Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174
Results 3,461 to 3,476 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    I do think this deck warrants testing Teferi, Time Raveler out of the sideboard though. We're in esper and it's a city of solitude that also can deal with Chalice. What's not to love? Outside of 3 CMC that is.
    I want to win a game by responding to their Tendrils of Agony with my Tendrils of Agony.

edit: Actually, I want to NOT LOSE the game by responding to their Tendrils with my Tendrils. Then I'll attack them to death with Children of Korlis the next turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    I want to win a game by responding to their Tendrils of Agony with my Tendrils of Agony.
    jfc this must be done
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Played this pile of Legacy-legal cards in a 26-person tournament Saturday. Full results and 16/26 decklists at http://lonestarlhurgoyfs.com/2019-07...egacy-Results/

R1: Brandon on RG EDH Deck - In two games, he cast two spells, both of which I had to read. T1 kill, T2 kill. 1-0 (2-0)

R2: Johnny on Death and Taxes - Had the full specturm of games. G1, killed him T3 or so. G2, boarded into Monks, still didn't get there. G3, see he's boarding heavily after seeing my monks, so I board back into the combo. He gets T2 Rest in Peace, T3 Thalia, and a bunch more hate. I battle valliantly and at one point am a mana away from being able to get a Griselbrand into play but he beats me down. 1-1 (3-2)

R3: Tim on Echoes of Eons Belcher - Finally, a fair match. G1, Tim makes 8 Goblins on T1 and passes, so I kill him. I don't board because boarding this matchup is for those who lack faith. He kills me T1. I continue to not board because I have faith in Griselbrand. I have a good hand but not an insta-kill. Tim makes a Belcher on T1 but doesn't have any mana to activate it. I get a Griselbrand and 21 cards isn't enough to secure the kill. T4, I get another Griselbrand, attack for 7 so I can draw, and still don't get there. I cast two CoBrus to get me over 7 again, then realize that Tim is at 2. I have Children out so I can start comboing but I figure I'll try this first - I shuffle the yard back in with Emmy, hoping to hit CoBru on my draw 7. I find it and kill with an anticlimactic CoBru. 2-1 (5-3)

R4: Kaider on Jeskai Stoneblade (I never saw a red card or even a red source) - G1, Control deck gonna Control deck. G2, Monks beat down hard. G3, return to the combo. I get a Teferi out on turn three and Entomb a Griselbrand turn 4. From there, I draw nothing of value. Eventually he gets a Narset, Parter of Veils, further limiting my ability to find anything useful. He eventually gets there. Ater the game, someone asks how I could've possibly kept that hand. I say, my dude, I had a Griselbrand in the yard with combo protection for seven consecutive turns - how much better did you want the hand to be? In any event, Kaider has to leave soon so even though he won in three, he gives me the match 2-0. 3-1 (7-3)

Doing the math, I think a draw has me 50/50 to make 8 on breakers. My opponent says we can definitely draw in. I flippantly respond "Yea I don't do that" so we sit down for round five.

R5: Nicholas on Grixis Control - I don't really remember anything other than not really having any idea what his deck was trying to do. Then I died 3-2 (7-5)

Nicholas ended up in third. I ended up in ninth. I guess I could've made top 8 after all.

As the event was for charity, I got a few people to commit to donate to the charity for each time I activated Griselbrand. The total count over five rounds was 43 activations for a total pledged donations of $344 to Houston Food Bank. A couple of the people who pledged are currently on vacation so I'll have the full followup on that on my website once it happens.

Teferi felt pretty good and I was kinda nnoyed I didn't play against more Blue to get to use him. Narset is dumb good against us. A lot of my losses it felt like I was just waiting to draw things. Maybe I've forgotten how to keep or maybe I was unlucky.

Tinfins is still super fun. I'm pretty sure I had more fun than anyone else in the tournament.
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Jan 2017
    TN

Honestly, it's really awesome that you dedicated your onion bursting for charity.
    Nice write-up. Short and sweet.

