Page 128 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Re: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

@phazonmutant:

Ok, this data set is sweet. I'm still not sold on the no-Tendrils build (particularly due to a couple games I've won specifically because of Tendrils - I view it more as a safety net for bizarre game states), but I do like where you are going with the analysis and reasoning. I'd like to see a larger data set though, as 25 hands doesn't seem statistically significant (although who's to say 100 hands is either). I like your kill turn confidence as well - I should run that on my data too.

That said, I don't think you need to cut down to 1 LDV (or Tendrils) to run Top. I've been playing a 3 Ponder 1 SDT maindeck build lately, and I've very much been liking it. As I mentioned in my goldfishing above, it never got in the way and I think does help you with grindier games (as you mentioned as well). As far as my data goes, I can post it here, or it's also in the same google sheet that my original data and Acclimation's data is in as well.

and I LOVE your account of Mentor boarding with Tops. That's exactly the kind of line I was talking about with adding Tops to a Mentor board - some tricksy shit right there. Love it.

@Richard Cheese

The only case I can think of for this is if they like, surgical your Petals and Rituals or something in the midst of you going off. But if they did that, why didn't they hit Griselbrand to begin with?

And I've never ever used a mini-tendrils line to draw more since we added Children to the deck. I almost did once pre-combat, but then realized that casting LDV, attacking, and then drawing was more of a sure thing.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Thanks to .dks awesome finish and report (mostly the hilarious report to be honest) I've almost finished putting this together. I've played almost exclusively fair decks for the past 2 or 3 years so looking forward to casting Dark Ritual again and making sure people have enough onions with their spaghetti.

I only have 3 Seas at the moment, is another black fetch better than an island? I've goldfished about 20-30 hands (very small sample I know) and already once the island was awkward. I guess the explosiveness of the deck means vs wasteland decks it only needs the single basic to get to a second turn or so?

I'm also split between the Doomsday and Mentor SB options, both are awesome I think I'll try out the mentors at my LGS next week with 4 Mentor and 3 SDT. What would be the cuts generally? -3 Goryo's Vegeance -1 Children -1 Griselbrand -1 Tendrils -1 Entomb? Obviously I have no experience with this yet. Or is cutting one ofs like Tendrils and Children just foolish in case we have a T1 hand? It also probably depends on what/how much hate we're expecting so there's no correct outs in a vacuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Thanks to .dks awesome finish and report (mostly the hilarious report to be honest) I've almost finished putting this together. I've played almost exclusively fair decks for the past 2 or 3 years so looking forward to casting Dark Ritual again and making sure people have enough onions with their spaghetti.

I only have 3 Seas at the moment, is another black fetch better than an island? I've goldfished about 20-30 hands (very small sample I know) and already once the island was awkward. I guess the explosiveness of the deck means vs wasteland decks it only needs the single basic to get to a second turn or so?

I'm also split between the Doomsday and Mentor SB options, both are awesome I think I'll try out the mentors at my LGS next week with 4 Mentor and 3 SDT. What would be the cuts generally? -3 Goryo's Vegeance -1 Children -1 Griselbrand -1 Tendrils -1 Entomb? Obviously I have no experience with this yet. Or is cutting one ofs like Tendrils and Children just foolish in case we have a T1 hand? It also probably depends on what/how much hate we're expecting so there's no correct outs in a vacuum.
    The deck doesn't really operate well without Children, I wouldn't cut it. Also Entomb is basically Vampiric Tutor, don't cut that. My default plan was +4 Mentor, +1 Island, +2 Chain of Vapor, -1 Dark Ritual, -1 Lim-Dul's Vault, -3 Goryo's Vengeance, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Griselbrand. I didn't have Tendrils in the 75, but it could be fine to leave in if you get some damage in with Mentor.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    The deck doesn't really operate well without Children, I wouldn't cut it. Also Entomb is basically Vampiric Tutor, don't cut that. My default plan was +4 Mentor, +1 Island, +2 Chain of Vapor, -1 Dark Ritual, -1 Lim-Dul's Vault, -3 Goryo's Vengeance, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Griselbrand. I didn't have Tendrils in the 75, but it could be fine to leave in if you get some damage in with Mentor.
    Makes sense. And what about SDTs? LDV was one of the cards I considered as an option to side out, but wasn't sure. Maybe with the SDTs as well as the blue cantrips finding a mentor/chain would be easy enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011
    Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    I'm still not sold on the no-Tendrils build (particularly due to a couple games I've won specifically because of Tendrils - I view it more as a safety net for bizarre game states), but I do like where you are going with the analysis and reasoning. I'd like to see a larger data set though, as 25 hands doesn't seem statistically significant (although who's to say 100 hands is either). I like your kill turn confidence as well - I should run that on my data too.
    I find swinging with Griselbrand + Emrakul to be roughly equal to Tendril's wins with or without Griselbrand swinging; but cannot recall having hard cast Emrakul. I must correct this and hard cast the man more often.

