Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate Griselbrand

Re: I hate Griselbrand

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    people said "last oomphteen events show Brainstorm isn't dominating" and "top8s are disagreeing with you". I used statistic evidence to prove them wrong. It is very effective.
    Alright, then we could argue that Force of Will should also be banned since it too is dominating according to your reasoning.

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by rxavage View Post
    Funny thing about statistics is that you can use them to "prove" whatever you want.
    So is this a "math is for idiots" type of argument? Because statistics are actually useful for certain things. But go ahead. Use that statistic to prove that Brainstorm should not be banned.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Alright, then we could argue that Force of Will should also be banned since it too is dominating according to your reasoning.
    Add Wasteland to the list too...

So is this a "math is for idiots" type of argument? Because statistics are actually useful for certain things. But go ahead. Use that statistic to prove that Brainstorm should not be banned.
    You present such a sound argument and all my perceptions have been shattered. What "maths" have you actually used? It seems you haven't done any work except provide a link, good job.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Ban Ban Ban BAn BAn Ban bAN baN!

Okay, we're done here. Move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

Tao, your assertion, if I'm understanding you correctly, is that since Brainstorm sees the most play across all tournament placing Legacy decks, it should be banned. Fine. Let's say you get your wish and Brainstorm is banned solely because it is the most played Legacy card. Then what? Are we going to ban Force of Will (which would presumably become the new #1)? How far do we go with banning simply because it sees a lot of play?

Aug 2011
    Italy

What should be the difference between the most played card and the second in the list or the avarage number of each card played to require a ban? If the only argument derived from those statistics is Brainstorm should be banned because it's at the top of the list I wouldn't recommend giving that set of directives to a computer to process. Because..

while (Legacy == 1)
    if countof(TopOfTheList) == 1
    ban TopOfTheList.card

You can see where this is going..

Edit: This forum eats the space and tab characters so I hope you guys don't give syntax errors. Also the name of this thread should be changed to "I HATE Brainstorm" which actually what this is.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

We need to change the name of this thread to "I Heart Griselbrand". Now I can use my attack step AND combo off in the same deck. Also, scythe hands?! What's not to love?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Ban Ban Ban BAn BAn Ban bAN baN!

Okay, we're done here. Move along.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Thread Information