Page 91 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3476

Thread: [Deck] TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

Enchanter
    Oct 2005
    Albany, NY

Re: TinFins 3: Return of the Onion Burst

What do we do about Containment Priest? What does the current sideboard look like?
    Draw, play Island, GG?

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
    Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Discard seems pretty good against it. Alternatively, win on T1 before it comes into play. :)
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Bounce it, slaughter it and it's friends with Massacre, discard it, just win before it comes down, hope your opponent is dumb and taps out for something else the turn you combo off.

Just the standard work arounds.
    Tinfins & Bizarro Stormy & Belcher & DDFT
    @acclimation6 on twitter
    Back to back t1 kills at SCG STL 2013:
    https://youtu.be/kk3crCPsNLg

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Acclimation has solved the deck. Thread CLOSED.

Quote Originally Posted by toor View Post
    Whats the advantage of this deck over Reanimator?

I assume its faster g1, but are there certain matchups where this deck just has a better plan? D&T has been kind of irritating to me lately, but I am not sure this deck would have a much better matchup. It seems better vs Kararakas, but worse against revoker/Thalia/GY hate.
    My experience has been that this deck has been an absolute beast against DnT. The karakas is irrelevant. I'm faster than their vial or thalia. Mother of runes does not protect against Massacre. Post-board I clear all the creature early or late and set my own pace because they don't use countermagic. I can take out probes post-board as well as the maindeck silence to bring in any combination of bounce, serenity and massacre. Serenity has been good but even letting someone resolve and feel safe with surgical is nuts when casting pull from eternity.

DnT is why I won't play sneak and show right now and this deck is too fast and TOO MUCH FUN to stop.

Too many people misplay around it.

My problem has been that I do not mull aggresively enough.

I have, however gone top 8 in 2 recent GPTs and intend on packing this for Jersey.
    ::: CURRENTLY PLAYING :::
    Tin-Fins (Legacy)
    Goryo's Vengeance (Modern)

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTim View Post
    What do we do about Containment Priest? What does the current sideboard look like?
    I've just been thinking about treating it like any other card from death and taxes but have also considered running a 1-of Slaughter Pact in the board.
    Tin-Fins (Legacy)

I am actually curious if anyone is still playing Surgical Extraction in their sideboards and if so, for what matchup? I think i have only sided it in against regular reanimator and found that it only seemed to slow me down.

Anyone else have insights on it's uses and value?
    Tin-Fins (Legacy)

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    I am actually curious if anyone is still playing Surgical Extraction in their sideboards and if so, for what matchup? I think i have only sided it in against regular reanimator and found that it only seemed to slow me down.

Anyone else have insights on it's uses and value?
    I occasionally bring it in against Show and Tell and against ANT/TES. It can give us both disruption and information and without much cost to us.

Obviously, it's great against opposing graveyard decks, but it's not too bad to bring in against other combo decks.
    @acclimation6 on twitter

Some tinfins players in NJ?

Sir Phobos
    Apr 2013
    St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    There better be, the deck has a good ur delver matchup and can blow the unprepared out of the water.
    @acclimation6 on twitter

Enchanter
    Oct 2005
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    I will be registering an unconventional list in just an hour or so. Will certainly post a report of some kind.
    Draw, play Island, GG?

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
    Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Jan 2006
    Boulder, CO

.dk is on Tin Fins today and as is 4-1 so far.

Update: .dk is now 6-1, just has to win one of the next two matches to day 2.
    Update 2: .dk made it to day 2 on 7-2!
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 11-15-2014 at 11:13 PM.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

So... I took this beast to 12-3 good for 58th out of 4003 at GP NJ! Full report coming in the next couple days, but this was an incredibly epic event. This deck loves me sometimes.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Hi guys!
    I am following this thread since months and I play Tin Fins for quite a while now. If you are ok to excuse my non-native english grammar, I'd like to share with you some though I had:

Right now, it seems that Containment Priest is been played lot. Moreover, five of six white decks in the Top16 of the GP NJ played two Containment Priest in their sideboard. What is very interessting about this fact is that all thoses players chose to take Rest In Peace out for Containment Priest (hereafter: CP). And i bet this will be a more general tendence in the Legacy field for some time. And it seems to me that for us, CP is easier to deal with than RiP due to Massacre (which btw could maybe be packed x3 for this reason?). So CP could have been one of the best thing that could have happend to Tin Fins, excepted the fact that TC has pulled Shardless BUG out of the DTB, making Deathrite Shaman much less common (but still played, ofc: DRS is still one of the most broken card mtg has ever seen!).

So thank to TC and now CP, we have less DRS and less RiP ...guys, what the hell are we waiting for to take Tin Fins where it belongs: to the Top(8)?

Now some questions i have:
    1) I see more list playing two Children of Korlis MainDeck. Why could that be? Is that really needed?
    2) Also, a lot of people are palying 2 Chrome Mox MD (plus 4 Petal Lotus, obv.). Again, is that needed and why? And what would you take out for doing +1 Children, +1 Chrome Mox?
    3) Finaly, I know Pull from Eternity has allready been discussed here and was considered as too slow or useless, but it is played again in some lists. Why is that card bad exactly?
    4) Thanks in advance!

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgobs View Post
    Now some questions i have:
    1) I see more list playing two Children of Korlis MainDeck. Why could that be? Is that really needed?
    2) Also, a lot of people are palying 2 Chrome Mox MD (plus 4 Petal Lotus, obv.). Again, is that needed and why? And what would you take out for doing +1 Children, +1 Chrome Mox?
    3) Finaly, I know Pull from Eternity has allready been discussed here and was considered as too slow or useless, but it is played again in some lists. Why is that card bad exactly?
    4) Thanks in advance!
    Most of he lists that run 2 Children and 2 Chrome Mox are just being lazy and copying old lists that made T8. Dont pay attention to these lists. You dont need more than 1 Children, and on rare occasion are 2 Chrome Mox justified.

Simarly, Pull from Eternity is cute but not the best tool in light of RIP pr Leyline of the Void which it cannot answer. In most cases Chain of Vapor and Massacre deal with all the pieces of hate you are most worried about.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor

Jul 2007
    Europe

So... I took this beast to 12-3 good for 58th out of 4003 at GP NJ! Full report coming in the next couple days, but this was an incredibly epic event. This deck loves me sometimes.
    Great result. I can't wait to read about some sweet DD blowouts.

Hey guys! I just wanted to come in here ans see if any of you played (and beat) an Imperial Painter player in round 5 in NJ.

I was so blown away by Nic-Fit with a Doomsday package that I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed they deck. I would assume you are on here since you had a "The Source" playmat.

Probably .dk.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

yep, that would have been me. Was a fun match - thanks for the games! Glad to see so many sourcers there!

yep, that would have been me. Was a fun match - thanks for the games! Glad to see so many sourcers there!
    That was one of the most interesting matches I played all weekend. While I did not enjoy losing, seeing a Tin-Fins/Doomsday list that killed me with an Emrakul under a Shelldock Isle made losing the match a bit more enjoyable.

Again, it was a pleasure playing with you!

Dk, can we see the list you ran, please?

Thread Information