Page 98 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Re: TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTim View Post
    Not to argue in favour of the red splash, but I have yet to see any discussion with regard to a list that eschews blue for ONLY Burning Wish and Faithless Looting (which can be a strong addition). This adds the toolbox nature of Burning Wish (including a Stronghold Gambit in the board) and maintains some cantrip / discard ability without the recklessness of LED. If I missed such a discussion in the 90+ pages, I apologize. But a strong local player runs such a list with positive results. I will try to get his full 75. Additional apologies for resurrecting this unpopular topic, I'm finally catching up on the last few days.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ing-Reanimator

Enchanter
    Oct 2005
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTim View Post
    Lol, I posted it in their thread about a year ago when they told me to bring it here. I never really seriously piloted it but my buddy swears by it.

It looks something like this...
    Draw, play Island, GG?

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
    Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Mar 2013
    Richmond, VA

So I couldn't play the deck at the open but I played it in 2 daily events last week the first one I streamed and you can watch the replay on my channel the second time I wasn't streaming and this was the result/list.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/253782#online

I plan on stream with the deck for at least the next week.

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Link to stream?
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

He posted it earlier in the thread here
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilevo View Post
    So I couldn't play the deck at the open but I played it in 2 daily events last week the first one I streamed and you can watch the replay on my channel the second time I wasn't streaming and this was the result/list.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/253782#online

I plan on stream with the deck for at least the next week.
    I think you missed my post but I have updated the sideboard for the deck:

3 Duress
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Empty the Warens
    1 Meltdown
    1 Reanimate
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Exhume
    1 Buried Alive
    1 Massacre
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Void Snare
    1 Treasure Cruise
    1 Show and Tell

I think having green mana in the deck makes the deck too unstable. You still have very good wish targets this way so I don't think you lose very much by not having abrupt decay.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=76812

Hey, look, 9th place at SCGATL.

Some interesting choices.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Mar 2013
    Richmond, VA

@Pomegrant: I saw your post but I kinda like the original SB with abrupt decay sometimes you get locked under the counterbalance.

@Acclimation: I think that list should have tendrils in the main.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=76812

Hey, look, 9th place at SCGATL.

Some interesting choices.
    17 card sideboard?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Guessing the Island and Swamp in the sideboard are errors

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

so 3 Griselbrand, 2 Children of Korlis, 1 Show and Tell, 0 Tendrils.

Would love to know how often he children-looped the deck to hardcast Emrakul, and what led him to cut Tendrils...
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

17 card sideboard?
    Island and Swamp in SB are confirmed errors, he posted a report on another site.

Quote Originally Posted by warfordium View Post
    so 3 Griselbrand, 2 Children of Korlis, 1 Show and Tell, 0 Tendrils.

Would love to know how often he children-looped the deck to hardcast Emrakul, and what led him to cut Tendrils...
    The list is based off Allen Pennington's list, and he feels Tendrils is redundant when Gris/Emrakul can just kill an opponent usually. The deck does just win with attacking with both or hardcasting Emrakul, though the SnT is a change.

Probably just a maindecked out to graveyard hate. With all the cantripping, you hit it as often as Reanimate.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by wonderPreaux View Post
    Island and Swamp in SB are confirmed errors, he posted a report on another site.

The list is based off Allen Pennington's list, and he feels Tendrils is redundant when Gris/Emrakul can just kill an opponent usually. The deck does just win with attacking with both or hardcasting Emrakul, though the SnT is a change.
    Where's the report posted? Would be interested in reading his experience.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Hello guys,
    I have started playing this deck for diversion from ANT, and although finding a good mb configuration, I somehow struggle to find a suitable SB.
    I know that there are several routes one can take but I am unsure which one is the best. My meta is too small for mindgaming people with a Doomsday SB. At least that is my guess.
    Nonetheless, I have thought about a reactive SB with Young Pyromancer (MB Badlands) which has been the MVP in ANT for a while. But on the other hand, this decks strategy is by far
    inferior to ANT's because ANT could still win via Tendrils supported by Pyromancer and Tin Fins eventually would need 20 Pyromancer dmg to win. (after, let's say a resolved RiP or Cage or whatever)
    Has anyone of you already tried Young Pyromancer? Or is this simply a crappy idea?
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Nov 2012
    Mansfield PA

Drew Levin just did an article mentioning the gp list that went 12-3 and this weekends list :)

I just found the Doomsday sideboard primer linked to in the first post, and I have to say it has rejuvenated my interest in the deck. I know not everyone loves transformational sideboards, but with the amount of graveyard hate I experience in post-sideboard games at every tournament I attend, I definitely appreciate a sideboard option that completely nullifies it, and Show and Tell was never consistent enough.