Also, didn't realize you had a blog, which is also very well put together.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by 8bit9mm View Post
    Also, didn't realize you had a blog, which is also very well put together.
    Why thank you! It's Ghost with just a few modifications - mostly removing features intended for blogs that have multiple writers.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

It's been a hot minute since I've picked up the deck, so I've made a document that's a sort of primer for 2019 to help me prepare for an upcoming event. I think Tinfins is decently positioned right now, since it's fast enough to go under permanents.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

For anyone wanting to see a list, I'd play something like this in an event:

It's in the document I shared, but I figure people would want to see a list in the forum if they didn't want to click a link.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Is this deck going to try out K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth? Seems like an ideal fit for the deck. Especially with Children of Korlis to get all that life back.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011
    Sheffield

Quote Originally Posted by guslandt View Post
    Is this deck going to try out K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth? Seems like an ideal fit for the deck. Especially with Children of Korlis to get all that life back.
    I'm really unsure why you would want or consider K'rrik. Griselbrand is a tool to draw cards/deck before deciding how you intend to win. K'rrik just becomes modestly big for an awful lot of effort, before dying at end of turn having swung for non-trample lifelink damage (assuming its not chumped or worst case TNN blocked and you lose the life).

I love me a good tin fins mashup, and we just got a new toy! Haven’t tried this yet. Yes, both halves are weak to the same interactions (though breach is actually quite resilient to surgical extraction). Maybe this is decent.

4 griselbrand
    4 dark ritual
    4 entomb
    4 shallow grave
    3 exhume
    1 unburial rites
    4 thoughtseize
    4 faithless looting
    4 underworld breach
    2 burning wish
    3 brain freeze
    4 led
    4 lotus petal
    15 land (hand waving the mana for now)

4 reverent silence
    1 exhume
    1 reanimate
    2 shenanigans
    1 ancient grudge
    1 tendrils
    1 empty the warrens
    1 grapeshot
    1 silent gravestone
    1 collective brutality
    1 gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Jblinder View Post
    I love me a good tin fins mashup, and we just got a new toy! Haven’t tried this yet. Yes, both halves are weak to the same interactions (though breach is actually quite resilient to surgical extraction). Maybe this is decent. Edit: It's not good, but it's pretty fun!

4 griselbrand
    4 dark ritual
    4 entomb
    4 shallow grave
    3 exhume
    1 unburial rites
    4 thoughtseize
    4 faithless looting
    4 underworld breach
    2 burning wish
    3 brain freeze
    4 led
    4 lotus petal
    15 land (hand waving the mana for now)

4 reverent silence
    1 exhume
    1 reanimate
    2 shenanigans
    1 ancient grudge
    1 tendrils
    1 empty the warrens
    1 grapeshot
    1 silent gravestone
    1 collective brutality
    1 gamble

Jun 2008
    Denver, CO

Anybody splashing green for Veil of Summer?

Cross post from Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c..._fish_data_to/

I played at General Games Malven here in Melbourne Australia yesterday, I had a blast catching up with people. This was the first time I’d played Legacy since November 2018 at GP Melbourne side event. I had two decks which are my own, Tin Fins and Lands. Lands is clearly a meta deck and benefits from knowing what the flex slots should be and also what you’re going to be playing against …. Both of which I did not know so Tin Fins it will be!

In G2 of my round 4 camera match had a weird spot, I cast Defence Grid on 12 life facing double flipped delvers, the idea being able to pass the turn and entomb / shallow grave. Steve surgicals my brainstorms in response and then attacks me down too 6 as expected. I petal for the turn so now have island, swamp & grid in play and ritual / shallow / entomb / petal in hand.

I tap swamp, cast ritual and entomb. As I’m thumbing through my deck I come across emrakul and pause, shall I sweep the board? Or is Griselbrand better here? I went with Emrakul because stringing together a kill from 6 life with only 1 draw 7 is really hard in Tin Fins … or so I thought. I sweep the board, Steve recovers in 3 turns to cast pyromancer and then kills me on his 6th turn.

