Thread: Trip to Japan in August: Need a place to stay and tournament suggestions

Jun 2007
    Germany

Trip to Japan in August: Need a place to stay and tournament suggestions

Hi there,

as the title says we are visiting Japan for two weeks. This will be from 14th of August to 28th of August this year. We're two guys from Germany, both 23-years old, and we'd like to get a better understanding of the people and the japanese culture. And of course we'd like to play a few tournaments ;). Therefore we're looking forward for locals that are willing to give us a place to stay for a few nights and maybe like to show us around. There isn't much we need. Just a place to sleep and shower.

These are the cities we'd like to visit and where we'd like to stay:

Tokyo (this is our starting point since Tokyo Narita is our airport)
    Ōsaka
    Kyōto
    Fukuoka
    Kōbe
    Hiroshima
    Nagoya

If you're are living in another interesting city and are willing to give us a place to stay for a few nights, we are willing to take this city into consideration to visit :).

If you like, you can contact us via forum or via Facebook.

A picture of us will be posted within the next two weeks.

Thanks in advance and maybe we'll see you at some tournaments in Japan in August ;),

Erik Hegemann and Dennis Rosinski
    GP Ghent 2012 - 37th out of 1,345
    Bazaar of Moxen VI 2012 - Vintage - Winner out of 337
    Maintal Legacy April 2012 - Top 8 out of 127
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy - Top 4 out of 633
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy last chance trial - Top 16 out of 146
    GP Gothenburg 2010 Side Event Legacy - Top 16 out of 132

Nov 2010
    Japan

Re: Trip to Japan in August: Need a place to stay and tournament suggestions

I'm actually moving to Japan in August myself. I'll be staying pretty far north of the areas you'll be visiting (I'll be in Aomori, which is the northernmost part of the main island). I don't think there's much Legacy in my area though, but if I find something, I think that the JR Passes for Tourists are basically unlimited fare for a certain span of time, and I could certainly give you a place to stay--the only inconvenience, I imagine, would be the time it takes to get up there and back. I'm afraid that I'm not much help with your lodging request, but I was in Osaka the last time I was in Japan, and Big Magic Nipponbashi in Osaka was a blast to play at--it's just a bitch to find because it's on one of the top floors of a building that wasn't marked in a way that made it easy to identify as the one with the card shop in it. I've also heard good things about Saito's store in Tokyo, the Hareruya. If I can find the time, (I'm moving for a job), it'd be cool to meet up with you guys there.

Jun 2007
    Germany

Re: Trip to Japan in August: Need a place to stay and tournament suggestions

Hi Namida,

first of all thanks for your help. Although Aomori is really high up in the north, it is at least a first starting point :-). I have to thank you for your store-suggestions, too. I hope we're able to check them out.

Yeah, it would be really nice to meet you there :-). If you like you can give me your contact-data in Japan, if you already know them via PM.

Does anyone know if there are Vintage-tournaments in Japan? :-) Actually we are glad of hearing about almost every tournament in each Format (except EDH and Highlander) :-P.
    GP Ghent 2012 - 37th out of 1,345
    Bazaar of Moxen VI 2012 - Vintage - Winner out of 337
    Maintal Legacy April 2012 - Top 8 out of 127
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy - Top 4 out of 633
    Bazaar of Moxen V 2011 - Legacy last chance trial - Top 16 out of 146
    GP Gothenburg 2010 Side Event Legacy - Top 16 out of 132

Thread Information