My question for those of you familiar with the Doomsday plan is, why do we need the Storm option alongside the Shelldock option? I ask partly for budgetary reasons, as I just recently sold my Lion's Eye Diamonds, but I also really don't understand the necessity. I suppose there are some corner cases where you need the Storm win, like Karakas + Wasteland, but I feel like adding additional redundancy like Preordains or Burning Wishes would be more beneficial than having two Doomsday win-cons. I'm probably missing something.

Either way, I'm truly excited to give this a shot and learn more about Doomsday.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by kihachi View Post
    I just found the Doomsday sideboard primer linked to in the first post, and I have to say it has rejuvenated my interest in the deck. I know not everyone loves transformational sideboards, but with the amount of graveyard hate I experience in post-sideboard games at every tournament I attend, I definitely appreciate a sideboard option that completely nullifies it, and Show and Tell was never consistent enough.

My question for those of you familiar with the Doomsday plan is, why do we need the Storm option alongside the Shelldock option? I ask partly for budgetary reasons, as I just recently sold my Lion's Eye Diamonds, but I also really don't understand the necessity. I suppose there are some corner cases where you need the Storm win, like Karakas + Wasteland, but I feel like adding additional redundancy like Preordains or Burning Wishes would be more beneficial than having two Doomsday win-cons. I'm probably missing something.

Either way, I'm truly excited to give this a shot and learn more about Doomsday.
    Doomsday... so, Shelldock is really really slow, and necessitates a pass the turn pile. Tendrils is much faster as you win the turn you cast Doomsday, and don't let them draw another card. Shelldock is more easily disrupted too. A few things they can play that screw with it:

Karakas
    Wasteland
    Pithing Needle
    Meddling Mage naming Emrakul (this happened against Wanderlust)
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Stifle

And I'm sure there are boat loads more. In summary - Shelldock/Emrakul is really only good against slower grindy decks without much of a clock (e.g. Miracles).

Really though... seriously guys. Go to the Doomsday thread or Stormboards to learn about Doomsday. This is totally not the right place. Learn how to play DDFT for a while (like a year or more), and then use the transformation.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Hello guys,
    I have started playing this deck for diversion from ANT, and although finding a good mb configuration, I somehow struggle to find a suitable SB.
    I know that there are several routes one can take but I am unsure which one is the best. My meta is too small for mindgaming people with a Doomsday SB. At least that is my guess.
    Nonetheless, I have thought about a reactive SB with Young Pyromancer (MB Badlands) which has been the MVP in ANT for a while. But on the other hand, this decks strategy is by far
    inferior to ANT's because ANT could still win via Tendrils supported by Pyromancer and Tin Fins eventually would need 20 Pyromancer dmg to win. (after, let's say a resolved RiP or Cage or whatever)
    Has anyone of you already tried Young Pyromancer? Or is this simply a crappy idea?

Oh yeah, I meant to reply to this too. I personally haven't tried it, as I haven't played around with a red splash in a very long time. I certainly can't say it's a "crappy" idea, per se, but I am wary of splashing another maindeck. As I have been for a long time. But, possibly in a Burning Wish build, it could be a sweet sideboard plan? Test it and see?

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Oh yeah, I meant to reply to this too. I personally haven't tried it, as I haven't played around with a red splash in a very long time. I certainly can't say it's a "crappy" idea, per se, but I am wary of splashing another maindeck. As I have been for a long time. But, possibly in a Burning Wish build, it could be a sweet sideboard plan? Test it and see?
    Honestly, 2 white sources is a little excessive considering it's just for Children maindeck and 2 Serenities postboard. Serenity mostly comes in against Miracles, where they don't pressure your lands, and against MUD, where you can't really win. Erm. I mean you just have to fetch intelligently and one Serenity should do it. Splashing a white source and a red source isn't that unreasonable, and I've played lists with 2 Gemstones before and they were fine.

CabalTherapy -
    About the Pyromancer though, I'm not sure it's a great idea. Most Miracles will leave in a couple Terminus for mising Emrakul, and I often find white decks leaving in a couple Swords because they think it's good (even though they're wrong). Figuring out the sideboard has been the problem with this deck pretty much for as long as it's been a thing.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Thread Information