The reach of Tendrils is essential as I play the deck, against those with a range of interaction. DnT's exemplifies this: what interaction do they have when I'm going for it, StP, Karakas, vial Flickerwisp or Thalia or Cannonist, etc. Tendrils for one slot just gives you far more lines to play around their disruption.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Hey guys. I am currently working on the Mentor list, and I am wondering about the manabase and the board plan:

14 lands MD:
    - 3 US
    - 1 Scrubland
    - 1 Tundra
    - 1 Swamp
    - 8 fetches
    1 land SB:
    - 1 Scrubland / Tundra / Island

Question 1:
    Which one should I take? I don't really like the Island, and I would rather go for Scrub or Tundra. To have access to blue more easily, I'd say Tundra, but I am not sure, and I would like to hear your thoughts on that. Note that my list is classic with 3 grisel / 2 LDV.
    Question 2:
    About the board (2 Pithing Needle, 4 Mentor, 2 Bob / SDT, 2 Serenity, 2 Chain of Vapor, 2 Massacre, and the land we're speaking above): I am not sold with the 2 Serenity in the Mentor set-up. Should I instead add some surgical? I miss them, but cannot find place for them. I feel like in the match-ups where I go for transformational SB, I don't need Serenity that much (since I transformed). Or are the 2 Massacre the error? I mean, if we play Massacre + anything, noone of our Token will die (except those created by Massacre itself). Against D&T I am more than happy with that.
    Question 3:
    Would you guys consider transformational SB (mentor) against RUG Delver and BUG Delver?

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

I think your maindeck lands are whta I would run. In the sideboard, I wouldn't run island, but probably another Tundra, as you say for blue. Blue is more important when you have Mentor boarded in than it is maindeck.

Personally I wouldn't cut stuff for surgicals, and certainly not serenity. Having serenity in those matchups makes your mentors even better, as you can resolve your cantrips again after blowing up their chalice/counterbalance. I haven't tested at all with this board though, so not totally sure what the right numbers and cards are.

Against BUG? Always. They have 1 for 1 removal in abrupt decay and liliana. And Countermagic + Deathrite is difficult for the maindeck to handle after sideboarding in particular. RUG... maybe? Try testing it both ways?

And... special bonus! My GP Seattle Report:

I ran my list from St. Louis, except -1 Ponder and +1 Sensei's Divining Top main. Sideboard was still Doomsday (due to no practice with Mentor) with 2 Pithing Needle, 1 Chain of Vapor.

Holy shit. I beat Death and Taxes round 1. Round 2 I got 4 Doomsdays countered by Miracles (without a counterbalance) in Game 3 and lost. Round 3 and 4 RUG had insane draws, and I only had good draws. 1-3 drop. Fucking awful.

Thems the breaks - variance gets you sometimes.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

apparently AJ Sacher played this at the GP with #JVP in the mix:

People asking for my GP list. It was misbuilt but here's the update I would play now:
    4 Jace Prodigy
    3 Griselbrand
    1 Emrakul
    2 Abrupt Decay
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Force
    2 Pierce
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    1 Thought Scour (Or Careful Study but Scour is better, just harder to play correctly)
    4 Entomb
    3 Goryo's Vengeance
    3 Shallow Grave
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Trop
    1 Bayou
    4 Underground
    4 Delta
    3 V Catabombs
    3 Misty
    SB
    4 Needle
    2 Decay
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Massacre
    1 Show and Tell
    1 Venser (or Ashen Rider and play 4 Shallow/2 Vengeance)
    1 Obzedat (the sauce tech)
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Therapy
    1 Surgical (or Coffin Purge, but I think Surgical is better)
    1 Disfigure (or Crippling Fatigue, but I think Disfigure is better)
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Not to evoke results oriented, but AJ only won 4 rounds in the event. His list seems like 2 steps back from the Combo push we've done with Return of the Onion Burst. It's better than the first and second iterations of Next Level Reanimator.

