Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: First piece of power

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Re: First piece of power

:)

After a few weeks, two Ebay auctions, a transaction on the Facebook High End Group, and a local deal with a guy cashing out, I can now play Doomsday without proxies!

Jul 2011
    California

Traded for my first piece of power tonight! Feels good man

Legacy: Miracles

Apr 2014
    phillipines

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicath View Post

what are the cards you traded for?
    Live and Let Live

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

This is actually my second P9 card... When I was paying the cash for it I was looking like the guy on that card. :D. Actually something similar happened to me when I found Flash of Insight in my cards album :D

It was sold as "lightly played", but then I checked SCG and ABU... Actually this piece is in better shape as many "near mint" they sell nowadays...
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Two Explores.
    Apr 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicath View Post

Is it just me or does this look super fake?
    Humphrey is always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    Is it just me or does this look super fake?
    It looks to me like the border was painted black with black glossy paint.
    Using Tapatalk

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Almost double bought in. I will say, for all of MTGO's flaws, there is something beautiful about being able to play pantless, drop-in matches at 2AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    I will say, for all of MTGO's flaws, there is something beautiful about being able to play pantless, drop-in matches at 2AM.
    Makes me want to sign up for MTGO
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Feb 2008
    NYC

I just bought in myself this weekend as I've been getting away from legacy and trying to play more and more vintage. I have the cards in real life but after a short event on Saturday I was still hungry for more vintage action so I restarted my account( I last logged on during m10) and within an hour I had a fully built grixis deck minus hurkyls recall for less than 1400. Mind you I had nothing as all I use to do on MTGO was draft before. Since then I Have probably played 59 matches. The interface is def funky and I am still mis clicking and flusterstorm is a pain but there is something beautiful about a recall on the stack then followed by five counters. I will say the meta seems odd as I have played far less shop decks than in real life.

My first piece of power came back when the moxen were like 50 bucks or so I think. It was during mirage and I dominated a sealed event with a bunch of fallen Askari. But alas I stopped playing in high school and split the cards with my buddies who all played together. I kept some stuff duals and the like. But gave them the power and I took the Star Wars cards Bc Obv that game was here to stay. Either way it would be neArly 12 years till I had another piece of power. I was shopping around and ABU games had an amazing looking alpha jet on their sight. Had to be mis marked. So I immediately bought it. And haven't looked back since. Would love all alpha but it's hard and I spent a lot of time also building a legal classic 93/94 deck.

Seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

I've also bought in online, playing shops. Playing ghost quarters instead of wastelands at the moment.

Sroncor1 - Do you have anywhere to play 93/94? I've been trying to find people around where I live, and I'm getting close to having some friends start in on Vintage, but 93/94 seems a longshot. That format is A BLAST. Drawing the line at 95, 96, or 97 would be just as fun too I imagine.

Feb 2008
    NYC

There are a group of guys that played last time. One of the local stores has been really cool and I am working in getting regular fun old formats played there. We have a block party tournament scheduled for November and working on some old school drafts and classic at the same time. My hope is to have one of these events a month. I have a fuckton of old cards that I can start using as prize support and people have been pretty enthusiastic. And yes classic 93/94 is a blast. Probably the best magic I've ever played. Takes me back. But random blocks is pretty cool also. Are you in the dc area? I'm hoping people will be able to play 93/94 at champs

Seth
    …no matter how much you think you love somebody, you’ll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Not in DC area, I live near St. Louis. Not much Vintage here, even less 93/94. I'm working on some people to start up the Vintage at least. I don't think I'm going to be able to swing Eternal Championships this year or I'd say I'll bring my 93/94 deck and we could sling some old school goodness. That format has to be the best in Magic. Ironically, it's basically totally unexplored.

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

YEAHHHH

I did a very large transaction today.... I shall have new pictures for this thread in a few weekends time!

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
    I did a very large transaction today.... I shall have new pictures for this thread in a few weekends time!
    Here's the pic! I had the Twister / Ancestral / Walk / Vault already, the week before Eternal Weekend I did a big 4 way deal that involved an online colleague trading 4 of his moxes to a friend, acquiring a beta lotus, selling my WB power and then selling all the beta power to me!

Last edited by KIP_NZ; 06-02-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Amazing! Also, love that Diamond was added to your playmat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teluin View Post
    Amazing! Also, love that Diamond was added to your playmat.
    Yer it's a custom mat by Dan Frazer, was my birthday present last year from my wife :)

Site Contributor

Sep 2013
    DFW

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
    Yer it's a custom mat by Dan Frazer, was my birthday present last year from my wife :)
    Beautiful, your wife did a great job with that mat choice. Congrats on finishing up the black bordered power!
    Currently Playing
    Legacy: ANT

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Only one AdNaus deck in the top 16 this week?

THANKS OBAMA.

Thread Information