Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cook’s Kitchen – GP Ghent Results & Analysis

ad nauseam blind
    Jun 2011
    circles within circles

Re: Cook’s Kitchen – GP Ghent Results & Analysis

As for junk, the reason for the 4th liliana is that they are practically oblivion rings against show and tell and reanimator. And they are backbreaking to resolve against most "fair," decks.
    I agree with this although I would like to clarify that liliana cant be show and tell'd into play like O-ring (not sure if thats what you meant?). Probably obvious to everyone else here but I screwed someone over by accident with this play not so long ago..heh sorry dude.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by FieryBalrog View Post
    Anyone can write things like "Three FoW seems wrong. Four is better." and "2 Karakas seems ridiculous to me". X seems bad; Y seems good; article complete? That isn't improving a deck; it's just a low utility stream of consciousness about the top 8 decks from the GP.

Perhaps I'm biased, as I found the grammar and writing style to be objectively poor, and as someone who has taught English grammar in the past, it's always more than a little off-putting to see sub-high school level English. It instantly prejudices me against the sophistication of the author. I generally find statements like "X seems bad" to be a lot more credible when paired with an author who is more disciplined about these matters.
    You don't like my writing style? Don't read it. But I don't exactly see people wanting to read your thoughts. I may not be the greatest writer but I have plenty of results. I've also been around long enough to have plenty of experiences and interactions with knowing what works and what doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Of course people end up discarding extra Lilianas to herself. That's a feature, not a bug.

And extra tops get rid of themselves. Just use a fetchland. It's way more important to always hit Top than it is to worry about having an extra. You know extra Brainstorms aren't very good without a shuffle effect, does that mean you want to cut those to a 3 of?

I agree that just top 8ing once doesn't mean a list is perfect but some of these criticisms seem to be based in nothing.
    There's a big difference between Lilliana and Brainstorm. Brainstorm doesn't clog hands and isn't a dead card in multiples. That's why I was suggesting three Lilliana, it's essentially useless in the fundamental turns of legacy.

As for Top, I've addressed my opinions previously.

Sep 2007
    MN

After Ghent the Junk deck and one of the miracle decks caught my eye, so I built them. The Junk deck does want 4 tops, it has 8 discard effects and 3 mox diamonds which can be terrible topdecks. One of the easiest ways the Junk deck loses is stripping the opps hand then running out of steam (9 creatures/3 souls, only bob for draw) as they topdeck removal and a creature while Junk draws mox, land, discard.

Edit - Given the specific nature of this Junk deck, I would much rather have the luxury of spinning a top and frowning while drawing a redundant top versus living off my library and bricking off.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    You don't like my writing style? Don't read it. But I don't exactly see people wanting to read your thoughts.
    No offense, but regardless of your experience and results, this reply is immature and doesn't help increasing your audience or adding to your credibility.

I like what you are doing for the community, but I don't understand such a snappish behavior.

Thread Information