Thread: [article] Squandered Resources: Super Budget Super Series 3

[article] Squandered Resources: Super Budget Super Series 3

The final part of this series of articles is up! Again I go over 5 budget legacy decks that cost less than $100, describing their strategies and key interactions within. Comments and criticisms are appreciated. You can find the article at the link below.

Thoughts?

http://mtgsalvation.com/1369-squande...-series-3.html

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Re: [article] Squandered Resources: Super Budget Super Series 3

Kithkins

Oh god, this is so funny. I love your 'About Face' and 'Twisted Image' All-in aggro deck. It makes me want to try them out at my local legacy tournament.

I love these articles - you really could take some of these builds to a local tourney and just win on surprise alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cartoonist View Post
    I love these articles - you really could take some of these builds to a local tourney and just win on surprise alone.
    I'm glad you guys like the articles, it means a lot to me.

As far as the surprise factor goes, yes this is a big part of it, yes. When my buddy took the Aura combo deck to a tournament poeple had no idea what was going on. It was to the point that people were using their force of wills on his Bogles. Which made it easier to resolve his academy researchers.

You probably already covered this, but I just love this card. Kiln Fiend is a casual card, but with some work you can build a budget deck that resemble U/R Delver, but with much more explosiveness. Free spells like Fireblast and Gitaxian Probe can really add some punch to the dogs power in a pinch.

I built a pauper deck using Delver + Kiln Fiend that basically could dish out loads of damage when undisrupted.

Turn 2: Kiln Fiend, go. Entomb for Griselbrand on EOT
    Opp turn 2: Animate Dead on Griselbrand, draw 7 go to 13
    Turn 3: Vapor Snag Griselbrand, opp Forces, Daze, Bolt to the face swing for 10

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by alderon666 View Post
    You probably already covered this, but I just love this card. Kiln Fiend is a casual card, but with some work you can build a budget deck that resemble U/R Delver, but with much more explosiveness. Free spells like Fireblast and Gitaxian Probe can really add some punch to the dogs power in a pinch.

I built a pauper deck using Delver + Kiln Fiend that basically could dish out loads of damage when undisrupted.

Turn 2: Kiln Fiend, go. Entomb for Griselbrand on EOT
    Opp turn 2: Animate Dead on Griselbrand, draw 7 go to 13
    Turn 3: Vapor Snag Griselbrand, opp Forces, Daze, Bolt to the face swing for 10
    I've always tried to make a good deck like this. Wee Dragonauts is always fun, and actually timing it so that you pop an Ancestral Visions or a couple Gitaxian Probes at the turn you can attack with either of them is great.

Yeah I went over kiln fiend in my combo article. I like mutagenic growth too. Fireblast is insteresting. I also like the idea of using tainted strike, as that plus mutagenic growth is lethal.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

I really like your articles! I gonna build myself the Green Man Storm, because i have all of the cards flying around here - i gonna try it out at my next local tournament ^_^

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

This reminds me of what it must have felt like for people to see Sam Black cast Carrion Feeder and Goblin Bombardement in the win-and-in rounds for Top8 at GP Atlanta
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    This reminds me of what it must have felt like for people to see Sam Black cast Carrion Feeder and Goblin Bombardement in the win-and-in rounds for Top8 at GP Atlanta
    Yup, that's exactly it. It would be cool if someone did that with one of these decks.

Thread Information