currently going to try at locals:
    -2 Tops -> +2 LDV. Feel like I need to find pieces faster.

(SB) -2 Blue Elemental blast -> +1 Disenchant +1 Enlightened Tutor.
    Having to many blast effects didn't help. Some 1 ofs to find with LDV sounds better.
    Legacy:
    Tin Fins
    Belcher

EDH:
    Animar

Jan 2014
    Germany

Does some one plays Show n Tell Sideboard?
    I play with
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Mentor
    2 Emrakuhl
    2 Fluster
    2 Swords To P.
    1 Flex
    I get the grave pack out and try to kill with Mentor or SnT

We have the techology, we have the children. We can please make this a thing?
    "Deathstar Tin Fins"

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

If you want to be competitive about it.... probably not so much.

If you want to be hilarious about it, jam all 4!

Jan 2014
    Germany

Hey what do you guys think about Collective Brutality it is good vs hate and let you drop a fatty in the grave. Maybe we should +2 Griselbrand ? Maybe it is to slow with cmc 2 ?

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Damaku View Post

We have the techology, we have the children. We can please make this a thing?
    "Deathstar Tin Fins"

I will try it

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCake View Post
    Hey what do you guys think about Collective Brutality it is good vs hate and let you drop a fatty in the grave. Maybe we should +2 Griselbrand ? Maybe it is to slow with cmc 2 ?
    I started to tinker around with it (after playing 3 copies in the modern version).

As far as I can see it currently, it is the best in the LED/Burning Wish version, since you are running more Grisels compared to the other versions. The card is a power house and saved my ass already several times (getting rid of an hatebear MD is always nice).

Though, I need to test more to get a better view on it, especially since Legacy is a different animal than Modern ;)

Greetings,
    Kathal

Jan 2014
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Kathal View Post
    I started to tinker around with it (after playing 3 copies in the modern version).

As far as I can see it currently, it is the best in the LED/Burning Wish version, since you are running more Grisels compared to the other versions. The card is a power house and saved my ass already several times (getting rid of an hatebear MD is always nice).

Though, I need to test more to get a better view on it, especially since Legacy is a different animal than Modern ;)

Greetings,
    Kathal
    I ordered 2 right now and will playtest soon :)

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Anyone have testing results with Collective Brutality yet? I've been playing another deck lately, but will get back to this as time allows.

Jan 2014
    Germany

Anyone have testing results with Collective Brutality yet? I've been playing another deck lately, but will get back to this as time allows.
    Right now I play one MD and one SB. I am not 100% sure if its the right choice. I will test a bit more over time and post more.

I've tried brutality and in my opinion it was too slow. Although, that is mostly because I am playing an a fast BR build and brutality weakens my chances for T1 combo. However, if you play a little safer and slower I have had good luck with 2 in swapping out cabal therapy. I still "cabal myself" by pitching Griselbrand but I now get the added bonus to duress my opponent.

The biggest point I found most is that I do not want to discard unless I have everything I need to reanimate next turn on my hand. I have been in an awkward spot where I figure I will get everyting I need on my draw step or top activation fail to find and then get something dumb like containment priest MB out of nowhere.

Thread Information