Thread: Road to Ghent: Reanimator by Álex del Valle (Alsan)

Road to Ghent: Reanimator by Álex del Valle (Alsan)

Álex del Valle publishes and article (in Spanish) on the state of Reanimator and a report from his attendance @ GPTrial for Ghent.

http://manainfinito.com/2012/articul...ent-reanimator

Decklist, guidelines on how to play with it and against it, sideboard in and outs...

What more can you ask for?

Enjoy!

Re: Road to Ghent: Reanimator by Álex del Valle (Alsan)

this deck is such outrageous bullshit. They never should've unbanned entomb.

Nice article. how to do you sideboard against other decks? what cards to you remove mainboard?

translate.google.com -> insert link -> enjoy

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post

Why such intense hatred of Reanimator?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by hjalte View Post
    translate.google.com -> insert link -> enjoy
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by rxavage View Post
    IIRC he has to play against it all the time because I guess the L.A. metagame is infested with it.

But even beyond that, the deck is just boring to play against.

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    IIRC he has to play against it all the time because I guess the L.A. metagame is infested with it.

But even beyond that, the deck is just boring to play against.

I think Reanimator is awesome and There aren't many Reanimator players around here so I could be biased cause I don't get the mirror often.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Or just have Chrome installed and it will do it for you automatically.
    Brainstorm is only useful in certain situations? Brainstorm is useful when you hand is not the stone cold nutter butter blade Ranchington Q. Farnsworth Esquire best. When Brainstorm is "dead", the game is already over.
    - AriLax

Quote Originally Posted by rxavage View Post
    big creature power creep has just gotten to the point where these two card combo decks like Reanimator and Show and Tell (though of the two, reanimator is much much worse) are just insanely unfair. It used to be that the people playing fair decks bitched about storm being unfair...

but I've cone to the realization over time that of the combo decks that exist now, storm is very, very fair. Their entire deck is dedicated to their combo. There is no back-up plan. There is no bail out. When you go off as storm, you put your whole hand into the action. You throw your balls out there and hope to get there.

But reanimator? Reanimator always fucking has it. You have the daze? They have the daze. You force back? It's ok. Next turn, they untap play the other animate dead in hand and you still lose, bitch. The deck is an atrocious piece of shit that isn't even very interesting or intricate to play. Sneak Show can do the same bullshit but at least Show and Tell has a fundamental drawback and Sneak Attack costs a ton of mana. Reanimator is just dumb as fuck. All you guys still playing this horseshit need to stop and think about the children. You're hurting america.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

big creature power creep has just gotten to the point where these two card combo decks like Reanimator and Show and Tell (though of the two, reanimator is much much worse) are just insanely unfair. It used to be that the people playing fair decks bitched about storm being unfair...

but I've cone to the realization over time that of the combo decks that exist now, storm is very, very fair. Their entire deck is dedicated to their combo. There is no back-up plan. There is no bail out. When you go off as storm, you put your whole hand into the action. You throw your balls out there and hope to get there.

But reanimator? Reanimator always fucking has it. You have the daze? They have the daze. You force back? It's ok. Next turn, they untap play the other animate dead in hand and you still lose, bitch. The deck is an atrocious piece of shit that isn't even very interesting or intricate to play. Sneak Show can do the same bullshit but at least Show and Tell has a fundamental drawback and Sneak Attack costs a ton of mana. Reanimator is just dumb as fuck. All you guys still playing this horseshit need to stop and think about the children. You're hurting america.
    So says the Lands player.

Why do you insist on playing unfun cards. D; You're the true culprit!

<33

EDIT: btw did read the article. Yay for knowing Spanish and it seems to be fine while reading Italian articles give or take a couple of slang words. Anywoo it seems you've added more silver bullets which I think is fine. I was thinking of doing something similar. Sure it makes careful study a bit worse, but you don't get extracted out of the game either.
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

May 2011
    Valencia (Spain)

I'm the writer of the article :D. Thanks to all for the messages :). I hope you've enjoyed it.
    3d2Y. [Wolves never look back]

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

@ Antonius: Entomb was fine until WOTC printed Iona, then Jin-Gitaxias, then Griselbrand. Tomorrow it will be some creature with "win the game when X enters play," because Griselbrand hasn't been banned, so clearly the threshold of dumbness hasn't been hit yet. And if that card saw print, people would be like, "But you can just Stifle the trigger!"

There are lots of graveyard hate cards including Extirpate & Surgical Ex, good ole Tormod's Crypt, Leyline of the Void, Faerie Macabre, Grafdiggers Cage etc.
    I don't see how Entomb is so utterly broken when there are tools that pretty much every deck can SB for the matchup.

Saying that, it can be pretty mundane to play against when you're not playing big time counter, extraction and/or disruption, so I'm not gonna disagree that playing against it can be shit.
    What amazes me most is the amount of popularity the deck has, and how much the deck seems to grow stronger over time as new creature targets get printed.
    I am so glad that the ELdrazi couldn't be targets for it!!!

Thread Information