Thread: I needed more than a few miracles: 2nd at SCG Seattle

Last edited by 'Nilla Pac; 04-05-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Dec 2011
    USA

Re: I needed more than a few miracles: 2nd at SCG Seattle

Dennis playing elves round 1 with all those specific cards? That was the person that, because of them, I was able to even go, he is an awesome guy and i can not thank him enough for giving me the opportunity to be there >^,^<
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    (How does anyone play High Tide and have fun? I don't get it. Go home and play Soduku and leave the rest of us alone.)
    Worth it for this quote alone. Great report!

Great report, and congrats on a great finish.

edit: You also had to be the only person I saw during the day who knew how to play against the Aluren deck.

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

This report was awesome, and full of complete sentences and correct grammar. Congratulations on your stellar performance!
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

Great job man, glad to see interesting decks making it to the top tables, and thanks for posting a wonderful and detailed report.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Good work, well written article. Ass-kicking deck.

Btw I've been playing at some locals a few weeks ago after going out 3 nights in a row to a 4-1 finish (could have been 5-0) --> somehow this deck seems to be THE hangover-deck of some kind :P

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    Round 6
    Shawn
    RUG Delver

I’ve seen Shawn around the tournaments in the Seattle area, but this is the first time we’ve played.
    Game 1, RUG does what it does and wastes/stifles me at the wrong moments. He plays well, I never get a foothold and he wins fairly easily.

Board out Force of Wills and 2 spell pierces for counterbalances, paths, and terminus #4
    Game 2, I’m able to stabilize, but not before he knocks me to two life. I try to cast a Jace, which he Red Blasts with the last card in his hand. I have a Force, but decide not to use it to resolve Jace and save it for a lethal bolt while I’m hitting him with a factory. This was a stupid plan since he could wasteland my factory before I can finish him and we’ll both be drawing off the top of our decks, something RUG does better than I do. I also had top out and had access to terminus and path on the top of my deck. I should have put Jace on the table and fatesealed any direct damage or dig for a counterbalance to put the game away. I counter his first bolt he top decks, but he draws another one a couple turns later after I get him to 5 and I’m kicking myself. He was telling me how lucky he got to win that one, but I played in a way that allowed it to happen. Ah well, the person who played better won this match.

The good thing about getting your ass kicked quickly is you can find somewhere to put your head down for a bit.

5-1
    Hey Lance, this is Shawn. First of all, congrats on your finish!

Second of all, you should give yourself more credit for this match. You mulled to 4 in Game 1, and Game 2 you would have put away if I didn't essentially hit runner-runner-runner (REB to deal with your Jace, a Bolt to draw a FOW and put you to one life after you tapped out to play Jace #2, and Ponder into my last Bolt for lethal).

Awesome report. I was feeling a bit under the weather today and I could feel that coming through your writing :P Your report made me like Miracle Control, for whatever reason. Good work!
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

This is one of the best and most entertaining reports I've read in quite a while! Looking forward to more content of yours.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thread Information