Thread: Transmute Artifact

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Transmute Artifact

Hey guys,

I have a Cathodion on the field. I cast Transmute Artifact sacrificing Cathodion to transmute Wurmcoil Engine on the field. Can I use Cathodion's trigger to pay for the difference?

Would this also work with Reshape? Thanks!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: Transmute Artifact

You quite obviously have to read the Oracle text for that one.

Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, search your library for an artifact card. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the sacrificed artifact's converted mana cost, put it onto the battlefield. If it's greater, you may pay {X}, where X is the difference. If you do, put it onto the battlefield. If you don't, put it into its owner's graveyard. Then shuffle your library.

It all happens during resolution, so no, no triggers resolving.

As an additional cost to cast Reshape, sacrifice an artifact.

Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost X or less and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Reshape has the sacrifice as part of the cost but also has the mana as part of the cost, so no.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information