I especially like the Shallow Grave / Ashen Rider interaction. That's just funny! Although, it probably needs Cabal Therapy to make best use of it.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Not to evoke results oriented, but AJ only won 4 rounds in the event. His list seems like 2 steps back from the Combo push we've done with Return of the Onion Burst. It's better than the first and second iterations of Next Level Reanimator.

I especially like the Shallow Grave / Ashen Rider interaction. That's just funny! Although, it probably needs Cabal Therapy to make best use of it.
    also Venser being a Counterspell is pretty hot. But ultimately too cute and too late. I guess you could bounce your tendrils, seems superfluous though

on another note of danger of cool things tried Phyrexian Obliterator in the board. It did not go that well and is probably a turn too slow. it feels ok versus tempo decks but they can't have a clock. my current sideboard is horrendous

AJ's list looks like he looked at the deck list then took out all of the "stupid" cards. At first glance I can see why you wouldn't want to play with Tendrils and Children of Korlis because the deck seems like it just wants to reanimate a guy and attack. However, it's obvious that these cards do something in context of the deck but you need to play with it and it takes time to understand.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegrant View Post
    AJ's list looks like he looked at the deck list then took out all of the "stupid" cards. At first glance I can see why you wouldn't want to play with Tendrils and Children of Korlis because the deck seems like it just wants to reanimate a guy and attack. However, it's obvious that these cards do something in context of the deck but you need to play with it and it takes time to understand.
    It's more of a Jace deck in my eyes, especially after playing with Jace in testing a new take on Tin Fins. I would actually be interested in trying more of a mid-range abuse of Ashen Rider to get double duty from the exile triggers. No combo, just a grind house. Different thread however, and I need to flesh it out. Also, wtf Jace is like $∞.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Mar 2013
    Monterrey

Hi, fellow onion bursters
    So I flew all the way from beaner land to seattle in order to burst some onions the way we manly men are supposed to... It ended up in a 5-3 drop result (I got sick because of the seattle weather... beautiful town though)

My list was the average tendrills and emrakul list, still with 1 chrome mox and 1 mox diamond. with the following sideboard:
    4 Monastery Mentor
    3 Dark Confidant
    1 cavern of souls

2 Chain of vapor
    2 pitting needle
    1 Serenity
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Duress

Im only sharing my experiences with the transformational sideboard, since I believe its the only thing worth mentioning. I didnt had the chance or the need to use the transformation up to R4, so:

***R4 Against Brian Rowe from Mythic MTG tech Grixis Pyromancer (with 4 Deathrite shamns)

G1: He keeps a hand with no disruption, so I bursted the onions on T2... and fizzled bcs I didnt found a second entomb. I won in T3 with the rakul attack.

G2: I sided all my combo out (4 entombs, 4 graves, 3 goryos, 2 griselbrands, 1 rakul and the 1 children) for the 15 cards of my side. He sides out all his sudden shocks and bolts.

I dont remember all the sequence of the game, but I mulliganed to 6 bcs my original 7 had no action (no mentor, no bob) and kept a hand of bob, land, petal, therapy, ponder and needle.
    He landed a deathrite on T1 and passed. I drew a probe and casted for life seeing that he kept a one lander with force of will, flustersrtorm, therapy and brainstorm. I baited out the force with the needle succesfully (he removed flusterstorm) and landed bob on t2 after he cantriped looking for land on his turn. Bob found mentor in 2 turns and by the time I landed the mentor he had already produced a Pyro... Let me tell you guys, its not even close. Obviously Bob did tons of work being unanswered for the whole game. I ended up with 9 prowes monks, bob and the mentor against 2 pyros. I won that game in a grindy and convincing way.

