Page 103 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Re: TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    There are so many better options than Hoodwink that fill the role of "get rid of Chalice @ 1" for 2 mana. While I understand that bouncing Karakas or Maze of Ith is applicable in this case, I don't think we care. Simply getting Griselbrand (Bargain mode) into play is a winning line 80% of the time.
    Hence the copies of Serenity in your older sideboards, as that deals with Chalice as well as Counterbalance+Top, Canonist, Lodestone Golem, Revoker, and Pithing Needle. Hoodwink doesn't deal with hatebears at all, so Chain of Vapor still needs to get the nod in other cases due to efficiency, and a storm engine in a pinch.

Maze of Ith and Karakas are very beatable without bouncing them or Needling them. Karakas is a little tougher as you need a high life total, but most of those decks aren't putting a ton of pressure on early anyway.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Hence the copies of Serenity in your older sideboards, as that deals with Chalice as well as Counterbalance+Top, Canonist, Lodestone Golem, Revoker, and Pithing Needle. Hoodwink doesn't deal with hatebears at all, so Chain of Vapor still needs to get the nod in other cases due to efficiency, and a storm engine in a pinch.

Maze of Ith and Karakas are very beatable without bouncing them or Needling them. Karakas is a little tougher as you need a high life total, but most of those decks aren't putting a ton of pressure on early anyway.
    I've actually switched to the reactive boarding plan on the first page. I haven't gotten to test it out yet, but it feels like it's a) plain better and b) a lot more consistent.
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Acclimation would agree with you and before GP Denver, so would've I. However, it's been my current for quite some time and it did okay, but in the current meta, I would probably prefer Doomsday. I'm looking into grabbing a set of LEDs. The irony is that one of the things I liked about this list is that it didn't use LED as a full-on combo list.

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Acclimation would agree with you and before GP Denver, so would've I. However, it's been my current for quite some time and it did okay, but in the current meta, I would probably prefer Doomsday. I'm looking into grabbing a set of LEDs. The irony is that one of the things I liked about this list is that it didn't use LED as a full-on combo list.
    I'm doing some work for a friend that should score me a set of LEDs + other stuff, so I'll definitely give it a shot as well!
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I think I need a hug.

Preferably from someone with axes for hands.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Meh, I'm thinking of embracing a certain freshly unbanned Dragon. I'm excited.

From my phone. I do my best, dammit!

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Meh, I'm thinking of embracing a certain freshly unbanned Dragon. I'm excited.

Et tu, Bee?

Honestly, I think WGD is interesting, but I don't see how just trying to jam it out as fast as possible is going to be anything but strictly worse than this deck. Our reanimation target is a draw engine, WGD just isn't. I think it would be more interesting to jam into something like BUG Nic Fit that could slow roll and control the board.

Sorry, I'm probably just salty after getting sassed by people with 6 fucking posts that don't have any idea how this deck works, but won't take 10 minutes to read the goddamn primer. Too many awesome people have put time and effort into this for me not to get pissed when I see shit like "Reanimator has always been about "I win," however, it's never had an "I win this turn" combo."
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Yes, ignorance is frustrating, but then again that's something I like about this deck, it catches people unawares. I saw some of that sass, and the saltiness seems warranted. I have an interest in WGD because I have never played vintage and as one who enjoys combo, I find this enjoyably nostalgic, while being conveniently cheap enough to play (finally, that's why I'm excited!).

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

I think I need a hug.

Preferably from someone with axes for hands.
    Worldgorger Combo seems so much worse than Tin Fins it's not even funny.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Where is my like button for this?

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

WGD combo is Shitfins.

The only reasons why you would play that deck over this are because

a) you don't own Griselbrands
    b) you are nostalgic
    c) "it was banned, therefore it must be bah-roken"

I can appreciate wanting to brew, but playing all of those suboptimal cards just looks like a bad time.

Just lurking in those threads is hilarious.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    WGD combo is Shitfins.

b) you are nostalgic

I can appreciate wanting to brew, but playing all of those suboptimal cards just looks like a bad time.

Hahahaha. Golden.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    WGD combo is Shitfins.

b) you are nostalgic

Well, at least we have a name for it.

Honestly, whilst I like bursting onions as mkuch as the next guy, I find it funny that I can finally replay with my favourite banned card.

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation
    Shitfins.

You do realize that that term can backfire to this deck, right?

I guess if this deck has been putting up results in major circuits outside of your local one-stop shop people will notice. After 2000+ posts and 100+ pages, quite frankly it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Nov 2005
    Fairfax VA

This deck IS shitfins. I've seen crap out on itself so many times. But still, I love the concept behind it. I completely agree with everyone when it comes to WGD being suboptimal. Keep brewing people! I love watching this thing in action.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

I'm just about positive nobody thinks WGD combo is better than this deck. Just like with Land Tax unbanning, there was a short burst of energy of people trying to figure out some new age parfait and brainstorming (till eventually throwing in towel). Just like Jeskai Ascension, it'll eventually wash over and that will be that.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

May 2013
    Des Moines, IA

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    Where is my like button for this?
    +1

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    You do realize that that term can backfire to this deck, right?

I guess if this deck has been putting up results in major circuits outside of your local one-stop shop people will notice. After 2000+ posts and 100+ pages, quite frankly it isn't.
    Eh, go look at results for yourself: http://tcdecks.net/tipo.php?archetyp...&format=Legacy

Are we headed for DTB? Not any time soon, especially with Cruise and U/R Skillgame out. Still, if you think TinFins is a shitty deck, you're entitled to that opinion. I just don't see how you can feel that way, then come to the conclusion that needing an extra combo piece, going a turn slower, and adding vulnerability to Decay, Swords, and Waste is in any way a good idea.

For the 1000000th time, I'm not writing off WGD entirely. I just think that trying to jam him out ASAP with Rituals and Petals is just going to leave you with a shittier version of what you apparently think is a shitty deck to begin with.

I already stated that mine is strictly nostalgic in nature. I played a Legacy UG Madness list in 04 at a Vintage side event at KC Nationals, beating a fully powered and Bazaar'ed Dragon deck. I beat him 2-1 and was very proud. I loved his deck and ever since, I've been thinking about the card and finally have an opportunity to get to try it out. I think I will. As for TinFins, it's at least as good as ANT/Reanimator, it just doesn't have the following of traditional storm/reanimate decks. I wouldn't play it otherwise. I'm a Spike/Johnny, and my deck choices reflect this.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Eh, go look at results for yourself: http://tcdecks.net/tipo.php?archetyp...&format=Legacy

Are we headed for DTB? Not any time soon, especially with Cruise and U/R Skillgame out. Still, if you think TinFins is a shitty deck, you're entitled to that opinion. I just don't see how you can feel that way, then come to the conclusion that needing an extra combo piece, going a turn slower, and adding vulnerability to Decay, Swords, and Waste is in any way a good idea.

For the 1000000th time, I'm not writing off WGD entirely. I just think that trying to jam him out ASAP with Rituals and Petals is just going to leave you with a shittier version of what you apparently think is a shitty deck to begin with.
    This right here.

I love brewing, and seeing a card come off the ban list is awesome, but people are trying to make a worse version of our deck, which people already dismiss as a flash in the pan deck.

Instead of making a worse version of our deck, do something different, something that gives you a reason to play that combination of cards. If people don't innovate, then WGD is going to fade away into obscurity.

I mean, hell, you're using an interaction that provides infinite mana and plays well with enter the battlefield effects, something that has been pushed heavily in recent years, there has to be something good.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Thread Information