I got chatting to the guy I’m giving a ride too about it on the way home and said my deck top decks really badly so I wonder if I should have just gone for it and he said gold fish it.

With the help of the stream I was able to perfectly recreate the two positions. I decided on 15 of each (10 didn’t seem enough and 20 was going to take AGES).

At the time I said it was all about finding CoK but if you read below you’ll see there is a number of lines that played out completely differently as the deck has some really weird lines!

Summary:

Entomb for Griselbrand = 6 wins, 9 losses

Entomb for Emrakul = 4 wins, 3 likely wins and 8 losses

So on the balance I think Griselbrand is straight up better here because the wins are clear and obvious. One thing I did notice is the value of ponder’s goes WAY up when someone has surgicaled your brainstorms, I found myself shuffling super aggressively in this situation which i didn’t do on camera (I wasn’t yet under pressure).

Addendum: Realised I did my deck a disservice, my deck was called #InGriselbrandWeTrust on the damn list.... and I didn't trust him :(

Addendum2: Link to the match https://www.twitch.tv/videos/548494606?t=1h52m33s

Addendum3: My alters as the stream chatted about them a few times. My deck is non-foiled with FBB's not beta as incorrectly said in the stream https://i.imgur.com/oxgUSxh.jpg

----------------------------------------Data--------------------------------------------

GB 1 - SG / Grisel / ThoughtS / Scrub / Delta / Cabal / Ritual -> play scrub, flash back Cabal (name bolt), EoT shallow, pass turn on 6, EoT Steve RFG Grisel, draw petal, crack delta for sea, ritual, sac both petals, Cast Grisel, Win

GB 2 - CoK / Petal / Delta / Sea / Ponder / Grisel / Shallow -> cast & crack petal, CoK, gain 7, draw 7, Grisel / Shallow / Goryo’s / Rit / Rit / flooded / Goryo’s -> Crack petal, 2xrit, shallow grave, gain 14, draw 14, easy win from here with 2 in pool, another petal and ritual and a shallow in hand - Win

GB 3 - Sea / 2x Delta / Petal / Rit / Verdant / thought s -> Die

GB 4 - 2x Petal / Scrubland / Grisel / Collective Brutality / Verdant / Reanimate -> play 2 petals, play scrub, cast collective escalate 1, target delver -2/-2 and drain him for 2 / gain 2, flash back cabal naming bolt, reanimate delver, pass turn on 7, go to 4 to delver beats & Steve casts Young pyro, revel ritual to delver & transform, pass turn, Steve cracks with both, trade delvers and fall to 2, top deck shallow grave, grave Grisel, attack for 7 and draw 7, swamp / ritual / delta x2 / Goryo’s / ponder / entomb, petal ponder, find CoK and cast of scrub gain 14, draw 7, Goyro’s / Thoughtseize / Delta / entomb x2 / sea / cabal, draw 7 more, Cabal / Grisel / Shallow / petal / goryos / Echo’ing / strand, cast petal, play sea, 2x rituals off sea, shallow grave CoK, gain 28 entomb emrakul, library is 33 cards, 2 petal & 1 mana floating, draw 7 & find petal / shallow / ritual to go with the 3 entombs in hand….. easy win after gaining 50+ life

GB 5 - Delta / petal / Thought / cabal / Grisel / scrubland / reanimate -> Die

GB 6 - 2x Thought / 2x entomb / 3x lands -> die

GB 7 - Shallow / Ponder / Reanimate / Petal / Thought / Delta / Verdant -> island, ponder into Ponder / 2x lands, shuffle, draw sea -> Die … if I took the ponder and fetched for a sea & pondered again -> 2x lands & cabal, shuffle into Sea -> Die

