Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
That's a weird list - it looks like some bizarro update from lists about 2-3 years ago.

I don't get the second scrubland. That seems odd - probably because of Mentor, but I'd still rather it be a Sea. Petals make white just fine.

Chrome Mox in general isn't needed - there is data somewhere in this thread (from a couple years ago) that Acclimation and I gathered over hundreds of games, that IMO basically tells you that you're only gaining about 1% less chance of fizzling by running a Chrome Mox. The second we didn't gather data on - but it's just SO bad pre-combo, I'm not sure why you would want it.

I like Unmask in this deck a lot (when you're running 3-4 Griselbrands anyway) these days, and they can essentially take the place of Thoughtseize. And I don't see a good reason to not run Collective Brutality or Tendrils maindeck either. Collective Brutality has a lot more utility at very little functional cost (just time) over Tendrils, so I would run that.
^Agreed 98%, I disagree on the chrome mox but I am playing a different deck which may rely on it as a crutch.

I like running 4 griselbrands just because that is a card we need to enter the grave one way or another. I wasn't sure if the 2 of was a UB thing.

I found that you didn't need both emrakul and tendrils to win, but emrakul aids the tendrils win. Which lead me to the conclusion of not wanting tendrils in my 75. Then I played against lands and was locked out by glacial chasm. A tendrils effect (life loss) is absolutely necessary for corner cases like this, but with collective brutality I don't see a reason to run tendrils anymore, at least for the time being.