Thread: [scd]Spelltwine

[scd]Spelltwine

Autocard for Spelltwine doesn't seem to work right now, so here's a quote of the spoiler:
    Socery

Exile target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard and target instant or sorcery card from an opponent's graveyard. Copy those cards. Cast the copies if able without paying their mana costs. Exile Spelltwine.
    This is -basically- a more conditional version of Sins of the Past, and has me wondering whether cheating Dragonstorm or other cards out of the graveyard can be viable. e.g. something involving:

Combo:

Sins of the Past
    Spelltwine
    Dragonstorm
    Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
    Bogardan Hellkite

Hand sculpting/looting

Faithless Looting
    Careful Study
    Wild Guess
    Ideas Unbound

Acceleration

Dark Ritual
    Cabal Ritual

Protection

Duress
    Force of Will

And to round it out a pile of duals and fetches.

Musing on it, this seems like it would be a worse version of reanimator or a worse version of storm, but I wonder if there are up sides that I'm not seeing.

Similarly, I wonder if there are better 'I win now' sorceries than Dragonstorm or Morality Shift.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Re: [scd]Spelltwine

I don't see why'd you run Spelltwine > SotP in a deck like that. One can be cast by Dark Ritual, the other can do cute win more shenanigans. Seems like a no-contest.

That said, BR Dragonstorm with Sins of the Past/Past in Flames/Reforge the Soul/Faithless Looting looks stupid fun (in that order).

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: [scd]Spelltwine

So if your opponent doesn't cast any Instants/Sorceries or even havy any...you're just a Sins of the Past deck? And even if he does...you're casting a 6 mana sorcery spell that relies on your graveyard and requires setup.

With combos like these, the one thing that comes to my mind first is: why playing this over the supreme setup-into-graveyard-dependant-Sorcery aka Reanimator right now?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thread Information