2-0

***R5 against Ryan with Miracles

G1: He is on the play and slams T1 top, T2 CB and blind flips a ponder when I was trying to burst the onions on T2... Locked out of the game.

G2: Sided all cards in the same way as in R4. This game was super long. He kept a hand with hate (RIP and Meding mage) and I kept a hand that would make a T1 Bob. Bob went unanswered for 4 or 5 turns and found me a mentor and a second Bob. By the time a landed the mentor he had CB with no top and I had a full grip. I started chipping away life and sneaked the second bob when I had the chance.
    At some point I succeeded in putting a needle on SdT before he could cast one. The game went long because he had blockers and StP to answer the mentors and Bob, but I did win.

G3: I did the routine of putting all my cards together to make him wonder if I was back on the Fins route, but I stayed on the mentor one. He ended up swapping his StP for the terminus he had sided out.
    I dont remember much of this game, but I won it mainly because he had a very slow hand and was struggling with the mana. At the end of the game he made a mistake with his miracle trigger.

2-1

I didnt have the chance of siding the mentor plan on any other of the rounds because I was being paired against reanimator or hate light archetypes. But I can say that I felt good with the transformational sideboard. Even on matches that I didnt use it, I never felt that I was missing options by siding in just the rest of the sideboard, but during all the GP I did wish that one of those chains or the duress was a Disfigure... I shouldve bought that sweet Russian foil I saw.

In the end I cant tell if this plan help us against matches like DnT or Miracles that are really hard because of the amount and diversity of the hate they bring. And for the testing I did before the GP I can tell that this plan tends to mulligan ofted because you get plenty of hands with no action.

I apologize for the messy redaction... This is like my second post ever.

I hope this brief report is helpful for anyone thinkering with the mentor plan. I, for instance will keep using it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the magic dog View Post
    Hi, fellow onion bursters
    So I flew all the way from beaner land to seattle in order to burst some onions the way we manly men are supposed to... It ended up in a 5-3 drop result (I got sick because of the seattle weather... beautiful town though)

My list was the average tendrills and emrakul list, still with 1 chrome mox and 1 mox diamond. with the following sideboard:
    4 Monastery Mentor
    3 Dark Confidant
    1 cavern of souls

2 Chain of vapor
    2 pitting needle
    1 Serenity
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Duress

Im only sharing my experiences with the transformational sideboard, since I believe its the only thing worth mentioning. I didnt had the chance or the need to use the transformation up to R4, so:

***R4 Against Brian Rowe from Mythic MTG tech Grixis Pyromancer (with 4 Deathrite shamns)

G1: He keeps a hand with no disruption, so I bursted the onions on T2... and fizzled bcs I didnt found a second entomb. I won in T3 with the rakul attack.

G2: I sided all my combo out (4 entombs, 4 graves, 3 goryos, 2 griselbrands, 1 rakul and the 1 children) for the 15 cards of my side. He sides out all his sudden shocks and bolts.

I dont remember all the sequence of the game, but I mulliganed to 6 bcs my original 7 had no action (no mentor, no bob) and kept a hand of bob, land, petal, therapy, ponder and needle.
    He landed a deathrite on T1 and passed. I drew a probe and casted for life seeing that he kept a one lander with force of will, flustersrtorm, therapy and brainstorm. I baited out the force with the needle succesfully (he removed flusterstorm) and landed bob on t2 after he cantriped looking for land on his turn. Bob found mentor in 2 turns and by the time I landed the mentor he had already produced a Pyro... Let me tell you guys, its not even close. Obviously Bob did tons of work being unanswered for the whole game. I ended up with 9 prowes monks, bob and the mentor against 2 pyros. I won that game in a grindy and convincing way.

2-0

***R5 against Ryan with Miracles

G1: He is on the play and slams T1 top, T2 CB and blind flips a ponder when I was trying to burst the onions on T2... Locked out of the game.

G2: Sided all cards in the same way as in R4. This game was super long. He kept a hand with hate (RIP and Meding mage) and I kept a hand that would make a T1 Bob. Bob went unanswered for 4 or 5 turns and found me a mentor and a second Bob. By the time a landed the mentor he had CB with no top and I had a full grip. I started chipping away life and sneaked the second bob when I had the chance.
    At some point I succeeded in putting a needle on SdT before he could cast one. The game went long because he had blockers and StP to answer the mentors and Bob, but I did win.