GB 8 - Scrubland / Cabal / Goryo’s / Shallow / Flooded / Entomb / thought -> play scrub -> entomb CoK & sac petal to shallow grave, gain 7 draw 7 - petal / entomb Grisel / thought / delta / Grisel / ponder, play petal & fetch for sea from delta, sac GB to cabal naming bolt, EOT Goyro’s back Grisel & discard 2nd Grisel to hand size, Steve casts pyro and passes back exiling Grisel, draw delta, ponder into ritual / petal / thought & shuffle, delta off blind -> die

GB 9 - Goryo’s / delta / thought / ponder / echoing truth / verdant / collective, delta for swamp, echoing truth 2x delver, flashback cabal naming delver pass turn, Steve plays pyro go, untap & draw ritual, ponder Emrakul / Ritual / Scrubland, draw emrakul ritual into collective with escalate discarding emrakul killing pyro and 2 to Steve, trigger on stack Goryo’s back emrakul for win

GB 10 - Goryo’s / swamp / cabal / thought / ritual / ponder / sea -> Ponder Reanimate / Cabal / Shallow, shuffle and draw shallow off blind, swamp flash back cabal, & EoT Goryro’s off petal, Steve casts pyro go, exile GB, untap & draw ritual -> Die

GB 11 - Thought x2 / Swamp / petal / griselbrand / ritual / entomb -> Die

GB 12 - Entomb / scrub / sea / petal / Goryo’s / thought, Sea & petal, flash back cabal & EoT Goryo’s, Steve casts pyro and passes back, exile Grisel, untap & draw thought -> die

GB 13 - petal / delta / goryro’s / emrakul / delta / shallow / entomb, petal, delta crack for swamp and entomb CoK, crack petal and tap island for Shallow on CoK, gain / draw 7, Goryo’s / echoing / delta / petal / grisel / shallow / thought - play petal & crack 2x to echoing truth delvers, flashback cabal naming delver, discard delta to hand size, Steve plays pyro, wastes sea & passes, draw collected, vengeance, attack for 7 & draw 7, cabal / Grisel / thought / entomb / echoing / ponder / petal, play petal & fetch for sea to shallow grave back CoK, sac CoK and go to 11, EoT discard to hand size a GB and pass turn with 2x instant reanimation for next turn - Win!

GB 14 - Ponder / Reanimate / Thought / Dark Ritual / Lotus Petal / Thought / Goryo’s, Ponder 2x land / Cabal, shuffle into Goryo’s, play petal & flashback cabal, EoT Goryo’s GB, Steve casts pyro and passes back exiling Grisel, draw verdant - Die

GB 15 - Sea / echoing / Goryo’s / reanimate / shallow / grisel / thought - sea, echoing truth 2x delver, flashback cabal naming delver pass turn, Steve plays pyro go, draw verdant, Goryo’s back Grisel, attack for 7 & draw 7, flooded / entomb / sea / scrubland / grisel / CoK / petal, play petal and crack for CoK gain 7 & draw 7, petal / cabal / delta / entomb / Goryo’s / thought / Goryo’s, play petal & scrub, cast shallow off swamp & scrub for CoK, gain 14, draw 7, swamp / cabal / petal / delta x2 / though / ritual, crack petal ritual for reanimate on CoK, draw 7 more … draw another ritual for 4 mana & shallow grave to gain 28 life? … easy win

I get 5 turns & 6 life before he kills me

Emrakul line - / = card drawn new turn

Emrakul GF1 - Flooded / Cabal / Collective, collective + escalate to kill pyro and gain 2, petal / sea / ritual / echoing truth / cabal / flooded / grisel = almost for sure die

Emrakul GF2 - Grisel / Reanimate / Ritual / Vengeance / cabal, ritual, cabal myself for grisel, attack for win

Emrakul GF3 - Goryo’s / ponder, ponder into (shallow, delta, ritual) , shuffle, thought off the blind, cabal / echoing, bounce pyro and cabal it saving petal, sea, collective / cabal / entomb entomb Grisel, Goryo’s back and attack for win

