Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [EDH] The ultimate commander deck - Mistform Ultimus!

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Re: [EDH] The ultimate commander deck - Mistform Ultimus!

Made a couple changes to the list in the OP:

Out:
    Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
    Clone
    Rapid Hybridization
    Turnabout

In:
    Void Stalker
    Split Decision
    Cackling Counterpart
    Plea for Power

Kira has been nothing but a liability every time I've cast her because the deck relies on so many targeted effects. Equipment, regeneration and/or random buffs from lands and so on. It's definitely hurting the overall game plan much more than a stray Doom Blade ever would.

I dropped Clone a while ago for Cackling Counterpart, and I'm still not sure it was the right choice. I'm hoping now that Kira is out of the deck I'll be able to make more use of it.

Rapid Hybridization is a fine card, and I'm sort of sorry to see it go...but Void Stalker provides a useful tuck effect for a problematic creature or commander should I need it. It may turn out to be too slow in testing, but we'll see.

Turnabout always was more or less filler in the deck. The idea was to use it to tap down an opponent's team and swing in for the win, but I generally have plenty of evasion so it's never really mattered.

I added Split Decision because I like the card, especially in what is supposed to be my just for fun deck. I have a feeling that it's mostly a counterspell whenever I cast it, but that's fine. Plea for Power is much of the same thing - who knows, maybe the table will be kind enough to give me a Time Walk. Either way, 3 cards for 4 mana isn't exactly terrible.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

What about new blue slivers?

Diffusion sliver
    Galerider sliver

I especially liked Diffusion sliver. Sort of altered Kira effect.
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    What about new blue slivers?

Diffusion sliver
    Galerider sliver

I especially liked Diffusion sliver. Sort of altered Kira effect.
    Galerider Sliver is already in the list and has been since it was released in M14. Diffusion Sliver is definitely a consideration because it doesn't mess with my stuff like Kira does.

The M15 card I'm most excited about though is Paragon of Gathering Mists. Not only is it a universal lord, but it can also grant evasion to Mistform Ultimus or one of my other dorks if for some reason I don't already have access to it.

The only problem is that it's getting hard to find room for all of this stuff. There's probably something I could cut for the new Sliver, but for now here's the M15 update:

Out:
    Higure, the Still Wind
    Remote Isle

In:
    Paragon of Gathering Mists
    Cavern of Souls

Higure has only two potential targets in the deck assuming Mistform Ulitmus didn't get tucked somehow. The only reason he was really here was for the evasion, but Paragon provides that as well. Plus, Paragon is another lord for all of my creatures which is definitely a bonus.

Cavern of Souls should have been in here all along (likely naming merfolk) as Hinder/Spell Crumple on Mistform Ultimus is actually a pretty big problem for the deck, so I'm not sure why I totally overlooked it for so long.

Thread Information