G3: I did the routine of putting all my cards together to make him wonder if I was back on the Fins route, but I stayed on the mentor one. He ended up swapping his StP for the terminus he had sided out.
    I dont remember much of this game, but I won it mainly because he had a very slow hand and was struggling with the mana. At the end of the game he made a mistake with his miracle trigger.

2-1

I didnt have the chance of siding the mentor plan on any other of the rounds because I was being paired against reanimator or hate light archetypes. But I can say that I felt good with the transformational sideboard. Even on matches that I didnt use it, I never felt that I was missing options by siding in just the rest of the sideboard, but during all the GP I did wish that one of those chains or the duress was a Disfigure... I shouldve bought that sweet Russian foil I saw.

In the end I cant tell if this plan help us against matches like DnT or Miracles that are really hard because of the amount and diversity of the hate they bring. And for the testing I did before the GP I can tell that this plan tends to mulligan ofted because you get plenty of hands with no action.

I apologize for the messy redaction... This is like my second post ever.

I hope this brief report is helpful for anyone thinkering with the mentor plan. I, for instance will keep using it for a while.
    hey guys i m now preparing to play this beauty again, i was playing mostly miracles and storm since 2011 (more or less) for big tournaments, but i want to jam onions in MKM series and GPs ! i´m currently playing same maindeck as DK. but +1 tundra MD -1 sea, and playing man plan in side (3 bob, 4 mentor ) along with standart anti hate cards.

i find this cavern of sould interesting since even with the man plan i m struggling against miracles because of an early counter on my dude and can´t find buisness again fast enough, anyone else is trying this ? or you (frank) have some data from the sideboard cavern? or have a better plan agains miracles?
    «
    another question, if anyone could help me, is what to cut for example against miracles or bug delver since i want a man plan agains them ? not sure if my cuts are correct

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    hey guys i m now preparing to play this beauty again, i was playing mostly miracles and storm since 2011 (more or less) for big tournaments, but i want to jam onions in MKM series and GPs ! i´m currently playing same maindeck as DK. but +1 tundra MD -1 sea, and playing man plan in side (3 bob, 4 mentor ) along with standart anti hate cards.

i find this cavern of sould interesting since even with the man plan i m struggling against miracles because of an early counter on my dude and can´t find buisness again fast enough, anyone else is trying this ? or you (frank) have some data from the sideboard cavern? or have a better plan agains miracles?
    «
    another question, if anyone could help me, is what to cut for example against miracles or bug delver since i want a man plan agains them ? not sure if my cuts are correct
    I think that's the right land base if you're playing the Mentor board. Cavern of Souls seems like a great inclusion as a 1 or 2 of. If you're going for the full transformation, just board out the standard 15 like you do in Doomsday?

-2 Griselbrand
    -1 Children of Korlis
    -4 Entomb
    -1 Reanimate
    -4 Shallow Grave
    -3 Goryo's Vengeance

I've never played it though, so that's just where I would start.

I find it odd that you're having trouble finding business when you have almost the same amount of them post board (7) that we do maindeck reanimation spells (8). Maybe try a 4th Bob? Are you sure that you're cantripping to see the maximum amount of cards?

I think that's the right land base if you're playing the Mentor board. Cavern of Souls seems like a great inclusion as a 1 or 2 of. If you're going for the full transformation, just board out the standard 15 like you do in Doomsday?

-2 Griselbrand
    -1 Children of Korlis
    -4 Entomb
    -1 Reanimate
    -4 Shallow Grave
    -3 Goryo's Vengeance

I've never played it though, so that's just where I would start.

