Thread: GP Atlanta: Blindflipping delvers to 43rd

GP Atlanta: Blindflipping delvers to 43rd

GP Atlanta: Blind flipping to 43rd place

When it was announced GP Atlanta would be legacy i made plans on attending and told my good friend Lucius he was going even if I had to stuff him in my trunk. * So BDG, Lucius, and I left Friday afternoon. * I unfortunately only have 1 bye under the new system so I was going to have to play a lot of magic Saturday. *This is the list I ended up registering, very close to the one I made top 16 at SCG Orlando with.*

Canadian thresh*
    4 misty
    3 scalding tarn
    3 trop
    2 volcanic
    1 taiga
    1 island
    4 wasteland

4 mongoose
    4 delver
    4 goyf

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 lightning bolt
    1 chain lightning*
    1 forked bolt
    3 stifle
    3 daze
    2 spell snare*
    4 spell pierce
    4 fow

Side board
    4 submerge
    1 REB*
    1 pyroblast
    1 surgical
    1 crypt
    1 grafdiggers cage
    1 scavenging ooze
    2 grim lavamancer
    1 ancient grudge
    1 life from loam
    1 gilded drake

I've always liked to run a ton of 1 ofs in the board. *I don't like the 4th fow over the 3rd spell snare but it was a concession because combo was going to be big at this GP. I also would have cut the forked bolt and chain for two dismembers going forward.

Re: GP Atlanta: Blindflipping delvers to 43rd

Day 1

Round 1*Chick filet
    We go to food court to grab some breakfast. My buddy Eric explains to me the bagel chicken sammich is the power play so he let's me cut him in line and I end up buying the last one they had, bad beats for him (they continue throughout the weekend).*

Round 2 UW Stoneblade
    I lead off with mongoose and he plays relic. He dies to said mongoose plus it's twin. *Between sideboarding the judge watching our game stops us and issues us slowplay warnings each. *Game 2 is a repeat of game 1.*

Round 3 Goblins
    Before the round we make small talk about legacy and vintage. He is a principle of a high school and all around good guy from Alabama. *Im on the play with delver 2 lands, daze, bolt, brainstorm, and stifle. *My opponent mulls to six and doesn't cast a spell until turn 3 while getting mauled by my insect pet. -4 spell pierce +1 ooze, +2 grim, +1 grudge
    He goes turn 1 lackey and i put into play a delver. He just plays land go. My delver flips and I play a second one with blue up. He ccycles gempalm and gets in with lackey dropping goblin chieftan. I untap waste his caverns and bolt the lackey. He is out of gas when i play two goyfs. *

Round 4 Brian Kibler Maverick
    I put him on maverick so I mulled back goose,goose,spell pierce,daze,ponder,two fetches on the draw. Into the same hand minus 1 goose FML. I get beat down game by a Thalia with exalted. Game 2 I start with delver and maul him while submerging the same dryad arbor twice. Game 3 I'm killing him with a turn 1 delver but I brick out and draw 4 lands Ina row. He GSZ up a ranger and I don't draw any red spell to kill it.*

Round 5 Belcher
    Deck can't win against thresh. *Especially when he flashes me his deck when shuffling.*

Round 6 Maverick
    I'm on the play and lead with delver. I stifle, daze, and wasteland everything. He dies with zero permanents. Game two is the repeat of game 1 except he has dryad arbor submerged 4 times and dies to goyf beats.*

Round 7 Edleman UW delver
    Game 1 I thought he was stoneblade and vapor snags my cdelver. I eventually stick two of them and out race a giest with a jitte thanks to a timely stifle. Games 2,3 are a blowout in his favor. Thanks to jotun grunt and submerges.*

Round 8 UW stoneblade
    Game 1'i keep a sketch 1 land ponder hand and get punished when he double wastes me out the game. My friend is sitting to my right piloting rug against maverick slaps my shoulder and says watch this. He ponders flips delver next turn with rough/tumble eats his opponents board and trolls me. I tell him the card is garbage. I win two very close post board games. With me drawing like a God game 3. He wogs the board I have spell snare left and draw goose, goyf,goose,goyf bolt, bolt.*

Round 9 Maverick
    My opponent is a nervous wreck and is shuffling his whole deck towards me. I see his entire deck and know I'm about to play maverick. *Game one he leads off with wasteland and i was sooo happy. I fetch up island and play delver. I daze Thalia and waste him out the game. Game 2 I just rape his mana base and submerge dryad arbor(recurring theme) while killing him with two flipped delvers. *He plays a kitchen finks that eats a fow and extends the hand.*

After round 9 I found out my buddies Dom and Eric made day 2. While BDG lost his win and in.*

Re: GP Atlanta: Blindflipping delvers to 43rd

Reseved for day 2

Thread Information