Emrakul GF4 - petal / verdant / Goryo’s / shallow / Tundra - Die

Emrakul GF5 - Petal / Sea / Goryo’s / Ponder, ponder into ( Delta, CoK, Cabal), shuffle sea, swamp - Die

Emrakul GF6 - Ritual / Swamp / Petal / Delta / Entomb - Die

Emrakul GF7 - Goryo’s / grid, play it / delta / entomb - win

Emrakul GF8 - Verdant / ritual / tundra / ritual / CoK, sac petal for CoK, entomb / delta / Goryo’s - likely win cause CoK would block the pyro

Emrakul GF9 - Entomb / verdant / grid, play grid, sea / ponder, play ponder (thought, shallow, delta) shuffle into thought - die

Emrakul GF10 - Entomb / Entomb / goyro’s - win

Emrakul GF11 - Sea / Delta / delta / ponder, ponder into (Entomb, ponder, sea) draw entomb, draw & cast ponder (sea, flooded, cabal) shuffle, draw scrub off blind - Die

Emrakul GF12 - Tundra / grid, play grid, ponder, play ponder (Entomb, ritual, cabal) draw entomb, cast it to find Grisel, draw sea / draw entomb - die

Emrakul GF13 - Scrub / delta / delta / shallow / petal - die

Emrakul GF14 - Echoing / cabal / shallow, cast echoing + cabal his pyro sacaing petal, delta (play), Goryo’s / petal / grisel / ponder, cast (reanimate, cabal, sea) draw reanimate, reanimate his delver fall to 5 & transform it off the cabal, likely win

Emrakul GF15 - petal / delta / reanimate, cast reanimate on his delver, check & draw grisel, check and draw flooded, check, transform and draw shallow, attack for 3

Was post board on the play, -4 unmask +2 Echoing +2 defense grid

#InGriselbrandWeTrust
    //Plate spinners
    4 Ponder
    4 Brainstorm

//The “Go baby!” Button
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual

//The Rack (the beginning of the end)
    1 Reanimate
    4 Entomb
    4 Shallow Grave
    3 Goryo’s Vengeance

//Pain
    3 Our lord and Saviour “Griselbrand”
    1 The flying spaghetti monster herself “Emrakul, the Aeons Torn”
    1 lambs to the slaughter the “Children of Korlis”

//Suffering
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Thoughtsezie
    4 Unmask
    1 Collective Brutality

//Spell casters the slow way
    1 Island
    2 Swamp
    1 Verdant Catacomb
    2 Flooded strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Tundra
    1 Scrubland
    2 Underground Sea
    //Sideboard
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Echoing Truth
    3 Serenity
    2 Massacre
    2 Defence Grid
    2 Jace, Vyrn’s Prodigy

This deck seems pretty popular nowadays on MTGO, EW Landon playing it as well instead of regular BR Reanimator. Pretty surprised to find this thread on page 3. What's its weak spots in the current meta anyhoo?

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Daize View Post
    This deck seems pretty popular nowadays on MTGO, EW Landon playing it as well instead of regular BR Reanimator. Pretty surprised to find this thread on page 3. What's its weak spots in the current meta anyhoo?
    Main weaknesses:

Adult beverages
    ADHD
    General disinterest in Legacy and MtG as a whole
    Fatty meats
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...deboard_guide/

Deck is reasonable right now.
    81 tracked matches (LOT more played on this build; only recently started tracking with some rigor); 69.14% winrate right now (leagues/premier events only)

Quote Originally Posted by walked View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...deboard_guide/

Deck is reasonable right now.
    81 tracked matches (LOT more played on this build; only recently started tracking with some rigor); 69.14% winrate right now (leagues/premier events only)
    What about 1 collective brutality maindeck? Maybe for one of the dazes? Allows you to do an emrakul loop to kill the opponent vs something like an ensnaring bridge. Those situations may be corner cases, but collective brutality isn’t an embarrassing card in its own right either.

Thread Information