I find it odd that you're having trouble finding business when you have almost the same amount of them post board (7) that we do maindeck reanimation spells (8). Maybe try a 4th Bob? Are you sure that you're cantripping to see the maximum amount of cards?
    thanks for the quick answer, well i think i´m cantripping properly but your side out sugestion makes me realise that i don´t made the correct cuts, i usually bring in like 9/10 cards against miracles so part of the combo is still there, wich leads sometimes to awkward moments in the game where i draw "buisness" but not really usefull interations between the hate of my opp and my own hand.

i didn´t have a great sample to confirm that but i think that could be the problem. i´m gonna side out all 15 to start over and see if it gets better. ;) thanks for the advice

ps: starting to get some pimp for the deck, already had FBB tundras and korean mentors and dark rituals off the other "main" decks, lets get this masterpiece even more atractive :p

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    thanks for the quick answer, well i think i´m cantripping properly but your side out sugestion makes me realise that i don´t made the correct cuts, i usually bring in like 9/10 cards against miracles so part of the combo is still there, wich leads sometimes to awkward moments in the game where i draw "buisness" but not really usefull interations between the hate of my opp and my own hand.

i didn´t have a great sample to confirm that but i think that could be the problem. i´m gonna side out all 15 to start over and see if it gets better. ;) thanks for the advice

ps: starting to get some pimp for the deck, already had FBB tundras and korean mentors and dark rituals off the other "main" decks, lets get this masterpiece even more atractive :p
    ah good luck! i put the deck down for a bit as I don't have any major events coming up, so time to test some other things in the meantime. i should do some testing with mentor though (both with Bob as well as Top).

yay FBB's!

ah good luck! i put the deck down for a bit as I don't have any major events coming up, so time to test some other things in the meantime. i should do some testing with mentor though (both with Bob as well as Top).

yay FBB's!
    i have MKM series in december and then not sure what more in europe, but are comign some trials and i think i would jam this there ;)

i m gonna try a couple of sensei´s in the board, i just made a match against a fellow the sourcer (meffeo) and lost 2-1 against his bug delver, i made a full transformation and lost both sidebaord games ( but damn so so close both of them ) and i can resume that mentor just didn´t make it in time (1 turn short both games, but it was awesome games!) so just a single top in any of those games would made it , i know its just a match but without coombo we have to grind, so top seems to be very usefull.

Jan 2013
    MA, USA

Welcome Grizzlebees patrons!
    I've never had the pleasure to post in this thread before, but I've been a huge fan since its inception. My interest started with the sealab reference

and concreted itself with utilizing shallow grave. I have been playing a pretty standard list with 2x Lim-Dûl's Vault and a doomsday sideboard with my local group for quite some time.

One of the players in our group asked why i didn't go suicide black as a transformational sideboard instead and mono black with basics so I couldn't be wastelanded nor chalice of the voided in a longer match. I laughed at him and didn't dwell on it. Two weeks later while playing in our group, I got wastelanded out of several matches and with RUG on the uprise I figured maybe I'll entertain his idea. I have been cockatricing this list and while it's not optimal, it's a lot better than I was anticipating. Thoughts on a possible discounted onions option for those not willing or able to burst with USeas? Beseech the queen finding the lands combo has been pretty entertaining when it's pulled off. For the record, I still have my UB TinFins sleeved up and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

*EDIT* //CREATURES (6):
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1x Children of Korlis
    4x Griselbrand
    //*EDIT*

//ARTIFACTS (6):
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Chrome Mox
    1 Sensei's Divining Top

//SPELLS (34):
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    1 Reanimate
    1 Thoughtseize
    3 Goryo's Vengeance
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Beseech the Queen
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Unmask
    1 Snuff Out
    1 Contagion

//LANDS (14)
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Polluted Delta
    6 Swamp

//SIDEBOARD
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Phyrexian Negator
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    Last edited by scottpou; 11-19-2015 at 07:54 AM.

AKA - Vogmudet
    Jun 2012
    Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by scottpou View Post
    //ARTIFACTS (6):
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Chrome Mox
    1 Sensei's Divining Top

//SPELLS (34):
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    1 Reanimate
    1 Thoughtseize
    3 Goryo's Vengeance
    4 Shallow Grave
    4 Beseech the Queen
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Unmask
    1 Snuff Out
    1 Contagion

//LANDS (14)
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Polluted Delta
    6 Swamp

//SIDEBOARD
    4 Vampire Hexmage
    4 Phyrexian Negator
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    [/cards]
    Looks like you're missing about 6 cards from your list there. I'll assume something like 4 Griselbrands and some number of Emrakul?

Thread Information